Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 515 (2)

View Poll Results: Who wins?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hitsugaya wins

7 19.44%
  • Ulquiorra wins

29 80.56%
New Reply
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Hitsugaya vs Ulquiorra

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Lithuania
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hitsugaya v. Ulquiorra

Those threads amuse me. Why are people reasoning; just look from the point of Kubo. How can The poor Devilman win against The Second Coming of Jesus?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member drakend's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

We should take into account the setting as well: in HM hollows seem to be stronger than in the real world...

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Bolshoi Hui's Avatar
    Country
    Antarctica
    Post Thanks / Like

I just can't imagine Hitsugaya in bankai being on par with Ulquiorra even in his 1st release, that's absolutely impossible, just that speed is not Toushiro's level at all. I daresay unreleased Ulquiorra could've killed Hitsugaya. And Harribel relies mainly on her elemental attacks so far but there must be a reason for her position in Espada.

p.s. wow, 2 voices for Toushiro. Surprised there are any lol
    Last edited by Bolshoi Hui; May 24, 2009 at 07:47 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member drakend's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bolshoi Hui View Post
    I just can't imagine Hitsugaya in bankai being on par with Ulquiorra even in his 1st release, that's absolutely impossible, just that speed is not Toushiro's level at all. I daresay unreleased Ulquiorra could've killed Hitsugaya. And Harribel relies mainly on her elemental attacks so far but there must be a reason for her position in Espada.

p.s. wow, 2 voices for Toushiro. Surprised there are any lol
    Ulquiorra said his strong point was regeneration and not offense: this means the top three Espada are way more powerful than Ulquiorra was (and he was godly already...)
    I think people here is assuming captains are on par with Espada way too fast... they will have a sudden wake up call very soon!

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Bolshoi Hui's Avatar
    Country
    Antarctica
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by drakend View Post
    Ulquiorra said his strong point was regeneration and not offense: this means the top three Espada are way more powerful than Ulquiorra was (and he was godly already...)
    I think people here is assuming captains are on par with Espada way too fast... they will have a sudden wake up call very soon!

It seems to me Ulquiorra was a bit of a shy person lol.
    His swordsmanship, sonido and cero were much more impressive that Harribel's so far but as you said this sudden call is near, 2 weeks I think and #2-3 show us smth unbelievable for captain-kuns ha.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

IMO, Ulq would have owned HitsuGAY without releasing.

Actually, even Grimjoow released can kick the shit out of Hitsugaya. Only reason that Halibel hasn't painted the walls with Hitsugay's Brain is:

1) HitsuGAY has elemental advantage

2) Halibel is still observing him.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Exodi's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bleda View Post
    IMO, Ulq would have owned HitsuGAY without releasing.

Actually, even Grimjoow released can kick the shit out of Hitsugaya. Only reason that Halibel hasn't painted the walls with Hitsugay's Brain is:

1) HitsuGAY has elemental advantage

2) Halibel is still observing him.
    Wow.....is that really necessary........?

Anyway, against Ulquiorra, I believe Hitsugaya would lose. Ulquiorra is a more close-ranged fighter, isn't he? I don't think Hitsugaya would last very long against someone like that.

He and Harribel haven't been fighting at close-range (well...I think they were before Harribel released), plus his control over ice and water gives him some sort of advantage. Not too much, though.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't see how hitsugaya would be able to handle cero oscuras or much more worse lanza del relampago. Without the elemental advantage, I doubt hitsu would last against ulquiorra....

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Forever_Melody's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I think people are misreading Hitsu vs Halibel....

The elemental advantage is only part of the reason he's doing well. The other and IMO equally as important factor is that he's keeping himself at long range. We've seen that Halibel can easily slice Hitsu in half at close/medium range. At long range, his elemental advantage is what allows him to do well. Even Hitsu admitted it, moving into close range against Halibel would mean bad business for him(not directly but he implied it). It's the combination of these 2 elements that are allowing him to stand well. If he was at close enough range, even with his ice, he'd have been dead already.

- If we assume Ulquiorra is as fast and even slightly slower than Halibel, Hitsugaya cannot deal with such speed at close range.

- At long range, Hitsugaya does not have the elemental advantage he does against Halibel. Ulquiorra's long range attacks, unlike Halibel's, have no problem dealing against Hitsu's.

11. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member poobert's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Forever_Melody View Post
    - If we assume Ulquiorra is as fast and even slightly slower than Halibel, Hitsugaya cannot deal with such speed at close range.

- At long range, Hitsugaya does not have the elemental advantage he does against Halibel. Ulquiorra's long range attacks, unlike Halibel's, have no problem dealing against Hitsu's.
    http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/345/15/

Here and the next pages show Uli from the top of the tower come right in front of Ichigo. Ichigo had plenty of distance but Uli still managed to close the distance in a blink of an eye.

I don't think that 'keeping your distance' should prevent Halibel from biting hitsu on the ass. Unless Halibel is just not trying or Hitsu is a lot faster than we thought.

If he is, then he should be able to dodge Uli's long range attacks and maybe even fight close range.

(but I think Halibel not trying at all is a better option)

MH's Funniest Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity digitaldude's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, if the fight took place in Hm hitsugaya would obviously lose, since theres no water there, if it took place outside Hm, in soul society Hitsugaya would have a slight advantage, since Ulquiorra and any other hollow is stronger in Hm than outside it, but that still does not take anything from Ulquiorra`s power, also Ulquiorra can be even more powerful or on the same level as halibel, considering no one knew of his 2nd release and Hitsugaya having no elemental advantage over Ulquiorra. I think that Ulquiorra would beat hitsugaya easy, but I still reserve my judgement until I see hitsugaya`s new main move and his fight with halibel to the end.

14. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Xanathos's Avatar
    Country
    United Arab Emirates
    Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb Re: Hitsugaya v. Ulquiorra

Although I'm not a Hitsugaya fan, I'd have to say Hitsugaya would beat Ulquiorra IF he manages to take down Halibel. People might say that Hitsugaya has an advantage against Halibel, due to the nature of his Zanpaktou, but we must keep in mind that Halibel too has an advantage because of this.

Plus imho, in bleach, the power levels of characters being matched up is usually the factor that determines the outcome of a fight. Lets say, if character A for instance is a lot weaker than character B, despite having an elemental or some other advantage, character A won't be able to overcome character B. Like Byakuya said to Zommari, the difference between you and I is the level.

Other things one should keep in mind when considering this match up:
    Halibels attack power is higher than Ulquiorra, as Ulquiorra himself stated that his strong point was regeneration, which he chose over attack power.

Halibel is the third espada, and 'usually' a higher number means higher reaitsu, higher speed, higher reaction time, higher everything - unless it is explicitly stated that a lower espada has some characteristic in which he surpasses the higher numbered espada. For instance, Zommari had the fastest Sonido, Noitora the strongest hierro etc. However I'm pretty sure Stark for instance will be faster than Espada lower than him in number, with the exception of Zommari. Halibel will have a higher attack power than espada numbered below her, unless some other Espada is stated to have the highest attack power despite a low rank.

Having said all of this, I can understand why people would have a hard time in believing that Hitsugaya could possibly take down Ulquiorra.

It does seem ridiculous, but thats how Kubo t/rolls.
    Last edited by Xanathos; May 25, 2009 at 01:17 PM.

16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity -Ren Boy-'s Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Xanathos View Post
    Although I'm not a Hitsugaya fan, I'd have to say Hitsugaya would beat Ulquiorra IF he manages to take down Halibel. People might say that Hitsugaya has an advantage against Halibel, due to the nature of his Zanpaktou, but we must keep in mind that Halibel too has an advantage because of this.

I know it sounds ridiculous, but thats how Kubo rolls.

that comment did not prove anything
    yh you could say that Halibel has an advantage but not as much as Hitsugaya. Hitsugaya uses ICE(which is made of water, HALIBEL USES WATER)

That comment was just based on assumptions IF hitsugaya wins against Halibel then he could win against Ulquiorra JUST because they a one rank apart
    Silly comment

And why you saying "thats how kubo rolls" :S This is a fantasy match, it is very unlikly for this match to happen, in fact impossible

But the first I've seen to back up Histugaya in this match up
    you got guts lol

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Xanathos's Avatar
    Country
    United Arab Emirates
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Anbu RenBoy View Post

that comment did not prove anything
    yh you could say that Halibel has an advantage but not as much as Hitsugaya. Hitsugaya uses ICE(which is made of water, HALIBEL USES WATER)
    I elaborated on that comment, I think it'll make more sense now. Like I stated after editing my post, that if Hitsugaya was weaker than Halibel, Halibel despite having water based attacks would penetrate through Hitsugayas ice based attacks. I say this because, from what I've observed, in Bleach power levels matter more than elemental or any other types of advantages.

Quote Quote:
    That comment was just based on assumptions IF hitsugaya wins against Halibel then he could win against Ulquiorra JUST because they a one rank apart
    Silly comment
    I don't see anything silly about it. If hitsugaya beats Halibel, IMO he'd be around Halibel or a little lower than her on the power scale. If thats the case he could take down Ulquiorra. If he loses then he is below Halibel on the power scale, and Ulquiorra would most likely take the fight. Until I see the winner of this fight, I cant say for sure who would win in Hitsu Vs Ulq. Until then, it is diffcult (for me at least) to give a definitive answer based on the information we have now about them.

Also there are some dramatic jumps in power just due to a difference of one rank. Just look at how much more powerful released Ulquiorra was than Noitora. So the difference of one rank among the higher espada can make a world of a difference.

Quote Quote:
    And why you saying "thats how kubo rolls" :S This is a fantasy match, it is very unlikly for this match to happen, in fact impossible
    That was a typo, I edited it again. I meant to say t/rolls. It was a joke.

Quote Quote:
    But the first I've seen to back up Histugaya in this match up
    you got guts lol
    I see.
    Last edited by Xanathos; May 25, 2009 at 10:37 AM.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity -Ren Boy-'s Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I elaborated on that comment, I think it'll make more sense now. Like I stated after editing my post, that if Hitsugaya was weaker than Halibel, Halibel despite having water based attacks would penetrate through Hitsugayas ice based attacks. I say this because, from what I've observed, in Bleach power levels matter more than elemental or any other types of advantages.
    Ok good point. But in my opinion it does not matter or that will go against the laws of physics. If Histugaya can control ice and has the STRONGEST ice zanpaktou then IMO opinion he should be able to control any water no matter the power level. He even stated himself he uses water,hence he can use any water even if it is used to attack him

I don't see anything silly about it. If hitsugaya beats Halibel, IMO he'd be around Halibel or a little lower than her on the power scale. If thats the case he could take down Ulquiorra. If he loses then he is below Halibel on the power scale, and Ulquiorra would most likely take the fight. Until I see the winner of this fight, I cant say for sure who would win in Hitsu Vs Ulq. Until then, it is diffcult (for me at least) to give a definitive answer based on the information we have now about them.
    You just contridicted yourself because firstly you said "in bleach power levels mean more" So if Histugaya is a bit behind him in power level what makes you think he cant control Halibels water. so now you assuming that if Histugaya defeats Halibel he has an instant win over Ulquiorra. NO it don't work like that, like many people have said the only read Histugay has Standed his ground is beacause of the elemental adavantage over Halibel and Histugaya has kept his ground. Histugaya wont have that advantage over Ulquiorra so he is F@#%ed because most stuff shown by Ulquiorra has been cero and energy stuff

Also there are some dramatic jumps in power just due to a difference of one rank. Just look at how much more powerful released Ulquiorra was than Noitora. So the difference of one rank among the higher espada can make a world of a difference.
    So just because it happened between Ulquiorra and Nnoitora does it imply there is a huge gap between Halibel and Ulquiorra?

Histugaya loses need I say more?

New Reply
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast