Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/14/14 - 4/20/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by kewl0210
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: This week (Road 94-95-96-97-98-99) Discussion and predictions

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Silen's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

This week (Road 94-95-96-97-98-99) Discussion and predictions

well, this week it's my turn to start the topic

i liked when the little natureza touched his first *true* soccer ball, so sweet child!

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member "~Mail~"'s Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: This week (Road 94) Discussion and predictions

well, other than the juggling, Naturezza if playing a football skill (without the acrobatic display and the dazzling dribble). And true tactic of football with simple 1-2 passing and backheel (looks very alike with Tevez goal against Wigan). A clear nutmeg and not the Aurora Feint nor Chokkaku Feint.

But Rail doesn't show little of the real Raul characteristic (kissing badge).

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice chapter. Thnx to SHINJI and SILEN once again for an early release.

Back to the topic, like i predicted REAL draws the first blood. Though Natureza is not the first one to score. Look how Tsubasa looks totally lost. He was so ready to score the first goal and must now be kicking himself that he could not.

Just waiting to see what his reaction will be.. Will he say the same statement that the way of Barca is to give double to what it takes?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Blabble's Avatar
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Why didn't the goalkeeper react at all to the shot? Yeah I know it was fast, but he could have jumped and tried his luck.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Bowser's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    Why didn't the goalkeeper react at all to the shot? Yeah I know it was fast, but he could have jumped and tried his luck.
    Cuz the keeper sucks, remember Robercaros's Super long shot? I know he has a really good left foot and everything, but either the shot was so fast he couldn't react or the keeper just sucked cuz he saved it with one hnd - surely you could catch it with two hand no problem! This is Captain Tsubasa I suppose.

Scanlator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Shinji's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

How can a keeper react if he doesn't even know that it's coming?

Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

He should know that it wouldn't necessarily come from Natureza. He's not the only striker of the team.

Rail was in his field of vision (even I would have seen that) plus the shot wasn't that close. His positioning was quite bad as well. But at least I was expecting him to do a move to save face.

I think part of the problem as well was the defense for not stricter marking on rail.
    Last edited by Blabble; May 27, 2009 at 09:09 AM.

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Saying "he should have" is always easy when you know how it ends You can say "he should have" for every goal of the entire series >_> You'd probably still blame Rechard if he was positioned to stop Rail, and Natureza scored. Thing is, Rechard was perfectly positioned to stop Natureza, and Natureza was the threat.

You can't say what Rechard actually had in his field of vision...

On the other hand, if you look at how Takahashi displayed the action, it should be obvious to you that it was completely unexpected.
    -In this chapter, look at the picture when we, readers, saw Rail for the first time. The *first* picture he appears in is the one when the ball was already in the net. In usual shooting situations where the shoot can actually be stopped (or when the keeper can at least try to stop it), you can always see the player trapping the ball or gets in shoot position, or see him shoot with the speaker saying something.
    -Even after the goal, the speaker is surprised of the outcome, hesitating to say "Goal", and taking some time before realizing that Rail scored.

This is supposed to show you that it was completely unexpected, and that it was too late as soon as Rail was noticed.

Actually, even if Rechard isn't probably such a good keeper, if I was to blame someone, I'd blame the players who let Rail free.

Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

yeah that's what i'm saying. the defenders should have closed rail earlier.

I wouldn't blame him if he was properly positioned.

better positioning compensates for slower reaction.

Rechard had rail in his field of vision, otherwise he's blind or something. he might be concentrated on natureza, but rail is in his field of vision.

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

But, again, he's positioned, to stop Natureza, it would be stupid for Rechard to be positioned in front of Rail if Natureza is the threat, he'd just let a huge gap for Natureza. You can't say that he has slow reaction as well if Takahashi himself drew the situation in a way that says "no one could have reacted".

Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

ok so natureza gets past gonzales, where do you think he was going to shoot? I don't think he would attempt a goal at a closed angle by rechard.

I think Rechard has slow reaction based on the robecaro shoot. Anyway, I'm just disappointed in barca. The attack was good though, but the defense leaves a lot to be desired.
    Last edited by Blabble; May 27, 2009 at 10:00 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member chaos_master's Avatar
    Country
    Bulgaria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quick, simple and yet fascinating, and ultimately a goal. Nice one Takahashi! Keep them coming

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

SantaBla: It's not like Natureza's the kind of player who's limited with straight shoots. He'd probably do something fancier, but I guess that a loop shoot should be enough.

That doesn't necessarly mean that he has slow reaction. He's the only one who reacted, after all. Maybe he was ready to catch the moment Robecaro shoot, but it may be just his grip in the end.

Anyway even if Rechard is indeed not so good, every keeper can be blamed with every shoot he's taking.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I doubt any goalkeeper could have gotten the the ball.
    First of all, he was concentrated on Natureza, who was storming into the penalty area and positioned accordingly to the left side, which let the right side open.

Then he expected a shot and was ready to face it, then instead he lifted it to the other side. We would need to know who fast the pass was, but looking at Gonzales still in the Move and nearly the same position as at the beginning of the pass, the speed has to be pretty fast. The shot itself was quite fast too.

The only things what the GK could do are either doing a stepside or immediately fall down or jump without moving. He would never got enough speed to reach the other side in just these seconds.
    Okay, at least he could try moving, but it seems that the playing was so fast, he only could move his head.

I mean... how to reach other end of the goal in around... 1 second when you just stood still?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member chaos_master's Avatar
    Country
    Bulgaria
    Post Thanks / Like

Invis, for everything you've said, all you need to do is look at Wakabayashi's saves and see how attacks like this are (easily) handled

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast