Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 597 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Shishido

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shishido

Kantou: Tezuka against Atobe where Tezuka had his Zone and the Drop Shot used and an broken arm....

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sherlock Holmes's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DavenSodan View Post
    Kantou: Tezuka against Atobe where Tezuka had his Zone and the Drop Shot used and an broken arm....
    Right, the match was in Kantou. My mistake. I forgot he only quit the tournament after that match. For some reason, I thought Tezuka's match with Atobe was in Tokyo...

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Atobe the king's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sherlock Holmes View Post
    Right, the match was in Kantou. My mistake. I forgot he only quit the tournament after that match. For some reason, I thought Tezuka's match with Atobe was in Tokyo...
    Nope, it was the very first Round of the Kanto tournament...

That was why all the other seeds (Rokkaku, Rikkai , and Yamabuki) came to watch Tezuka lose like hungry Vultures..
    When's Prince of Tennis Smash Hit 4

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member javimgol's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

PLEASE READ THIS:
    The one who said that Kanto's Tezuka was better than Sanada and Ryoma in Tokyo was KONOMI.
    When he says that?
    In the tonkoban(manga volume) appear the Rikkai interviews, do you remember it?In one of them, Vol.4 just before chapter 224, Sanada VS Ryoma, one reader asks:
    "Who would win in a Sanada-Tezuka match?"
    Sanada, Jackal and Renji said Sanada, but YUKIMIRA, the best tennis player of the series (Konomi said) says:
    "I would say Tezuka,hehe"
    So, admit it, Kanto's Sanada WOULD LOSE VS TEZUKA
    HERE IS: http://www.onemanga.com/Prince_of_Tennis/223/20/

And it was stated before Ryoma VS Atobe than Ryoma was worse than Tezuka:
    http://www.onemanga.com/Prince_of_Tennis/296/15-16/

They are MANGA EVIDENCES, no OPINIONS like you ahve

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Bowser's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Kanto Sanada would win? Maybe...but he sealed two of his techniques, Shadow and lightning in order to beat tezuka...so if they played, he would have unsealed it anyway right?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fayte's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by javimgol View Post
    PLEASE READ THIS:
    The one who said that Kanto's Tezuka was better than Sanada and Ryoma in Tokyo was KONOMI.
    When he says that?
    In the tonkoban(manga volume) appear the Rikkai interviews, do you remember it?In one of them, Vol.4 just before chapter 224, Sanada VS Ryoma, one reader asks:
    "Who would win in a Sanada-Tezuka match?"
    Sanada, Jackal and Renji said Sanada, but YUKIMIRA, the best tennis player of the series (Konomi said) says:
    "I would say Tezuka,hehe"
    So, admit it, Kanto's Sanada WOULD LOSE VS TEZUKA
    HERE IS: http://www.onemanga.com/Prince_of_Tennis/223/20/

And it was stated before Ryoma VS Atobe than Ryoma was worse than Tezuka:
    http://www.onemanga.com/Prince_of_Tennis/296/15-16/

They are MANGA EVIDENCES, no OPINIONS like you ahve
    Incorrect. That is not Konomi saying Tezuka is better, nor is it an interview. If you read all of those Q&A's you would realize that none of them are actually answered. They are just to show how the characters would react to them. Konomi did not say anything. Yukimura the character, made a joke to tease Sanada.

As for Echizen reaching Tezuka's level, Atobe was referring to "Nationals" Tezuka. The Tezuka that uses PoHW. Atobe would be correct. Echizen did not reached (N)Tezuka at that point yet.

Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fayte View Post
    Incorrect. That is not Konomi saying Tezuka is better, nor is it an interview. If you read all of those Q&A's you would realize that none of them are actually answered. They are just to show how the characters would react to them. Konomi did not say anything. Yukimura the character, made a joke to tease Sanada.

As for Echizen reaching Tezuka's level, Atobe was referring to "Nationals" Tezuka. The Tezuka that uses PoHW. Atobe would be correct. Echizen did not reached (N)Tezuka at that point yet.
    About Atobe, we don´t know what Tezuka was refering, it isn´t stated, maybe you're right but we can´t be sure.

About the A&Q, I think you don't (or you don't want to) understand it well. A reader asks, and Konomi answers. The point is that Konomi prefers than the answers will be answered by their own characters. The other A&Q are the same, the reader asks and Konomi answers (i.ex who get good marks? answer: yagyyu and renji :http://www.onemanga.com/Prince_of_Tennis/233/18/)

And just one thing more: why do you thing Sanada is better than Tezuka, with no doubts? I think they are exactly in the same level, and the match was a prove of it. Both could have won...

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    I think they are exactly in the same level, and the match was a prove of it. Both could have won...
    This is pretty much my stance on the whole thing

Winning one match doesn't mean he's better, it's like Saying Ryoma was better than Sanada in Kanto

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Not even a match. Its just one damn short set we are talking about. That is nothing. I once lost the first set 1-6 just to beat the hell out of my opponent in set two and three...

Echizen could have been refereed as better than Sanada if he beat him numerous times because he always would overcome him with something (like the Cool Drive). Of course now, since he got Pop, every discussion would be useless.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DavenSodan View Post
    Not even a match. Its just one damn short set we are talking about. That is nothing. I once lost the first set 1-6 just to beat the hell out of my opponent in set two and three...
    This is my main issue with PoT...a single set doesn't tell the whole story...

Fed loses to Nadal 6-2 in the first...then proceeds to thrash him 6-2,6-0 in the next set.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fayte's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Listen, it isn't about winning or losing. Tezuka was utterly out-matched. Yukimura himself said it. I don't understand what is so difficult to comprehend about this subject. Sanada defeated every single technique Tezuka had to throw at him. Not only that, Tezuka ended up losing anyway!

That would be like Shiraishi owning Fuji 5-0 like he did,

Fuji creates counters, gets 4 games;

Shiraishi overcomes them and wins 6-4 anyway.

Now, had this happened, WHO in their right mind would say "Fuji is still better" or "They are even." Whoever would take this situation and say that, please raise your hand.

Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fayte View Post
    Listen, it isn't about winning or losing. Tezuka was utterly out-matched. Yukimura himself said it. I don't understand what is so difficult to comprehend about this subject. Sanada defeated every single technique Tezuka had to throw at him. Not only that, Tezuka ended up losing anyway!

That would be like Shiraishi owning Fuji 5-0 like he did,

Fuji creates counters, gets 4 games;

Shiraishi overcomes them and wins 6-4 anyway.

Now, had this happened, WHO in their right mind would say "Fuji is still better" or "They are even." Whoever would take this situation and say that, please raise your hand.
    But Sanada VS Tezuka had much more emotion. And remember, if Tezuka would have the arm only a bit less injured, he could have done 4 Zero Shiki serves in a row and would have won the match.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Nope, as Sanada still had those combination shot. He returned the Zero-Serve at match point.

And: IF Tezuka had a better arm, then maybe Sanada would still be better IF he had more than 2 elements hidden... this whole if thing leads to nothing.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Atobe the king View Post
    This is my main issue with PoT...a single set doesn't tell the whole story...

Fed loses to Nadal 6-2 in the first...then proceeds to thrash him 6-2,6-0 in the next set.
    Yeah, but these are middle school kids. Most of them are damn exhausted after playing just one set. Hell, unless things have changed since I graduated, even high school tennis teams only play one set matches.

It's true that you can lose bad in the first set and then win big in the next few, but for people who know they're playing a one set match, they'll have to go all out from the start.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hinata Fan View Post
    Yeah, but these are middle school kids. Most of them are damn exhausted after playing just one set. Hell, unless things have changed since I graduated, even high school tennis teams only play one set matches.

It's true that you can lose bad in the first set and then win big in the next few, but for people who know they're playing a one set match, they'll have to go all out from the start.
    I disagree...Ryoma and Atobe played a 200 + point breaker...if you do the math thats like 8 sets of tennis (im just throwing around the numbers Im probably wrong).

Ryoma jogs from Tokyo to Kanagawa on foot then plays Kirihara.

None of them ever look really tired unless the match was grueling.

New Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast