Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: Who wins?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Gin and Urahara with ease

6 24.00%
  • Gin and Urahara with difficulty

10 40.00%
  • Shunsui and Ukitake with ease

2 8.00%
  • Shunsui and Ukitake with difficulty

5 20.00%
  • Draw

2 8.00%
New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Gin and Urahara vs Shunsui and Ukitake

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Gin and Urahara vs Shunsui and Ukitake

What the title says

Let's see how the geniuses fare against the legendary seniors, who as a pair were said to be unrivaled, by Yama himself!

Rules: One team doesn't know any of the other team's abilities, with the exception of Gin's Shikai. Mr Hat n Clogs can use his portable Gigai but not the Reiatsu cuffs.

I'm not going to go into too much detail on this for the moment - I'm glad though that Ukitake will have a chance to actually use his Shikai special ability, due to Urahara's energy attacks / frequent Kido use. It should hopefully be an interesting fight though, so feel free to post your opinions on who will win

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Crystal Black's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gin and Urahara vs Shunsui and Ukitake

I believe Gin and Urahara should win this, not with ease though. They will have difficulties either way. Ukitake just seems like the type that would engage Urahara while shunsui fights Gin imo. The scientific genius and the prodigy should grasp on to their opponents abilites much quicker. The experience clearly belongs to the Senior duo though. I just can't see Ukitake surviving long against either combatants. There's just to many obsticles for him to bypass. He could at the very least hold his own in pure zanjutsu skill like most other high level captains(characters should). Shunsui should and could give either of them a good match, but alone, he stands no chance. Irooni willbe absolutely 50/50 here it just comes down to stronger skill and better tactics. Urahara has Shunsui beat in tactics. I do believe he could somehow defeat Gin in that though, but against his bankai, it's way too risky. In fact he would lose pending on Gin's movements.

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Takahashi's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

This is an odd matchup. Shunsui and Ukitake are a popular team, and Urahara is almost always against Shunsui, but Gin seems like an interesting choice for Urahara's partner. I'm not sure how well the teamwork would be, Gin never seemed like the type that was all that great with collaboration.

At any rate, Urahara and Gin should win with difficulty.

I'd LIKE to say that Ukitake's ability will help a lot, but I honestly don't think it would. Ukitake is severely lacking in feats, and has far from impressive showings. Yet because he's praised for being part of the ultimate combo team, he's often included with anything regarding Shunsui. I don't think he's given us enough of a reason to consider him a game changer, hopefully after the time skip he'll have his tuberculosis fixed, and we'll get to see the reason he's been hyped.

For me, it comes down to the fact that Urahara has a slight advantage over Shunsui, and Gin, the only guy with a usable Bankai here, is on the Urahara team. There's no proof to say Ukitake could beat Gin or Urahara based on feats alone. So Urahara slightly beats Shunsui, and Gin beats Ukitake. Ukitake's still a captain, so he won't go down easy, but he will eventually.

It's weird, I'm not sure WHY Kubo felt the need to cripple Ukitake like that, because so far, it's served no purpose other than a joke label of "Captain Tuberculosis".

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member cracker's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah this is a good match-up, kudos. I'm incline to bandwagon on the Gin and Urahara boat. Honestly Shunsui is the only really threat on his team and as long as he's distracted by say, Urahara I'm pretty sure that with access to bankai Gin can take Ukitake.

After which Gin can help Urahara tag team Shunsui for overkill, since I'm of the notion that from the feats displayed so far Urahara could beat Shunsui, shikai vs shikai, more often than not.
    Last edited by cracker; May 08, 2011 at 02:29 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Ichigo was enough to handle Gin in Bankai, how wouldn't Juushiro, and anything benihime shoots- soguyo no kotowari just sends right back. Shunsui will handle Gin. Juushiro will fend off Urahara untill Gin is down then its game over for mr. kisuke.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Takahashi's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by freshseth83 View Post
    Ichigo was enough to handle Gin in Bankai, how wouldn't Juushiro, and anything benihime shoots- soguyo no kotowari just sends right back. Shunsui will handle Gin. Juushiro will fend off Urahara untill Gin is down then its game over for mr. kisuke.
    Ichigo wasn't even close to handling Gin, what are you talking about?

http://www.mangareader.net/94-51822-...apter-404.html

Doesn't look like a guy that's even trying to me.

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Takahashi View Post
    I'm not sure how well the teamwork would be, Gin never seemed like the type that was all that great with collaboration.
    If you think how dangerous Tousen and Gin would be it shows that Gin is a good partner for teams he a range and very very dangerous in cqc. urahara has the kido and versatile shikai

they are a great team but im avoiding this thread soon as see the word shunsui as it just goes round in circles and you cant even make something up for ukitake who crowning glory in the manga is throwing around lilynette

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, it's pretty obvious Gin had no intention of killing Ichigo. Ichigo just about managed to dodge Gin's Bankai when given fair warning, but when you consider the numerous times Ichigo wasn't even concentrating on the fight, it's pretty evident that Gin didn't want him dead. Ichigo gave him countless openings, yet he took advantage of none of them - he was even kind enough to introduce Ichigo to his Bankai by way of slicing up a few buildings and attacking Ichigo with a slash.

He needed an excuse to have his Bankai activated for when he attacked Aizen, and fighting Ichigo worked prefectly for this. I would imagine that he also was attempting to gauge Ichigo's strength. Anyway, I don't believe Ukitake would have much of a chance against Gin. I feel that Ukitake would do better attempting to hold off Urahara while Shunsui fought Gin. Shunsui vs Gin could go either way (I'm inclined to bet on Gin, but I know others feel differently), so if Ukitake can last long enough against Urahara, he and Shunsui could win, but I would put my money on Gin and Urahara.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Like Ichigo was trying too, right? We can go there if you want. "Scary, scary" Weren't those the words Gin used when speaking of Ichigo? I think they were. You wanna compare him with his weak resolve still handling Gin to Shunsui, or even a healthy Juushiro? Urahara gets so much praise in these forums for a weird reason. He's defeated no one, got his benihime smacked by sealed Ulquiorra, used cuffs that are at best a last resort when and if you can catch your opponent with kido, which is absorbed and redirected by Juushiro. I don't see Gin and Urahara winning here.

Quote Originally Posted by Hystzen View Post
    If you think how dangerous Tousen and Gin would be it shows that Gin is a good partner for teams he a range and very very dangerous in cqc. urahara has the kido and versatile shikai

they are a great team but im avoiding this thread soon as see the word shunsui as it just goes round in circles and you cant even make something up for ukitake who crowning glory in the manga is throwing around lilynette
    He sat there while her feeble attempts were brushed aside. Starrk had cero metralleta absorbed and redirected by him. He's kept up with Shunsui who has kept up with Starrk, they're teamwork has been noted by Yama to go together better than any in SS. They're the only two who have trained grew up fought studied etc. together... yet they'll lose to Gin and Urahara? I don't see that happening.
    Last edited by freshseth83; May 09, 2011 at 05:08 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Like Ichigo was trying too, right? We can go there if you want. "Scary, scary" Weren't those the words Gin used when speaking of Ichigo? I think they were. You wanna compare him with his weak resolve still handling Gin to Shunsui, or even a healthy Juushiro? Urahara gets so much praise in these forums for a weird reason. He's defeated no one, got his benihime smacked by sealed Ulquiorra, used cuffs that are at best a last resort when and if you can catch your opponent with kido, which is absorbed and redirected by Juushiro. I don't see Gin and Urahara winning here.
    <hr noshade size="1">
    You're relying on Gin saying "Scary scary" as proof that Ichigo was a threat to him in that fight? Gin doesn't exactly have a serious persona, and if he was truly concerned about Ichigo defeating him he would have made it somewhat more obvious that saying "Scary scary". Fact is, it's pretty evident that Gin had no intention of killing Ichigo, and didn't feel remotely threatened by him.

Sure Ulquiorra deflected one of Benihime's abilities, one which he deliberately made as powerful as Yammy's Cero. He speed trained with Yoruichi, and was able to attatch the Reiatsu cuffs without Aizen noticing - a testament to his speed, he is obviously extremely adept at Kido, and has one of the most versatile Shikais around. He also learned Bankai extremely quickly through a method he devised himself, which brings me to his most important attribute - his intellect. He is confirmed to be the most intelligent character in Bleach, which has been made evident by his inventions and the speed with which he analyzes his opponents. So yeah, I'd say Urahara lives up to his hype

14. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Ukitake in a healthy state could likely take out Gin in an all out battle, bankai vs bankai. But we haven't seen that bankai...Gin has access to his, all things concerns, Gin wins.
    Last edited by cracker; May 09, 2011 at 05:50 PM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Where do you get 'relying' from? Don't put words in my mouth, please. You're trying to say Gin is somehow a match for either one of these 2, but you're giving no examples. So let me gauge the level of Urahara, he takes on SEALED Ulquiorra and SEALED Yammi, WITH HELP from Yoruichi, yet still does little? Oh yeah, he made his benihime LIKE A CERO! So, Juushiro, the guy WHO ABSORBS CERO, should have little trouble with Urahara. Then the guy that admits Ichigo was scary and even Impressed him back in SS is now a match for Shunsui? LOL I see the logic here now, /sarcasm.

Then we have Gin in bankai who lied about it's speed and distance, not able to hit Ichigo with it, by the way, and failing to kill hiyori as well, not to mention failing to kill Aizen also. He's being overrated here as well.
    Last edited by freshseth83; May 09, 2011 at 05:44 PM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

You can't fault him for Hiyori thing. You can't say it was from a lack of trying, that was mostly on Kubo. No "good" character died in FKT fight.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Where do you get 'relying' from? Don't put words in my mouth, please. You're trying to say Gin is somehow a match for either one of these 2, but you're giving no examples. So let me gauge the level of Urahara, he takes on SEALED Ulquiorra and SEALED Yammi, WITH HELP from Yoruichi, yet still does little? Oh yeah, he made his benihime LIKE A CERO! So, Juushiro, the guy WHO ABSORBS CERO, should have little trouble with Urahara. Then the guy that admits Ichigo was scary and even Impressed him back in SS is now a match for Shunsui? LOL I see the logic here now, /sarcasm.

Then we have Gin in bankai who lied about it's speed and distance, not able to hit Ichigo with it, by the way, and failing to kill hiyori as well, not to mention failing to kill Aizen also. He's being overrated here as well.
    Ukitake has shown no speed feats - and has in fact had a poor showing in this category due to getting blitzed by WW. So who is to say he can dodge Kamishininoyari at all? Gin did not try in either of his fights - he was toying with his opponents. Gin being relaxed about fighting Hitsugaya or Ichigo beats Ukitake being relaxed about fighting Lilynette any day. Whether Gin was "impressed" by Ichigo or not is meaningless. "Impressed" does not mean that he considered him on the same level. Shunsui was "impressed" by Chad's final attack back in SS.

I said in my OP that Ukitake has an ability which works well against Urahara - this is why I liked this match up. However, Urahara has more to him than just that attack, and is imo at least Ukitake's equal in base, without the handicap of suffering from an unpredictable illness which can greatly affect Ukitake's performance. And yes, I think that Gin in Bankai is probably more than a match for Shunsui in Shikai. If it was Shikai vs Shikai, Shunsui would win pretty fast, due to having the much better Shikai. But Gin, who has arguably the best Bankai shown so far, and imo base abilities which aren't too far removed from Shunsui's, would defeat Shunsui more often than not when fighting Bankai vs Shikai.

Gin used his Shikai on Hiyori, which everyone admits isn't particularly good, and I doubt he really wanted to kill her anyway. He probably didn't care too much either way imo. He did hit Ichigo with it, but as has already been said countless times in other topics, he had no intention of killing him. You're using failing to kill Aizen as an argument against Gin? His attempt was significantly more impressive than Shunsui's anyway.
    Last edited by ShootToKill; May 09, 2011 at 06:18 PM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think he viewed Hiyori as collateral damage, seriously, its hard to take someone lopping someone in two as not trying to kill them.

New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast