Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/7/14 - 7/13/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 502 by kewl0210 , Bleach 588 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu Season 2

Translator 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member death4578's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu Season 2

Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody has been aired in Japan !

ALL HAIL HARUHI !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0SahECY18Ms Part 1
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MYNMh57AiE Part 2
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMHikK77vf8 Part 3
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXFnd32egRM The new ending

Is it time for [a.f.k] revival now ?
    Last edited by death4578; May 21, 2009 at 01:57 PM.

Dearly Missed ;__; MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
    Country
    Venezuela
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu Season 2

Hell yeah! More Haruhi, more awesomeness this season! =D
    The holy day for all believers of Haruhiism (and Nagatoism for me <3) has finally come! =D

It was another great episode of Haruhi. No reason to be disappointed with it in any way <3

Well, it looks like a ton of groups are gonna be subbing haruhi s2, anyway, so there's no real need for a.f.k. unless they can get onto a regular schedule. Their releases were great, but they overdid the americanization a fair bit in parts.

I already can't wait for the next non-s1 ep =D

This was one hell of an evil, twisted marketing Kadokawa pulled off -- but if you look through the internets, it worked. It worked tons. =D
    Haruhi has taken over the world again, with a single new ep! =D

Eroge Danchou MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Xophien's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu 2009

I didn't really like the ending's animation to be honest.

But who cares about the small stuff when Haruhi-sama and the others are back! In my eyes, the stupid marketing plan of Kadokawa worked really well, given how haruhiists have been resurrected en masse in a few minutes after the episode started airing. It was an unbelievable stunt that they could only pulled off on that anime and no other. Either way, it's just good to see the whole cast again

PS: I refuse to call it Haruhi s2. That's kinda stupid, considering it's airing in the middle of s1, I rather call the whole Haruhi 2009 >.>

Art by 双瀬 聖

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

I was hoping for a new Hare Hare Yukai or some kind of another dance, but the new ending is not that bad actually, need to see the new opening though to make a choice

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Kravmaga's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Xophien View Post
    I didn't really like the ending's animation to be honest.

But who cares about the small stuff when Haruhi-sama and the others are back! In my eyes, the stupid marketing plan of Kadokawa worked really well, given how haruhiists have been resurrected en masse in a few minutes after the episode started airing. It was an unbelievable stunt that they could only pulled off on that anime and no other. Either way, it's just good to see the whole cast again

PS: I refuse to call it Haruhi s2. That's kinda stupid, considering it's airing in the middle of s1, I rather call the whole Haruhi 2009 >.>
    In the spirit of the celebrations for the renewal of one of the most influential series ever, I'll add my proposition for a suitable nickname to the heap of answers awaiting judgment by the great RNG of the internets:

I'll call it Haruhi extended episodes, or harex in short.
    "Old mangas never die. They just end up as jump square specials." -Kagura Yato

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Venezuela
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh, I know the anime Suzumiya Haruhi.
    So, I have missed something; was it kept secret until it aired?
    I began to watch the first season after I watched the AMV Skittles. During the first episode, I feel it did not look like the AMV I watched. Where is the energy? Where is the girl with yellow ribbons?

Overall, the show is very clever and well executed with great animation. What bugs me though is the lack of reaction of Kyon when Mikuru is harassed by Haruhi. He should defend her! As a true gentleman, I can only condemn his attitude.

A thing that I do not understand is the presentation of the show as one for otakus. OK, the marketing is targeted towards them, but its actual contents can appeal to a broader public.

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Meromorphe View Post
    A thing that I do not understand is the presentation of the show as one for otakus. OK, the marketing is targeted towards them, but its actual contents can appeal to a broader public.
    Because most of the Japanese anime studios don't care about the broader public. The broader public isn't going to pay heaps of money to buy DVDs and goodies, while the otakus most definitely will. The otakus are what make most of the anime market out there live, because they're willing to invest absurd amounts of money in their passion, so what'd be the point of appealing to a broader public and risking losing the otaku market? They can even make the otakus work for them, which is what Kadokawa kinda did with this Haruhi season, since they did almost no promoting whatsoever, and rumors among otaku circles and a few purposely suspicious acts did the rest.

Art by 双瀬 聖

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Venezuela
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Xophien View Post
    Because most of the Japanese anime studios don't care about the broader public. The broader public isn't going to pay heaps of money to buy DVDs and goodies, while the otakus most definitely will. The otakus are what make most of the anime market out there live, because they're willing to invest absurd amounts of money in their passion, so what'd be the point of appealing to a broader public and risking losing the otaku market? They can even make the otakus work for them, which is what Kadokawa kinda did with this Haruhi season, since they did almost no promoting whatsoever, and rumors among otaku circles and a few purposely suspicious acts did the rest.
    Actually, I was referring to how the show is perceived in the press. I read reviews on ANN presenting Haruhi as something only otakus will like. Maybe I am wrong but for me, Haruhi can be appreciated by other audience when a show like Lucky Star can only be appreciated by otakus, but the press keeps presenting Haruhi as something only for otakus.

PS: Actually, if we consider that most of the animes air after midnight and the people watching it are otakus, there is no need to distinguish between shows specifically for otakus and shows for a broader audience (subsidiary question: why does the press do it?)
    Last edited by Meromorphe; May 23, 2009 at 05:01 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Kravmaga's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Meromorphe View Post
    Actually, I was referring to how the show is perceived in the press. I read reviews on ANN presenting Haruhi as something only otakus will like. Maybe I am wrong but for me, Haruhi can be appreciated by other audience when a show like Lucky Star can only be appreciated by otakus, but the press keeps presenting Haruhi as something only for otakus.

PS: Actually, if we consider that most of the animes air after midnight and the people watching it are otakus, there is no need to distinguish between shows specifically for otakus and shows for a broader audience (subsidiary question: why does the press do it?)
    The press like to assert whatever they seem to find at the time they snoop around for a scoop but their words hardly defines their assertions as public notoriety.

There's enough evidence that most of them don't even put any effort into their research at all before publishing their articles. Not that long ago, a student altered a wikipedia page of someone who had just died with bogus information as part of a social experiment to prove this very fact; the next day, multiple major news corporations (including some heavyweights like cnn and abc) had that very same bogus quote in their obituary article.
    "Old mangas never die. They just end up as jump square specials." -Kagura Yato

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

New OP

Weird episode, I didn't think Endless Eight could take more than 1 ep ~~

Dearly Missed ;__; MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
    Country
    Venezuela
    Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if that means that they'll skip v2 completely this season? if they already make endless eight 2 episodes that might be entirely possible.

It was another great, though weird, episode. Though I was a bit put off by the use of all those stills in the bug-hunting part =/

At least this means we'll get 2 episodes of new material in quick succession \o/
    And more Yuki is always good <3

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

YUKI MOEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

I just love this episode, if I hadn't read the novels, I would still be wondering what the hell it was all about since pretty much NOTHING happened xD Yuki was cute all the way, though <3

Art by 双瀬 聖

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

They made Endless Eight at least 3 episodes now, will they just make Season 2 Bamboo Leaf and 10 episodes of Endless Eight ?
    Well, at least there is some fanservice with these yukatas and swimsuits

Puella Magi 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Galth's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Endless endless eight? o_O
    Wow.

Every episode more they spend on Endless Eight (entertaining as it is), means it's getting less likely we'll see the second novel animated...

I remember we were speculating, when Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody aired, on the anime finishing the novels up to the Snowy Mountain Syndrome, but I guess it's not gonna get that far, now. >_>;

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Unless the anime doesn't end with the 28th episode and goes on for longer after that. Everything's possible, now I thought they'd reuse art from the previous episode a lot in this one, and they didn't, so I'm not complaining if we get a third episode of Edless Eight with also new stuff

How fun, though, since in Japan they usually put only three episodes on a dvd, that means they'll be able to fill one with the same episode three times xD

Art by 双瀬 聖

New Reply
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast