Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (6/30/14 - 7/6/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 752 by cnet128 , Bleach 587 (2) , Gintama 501 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 3 of 53 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Gamaran by NAKAMARU Yousuke

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Drmke's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gamaran by NAKAMARU Yousuke

Quote Originally Posted by a_nevels666 View Post
    I think it's fairly obvious his father will be the ultimate enemy, that's pretty much the standard for a series like this.
    I dunno. Somehow I feel like the father will definitely be a major villain as one of the final ones, but that the actual final villain will be someone not yet introduced but will be soon enough.

OCCUPY THE WORLD

I got by Kaiten.
    <%M3J> Though I wouldn't mind Sari dominating me.

Celestial Belgian 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Koen's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

yet again, a great chapter. This is a manga that asks for more. Ryuugo enjoys this and I wouldn't be surprised if his brother would be very serious and strong. I wonder where the fight will go to.

The father, so I was right when I said he was participating the tournament too. Well, he is definitely some opponent Gama will have to face
    The biggest virtue is to support these Seven Deadly Sins in their fight!!!
    Read Nanatsu no Taizai

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member sabret00the's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Read this yesterday and loved it. Will be checking out how it evolves with eagerness.
    *Have you taken a look at Onepunch-Man? You should consider it, it's a great manga!

Little tocs-Coming Soon 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Chapter 20 is out. The battle between Sakon and Gama is going all guns blazing, with Gama on the back foot for last few chapters. But it seems Gama is going to go all out. I somehow knew, Gama hasn't shown us all of what he got, great stuff.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

was chapter 21 released this week? or is it going to be released next week, since is not on the raw-paradise website

Horosho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

While I have really enjoyed Gamaran so far I would like to see the mangaka explore the plot a little more. I think this fight ends the round, hopefully before the next round starts there could be some non - action chapters that begin delving into the tournament, why it started, did the lord have any motivation more than choising a successor, etc. Gamaran has the potential to be one of the great current action series. So far it has lived up to it's potential, hopefully it goes even further.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

does anyone knows why mangahelpers deleted the gamaran chapters??

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by maxikki View Post
    does anyone knows why mangahelpers deleted the gamaran chapters??
    If I remeber correctly , it has done with that kodansha has requested to ban all their mangas from the site.
    Some copyright issue.

Little tocs-Coming Soon 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

We can still discuss it even if it is removed. Chapter 22 is out on the internet.

Gama has prevailed victorious against Sakon. It was the best battle so far. I, at one stage was in doubt whether Gama will win or not. He pulled out a miraclous victory in the end. A sad end for Sakon, he was made a monster, by none other than his own brother. Really sad end to Sakon.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Wakka Kool-Aid's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know... I love the art of the manga, but it's already getting old to me. At the beginning I guess I liked it that this kid is badass and is taking down all of these expert fighters, but now it's just overkill. He seems overpowered to me. The abilities of the other schools just aren't that impressive if the entire school is being taken down by one person who is injured nontheless. There has been virtually no suspense who's going to win in the battles as the formula has been so far

Gama confronts school
    Easily takes out the fodder of the school
    Comes into contact with Strongest in school
    Gets injured by this fighter.
    Overcome injury and win due to amazing speed.

It's just losing it's flare to me I guess.

Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

You are correct in a way, most of the mangas tend to go in the similar direction. However, I think things story will become interesting, especially when Gama's father comes into the story.

The good thing about this manga, at least for me, is the main character. He is more consistent as a character, he is not hesitating to kill his opponent. Whereas, in most of the mangas, the protagonist hates to kill or hurt other.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member sabret00the's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't have the problem with his power, but I do have a problem with the fluctuating pace and badassery. If he's a badass, he has to remain a total badass or not. You can't have him be half a badass.
    *Have you taken a look at Onepunch-Man? You should consider it, it's a great manga!

Celestial Belgian 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Koen's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

I think there will come more story. There has been introduced two ogame school students and recently, Gama's sensei showed up. I am definitely sure that with these character's introduction and with a new stage into this tournament, some new story elements will be given...

Anyway, so far, I like gamaran a lot. Things aren't stretched out for too long. The fight with Kyousen school wasn't as long as I expected.
    The biggest virtue is to support these Seven Deadly Sins in their fight!!!
    Read Nanatsu no Taizai

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Wakka Kool-Aid's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

If Gamaran's sensei has better speed hax then him, then what would've happened if he was the one fighting in the first round? They other 'prestigeous' teams would've been child's play. I hope actual STRONG enemies come in the future that will equalize this manga's power levels.

Horosho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by koenosaki View Post
    I think there will come more story. There has been introduced two ogame school students and recently, Gama's sensei showed up. I am definitely sure that with these character's introduction and with a new stage into this tournament, some new story elements will be given...

Anyway, so far, I like gamaran a lot. Things aren't stretched out for too long. The fight with Kyousen school wasn't as long as I expected.
    Haven't read (or looked at raws) of chapter 23 yet so this post may be outdated. My gut feeling is this will go in Vagabond style cycles; a round of the tournament followed by plot driven arcs. The politics of the tournament will emerge during those arcs, as will most of the character development. Each round of the tournament will increase in intensity, each plot arc could delve deeper into the world. The mangaka seems to be very good, I don't think my expectations are to high.

So far I have been happy with the action. Considering this was essentially an introductory arc I thought it went very well. Gama was developed as an excellent strategist in addition to his strength as a soldier. Definitely not the stereotypical shonen hot head and I really appreciate that. At 23 chapters there is more than enough time for more complicated action scenes. The first three sequences may have had some repetition but that's not a big deal, yet. Hopefully as more sophisticated enemies are presented, and as Gama grows, the fights will move in less predictable directions.

New Reply
Page 3 of 53 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast