Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (6/30/14 - 7/6/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 587 by BadKarma , Gintama 501 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 2 of 53 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast

Thread: Gamaran by NAKAMARU Yousuke

Celestial Belgian 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Koen's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gamaran by NAKAMARU Yousuke

Ah well time to get this serie and the thread the activity it deserves. I like gamaran because of the explanation behind all techniques and behind all movements. It's quite refreshing to see the guy observing this last fight, observing gama and telling us what they are all doing. This fight is definitely Gama's win and I hope he'll have the time to heal afterwards because with another opponent it would be difficult to fight him taking the state, he is in at this moment, in account
    The biggest virtue is to support these Seven Deadly Sins in their fight!!!
    Read Nanatsu no Taizai

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Stevenh1990's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Man this manga is great ,Gama is a beast !

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Host Samurai's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stevenh1990 View Post
    Man this manga is great ,Gama is a beast !
    I second that!

I've read all available chapters 'till now, this manga is addicting which is great. Gama is literally a beast, he adepts his fighting abilities and merges it with his surroundings to have the upper hand against his opponents.
    Somehow I've the impression that the Ogame style isn't perfected yet, which would give gama more room to grow....

Credits:Shinsatsu

Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Of course the Ogame style is perfected but Gama hasn't perfected his Ogame style yet. But I agree there's a lot of progression and potential growth for Gama. Gama has to fight another two members iirc, and those two members are the most dangerous one. They can't be trusted and I would like it if later on, someone joins Gama's group. The opponents will be more difficult

Nice chapter. Reading a raw makes you clueless when you read the scan. I like how the mangaka is working out with the techniques. It makes you getting more involved into the fight. The only disadvantage: all the techniques are coming so fast, it's sometimes difficult to know if it's something new you saw or if it's another stage of a regular technique. Anyway, it seems more people from the kyousen are going to attack. I definitely do look forward to the next chapter
    Last edited by Koen; August 17, 2009 at 06:12 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Read Nanatsu no Taizai

Scanlator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Rena Chan's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

From one of the pages in Chapter 13, it seems like there is a good chance that there will be some people joining Gama later. I seriously hope some people from the Ogame School will join him.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Wakka Kool-Aid's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm rather enjoying the content of the series, and not the storyline. I mean, the art is great, and the fights are awesome, it's just that I don't like the idea of this one 14 year old kid being a GOD. I also wish there were some more support characters.

Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Spoiler show

Raws for Chapter 16 are now up - http://mangahelpers.com/m/gamaran/chapters/16/
    Last edited by Rena Chan; September 03, 2009 at 11:21 PM.

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner yasuo's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Wakka Kool-Aid View Post
    I'm rather enjoying the content of the series, and not the storyline. I mean, the art is great, and the fights are awesome, it's just that I don't like the idea of this one 14 year old kid being a GOD. I also wish there were some more support characters.

I wouldn't call him a God ^^

He has his goals and want to achieve them. That's what makes him strong. The only thing he is concentrating on, is to become stronger than his father. If his father is really that strong than he has to become stronger than this, that's for sure. Besides Gama got injured in every fight. A God wouldn't get injurys from those guys.

That he got injurys, shows us that he has to make mistakes to win. Through his mistakes, he learns more about the techniques of his opponent and can come up with some strategies.

Ok, I'm honest he is really strong but I like this. If he is this strong at the beginning of the manga, then we will see just more awesome fights, against stronger opponents.

wow six times the word strong ^^

- yasuo
    Last edited by yasuo; September 04, 2009 at 02:53 AM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner puremadniss's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

this weeks chapter is good.. no ??

finally sum more members of the ogame skool, they may join
    but i have a feeling, that gama might end up fighting them instead of them joining gama

who noes =/

gama continues to show so much potiential

Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Nah, I wouldn't see any reason for those two fighting gama. Not at this moment. My biggest concern is for whom those two will join. Iirc, Gama's father was part of the tournament too, no? So will they join the son or will they join his father/sensei.

I definitely think Gama needs assistance for what may come later on. So I'd rather like to see those two ending up with Gama. Btw, don't forget there's always a play with time. This meeting could have perfectly happened before Gama's last encounter (but I'd highly doubt that). Then again, is Gama far away?
    Read Nanatsu no Taizai

Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

That's funny. The father is missing, isn't he? =S

So they should be helping Gama, not Jinsuke.

Intl Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ju-da-su's Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

...I don't recall that his father joins the fight though...they only say that he's missing...unless something on that line is said in the past 3-4 chapters, since I haven't been keeping up with it much ever since I dropped the translating job... .-.

Little tocs-Coming Soon 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by yasuo View Post

I wouldn't call him a God ^^

He has his goals and want to achieve them. That's what makes him strong. The only thing he is concentrating on, is to become stronger than his father. If his father is really that strong than he has to become stronger than this, that's for sure. Besides Gama got injured in every fight. A God wouldn't get injurys from those guys.

That he got injurys, shows us that he has to make mistakes to win. Through his mistakes, he learns more about the techniques of his opponent and can come up with some strategies.

Ok, I'm honest he is really strong but I like this. If he is this strong at the beginning of the manga, then we will see just more awesome fights, against stronger opponents.

wow six times the word strong ^^

- yasuo
    I totally agree. Right now, he is very strong but I think he has not reached the heights where he is aiming at. Gama is able to handle the opposition in the tournament with much difficulty, nevertheless he is beating them. Just to think, his father is stronger than him, amazing he must be a monster.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner yasuo's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rena Chan View Post
    That's funny. The father is missing, isn't he? =S

So they should be helping Gama, not Jinsuke.

Yes, he is!

Maybe they got informations about gama joining the tournament. Now they want to have "fun" too.

He represents the Ogame fighting style. So they have to join him. Otherwise they could kill him and replace him. But that would definitely be to much for a story ^^

- yasuo

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by thornofcarrion View Post
    I totally agree. Right now, he is very strong but I think he has not reached the heights where he is aiming at. Gama is able to handle the opposition in the tournament with much difficulty, nevertheless he is beating them. Just to think, his father is stronger than him, amazing he must be a monster.

I think it's fairly obvious his father will be the ultimate enemy, that's pretty much the standard for a series like this.

Two things make this stand out for me though:
    One, the combat seems a lot more deadly than in your average shounen.

And two: the techniques have a basis in reality. Most of these series go way overboard with the fantasy stuff, and by the third story arc people are blowing up mountains left and right with techniques conveniently never mentioned before.

Off to a good start, let's hope it stays that way.

New Reply
Page 2 of 53 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast