Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16

Thread: Top 5 Favorite Techniques.

  1. #1
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fayte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Country
    United States
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,758
    Post Thanks / Like

    Top 5 Favorite Techniques.

    1. Wild Ball ( Tachibana )
    Spoiler show

    2. Teleport Net Smash ( Akutsu )
    Spoiler show

    3. Invade Like Fire ( Sanada )
    Spoiler show

    4. Tight Rope Walking ( Bunta )
    Spoiler show

    5. Rondo Towards Destruction ( Atobe )
    Spoiler show
    Last edited by Fayte; June 23, 2009 at 04:31 PM.

  2. #2
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Atobe the king's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    NY
    Country
    United States
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,433
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Top 5 Favorite Techniques.

    1-Lay Waste,Just as the Fire (Ka), Sanada Genichirou
    2-COOL Drive, Echizen Ryoma
    3-Tannhauser Serve, Atobe Keigo
    4-Hametsu e no Rondo, Atobe Keigo
    5-Gyaku da kozou - It's the opposite kid(it's what the games call it), Akutsu Jin (the shot where he changes direction midswing)
    When's Prince of Tennis Smash Hit 4

  3. #3
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Country
    United States
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    125
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Top 5 Favorite Techniques.

    Hmmm...I've never ever thought about this one. There are way too many, I'll end up just listing the first that come to my mind... My list is in no order...

    1.Tezuka Zone/Phantom (I'm combining these...), Tezuka
    2.Hametsu no Rondo, Atobe
    3. Zero-Shiki Drop Shot/Serve (more combining...), Tezuka
    4. Gatekeeper of Hectoncheires, Fuji
    5. Swift like the Wind, Sanada

    Forgot Tsubame Gaeshi, Tightrope Walking, Disappearing Serve, Kami Kakushi....there are too many....

    This is why you can't take me shopping.
    Last edited by Dansan1; April 28, 2009 at 09:26 PM.

  4. #4
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Country
    Germany
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    111
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Top 5 Favorite Techniques.

    1. Tsumbane Gaish, because I got lucky one time and hit a realistic version of it...
    2. Twist Spin Shot, just because the stance
    3. Super Rising, because it actually exists
    4. Shukuchihou, because its more of an illusion as actual "speed"
    5. Senri Chitose's special slice shot, I liked the description

  5. #5
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member javimgol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Madrid/Salamanca
    Country
    Spain
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    755
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Top 5 Favorite Techniques.

    1. Zero-shiki Drop Shot-Tezuka Kunimitsu
    Spoiler show


    2. Zero-shiki Serve- Tezuka Kunimitsu
    Spoiler show


    3. Moon Volley-Oishi Shuichiro
    Spoiler show


    4. World of Ice-Atobe Keigo

    Spoiler show


    5. Saiki Kampatsu no Kiwami-Chitose Senri
    Spoiler show
    Last edited by javimgol; June 24, 2009 at 04:25 PM.

  6. #6
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Country
    United States
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    81
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Top 5 Favorite Techniques.

    So much to choose from... I'm going to have to separate my list...

    Serves
    1. Vanishing Cut
    2. Tannhauser Serve
    3. Zero Shiki Serve
    4. Knuckle Serve
    5. Kouhou

    Shots/Smashes
    1. Hametsu he no Rondo
    2. Rai
    3. Hoshi Hanabi
    4. Cool Drive
    5. Hakuryu

  7. #7
    THE MH FOODIE 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Sai_the_Shaman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Country
    Earth Kindom
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,838
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Top 5 Favorite Techniques.

    1) 氷の世界 (World of Ice / Koori no Sekai)
    2) 風林火陰山雷 (FuuRinKaInZanRai)
    3) レーザービーム (Laser Beam)
    4) 妙技・時間差地獄 (Myogi - Jikansa Jigoku)
    5) 零式サーブ (Zero Shiki Serve)

    Those would be my 5. Granted, no. 2 is techinically 6 shots.... :: shrug ::

    I know we've only seen Jikansa Jigoku once, but I think it's an interesting concept since I'd love to be able to fake someone out like that in a real game. I would've been nice if they actually explained it more.

    I don't knwo why Laser Beam holds such a soft spot for me, I just love it....probably cause I really like Yagyuu (I was sad he wasn't in the finals)

  8. #8
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fayte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Country
    United States
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,758
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Top 5 Favorite Techniques.

    Temporal Difference Hell is one of my favorite techniques as well. Bunta has amazing shots.

    I also added pictures to mine.

  9. #9
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member javimgol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Madrid/Salamanca
    Country
    Spain
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    755
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Top 5 Favorite Techniques.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fayte View Post
    Temporal Difference Hell is one of my favorite techniques as well. Bunta has amazing shots.

    I also added pictures to mine.
    I didn't undertand it very well, could you explain me?

  10. #10
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Atobe the king's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    NY
    Country
    United States
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,433
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Top 5 Favorite Techniques.

    Quote Originally Posted by javimgol View Post
    I didn't undertand it very well, could you explain me?
    Kind of like a feint smash, he prepares to smash then lowers his body and the racket head goes behind him and he instead volleys. Which throws the opponent off guard.

    I'm not sure though you never really see the move, Sai could explain it better since he has like every volume lol.
    When's Prince of Tennis Smash Hit 4

  11. #11
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Country
    Germany
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    111
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Top 5 Favorite Techniques.

    Nobody wonders why the hell would he do that at all if a smash would score the point anyway? I mean the Golden Pair was up front... no way to return a smash from there.

  12. #12
    THE MH FOODIE 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Sai_the_Shaman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Country
    Earth Kindom
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,838
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Top 5 Favorite Techniques.

    The move is basically a fake out. At that point in time the Golden Pair had really only seen Tsuna Watari and Tecchu Atte. Both of which require you to be up front to return. However, Marui faked them both out and delayed the shot to be hit later than it should and launched the ball in to the back court when the Golden pair poached up the court. It's basically a move that allows Marui to control the court. In essence you never know what he'll hit because it could go to the back court, roll off the net or bounce off the pole. All three shots seem to use the same basic start stance (as Kikumaru wasn't sure what he was going to hit and questioned whether it was tsuna watari or tecchu atte) so he can control which shot needs to be hit to get the point by the positioning of his opponents

    EDIT: I'll go look at my 40.5 later and see if it says more on the actual move since I'm just pulling from the match itself

  13. #13
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member javimgol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Madrid/Salamanca
    Country
    Spain
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    755
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Top 5 Favorite Techniques.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sai_the_Shaman View Post
    The move is basically a fake out. At that point in time the Golden Pair had really only seen Tsuna Watari and Tecchu Atte. Both of which require you to be up front to return. However, Marui faked them both out and delayed the shot to be hit later than it should and launched the ball in to the back court when the Golden pair poached up the court. It's basically a move that allows Marui to control the court. In essence you never know what he'll hit because it could go to the back court, roll off the net or bounce off the pole. All three shots seem to use the same basic start stance (as Kikumaru wasn't sure what he was going to hit and questioned whether it was tsuna watari or tecchu atte) so he can control which shot needs to be hit to get the point by the positioning of his opponents

    EDIT: I'll go look at my 40.5 later and see if it says more on the actual move since I'm just pulling from the match itself
    With your argument you have convinced me: Bunta is a Rank S player (and maybe even better than Oishi in doubles tactics)

  14. #14
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sherlock Holmes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Country
    Canada
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,613
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Top 5 Favorite Techniques.

    Quote Originally Posted by javimgol View Post
    With your argument you have convinced me: Bunta is a Rank S player (and maybe even better than Oishi in doubles tactics)
    No, Rank S is reserved for players with super saiyan auras and insane popularity. Bunta has none of those so he stays in Rank A.

  15. #15
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member javimgol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Madrid/Salamanca
    Country
    Spain
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    755
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Top 5 Favorite Techniques.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sherlock Holmes View Post
    No, Rank S is reserved for players with super saiyan auras and insane popularity. Bunta has none of those so he stays in Rank A.
    Well, you are right, he only does impossible tennis shots, he doesn´t read minds or destroy Physic laws. In Prince of Tennis, it's just Rank A

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts