Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)

View Poll Results: Who wins?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hitsugaya wins

7 19.44%
  • Ulquiorra wins

29 80.56%
New Reply
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Hitsugaya vs Ulquiorra

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Xanathos's Avatar
    Country
    United Arab Emirates
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hitsugaya v. Ulquiorra

Quote Originally Posted by Anbu RenBoy View Post
    Ok good point. But in my opinion it does not matter or that will go against the laws of physics. If Histugaya can control ice and has the STRONGEST ice zanpaktou then IMO opinion he should be able to control any water no matter the power level. He even stated himself he uses water,hence he can use any water even if it is used to attack him
    Well I guess its pointless to argue this any further, since we both are basing the conclusion of this fight on our opinions. IMO if hitsugaya is a lot weaker than Halibel he just wont be able to deal with her water based attacks despite having a zanpaktou that turns water to ice. While you believe that his zanpaktou allows him to do this despite him being at a much lower level.

I think the reason behind Hitsugayas Zanpaktou being the strongest ice based zanpaktou is because his own level is pretty high. I'm sure if Rukia for instance surpasses him in power, her zanpaktou would also surpass his zanpaktou, replacing it as the strongest ice based zanpaktou. In short you can't be at a crappy level and have the strongest <insert element> based Zanpaktou! So Hitsugayas strong Zanpaktou is IMO testament to his own power level.

Quote Quote:
    You just contridicted yourself because firstly you said "in bleach power levels mean more" So if Histugaya is a bit behind him in power level what makes you think he cant control Halibels water.
    I didn't contradict myself, but yes I need to elaborate on this point. IMO the power level is the first factor that needs to be looked at when deciding the winner of any match up in bleach. However it is not the only factor. That is why I very clearly stated, power levels are of more importance.

If hitsugaya is a little below Halibel in terms of power (for instance around Ulquiorras level), he could still pull off a victory because of the ability of his zanpaktou. Keep in mind, I said provided he is around her level or a little lower. This I believe is the case, Hitsugaya is a little lower than Halibel in terms of power, the difference is not significant enough to allow Halibel to break through his ice defences.

A good example of an ice based zanpaktou that wouldn't be able to hold out against Halibels water attacks is Rukias zanpaktou. Even if Rukia could freeze water attacks, theres no way she'd be able to hold out against Halibels attacks, because the strength gap is just too big.

Quote Quote:
    so now you assuming that if Histugaya defeats Halibel he has an instant win over Ulquiorra. NO it don't work like that, like many people have said the only read Histugay has Standed his ground is beacause of the elemental adavantage over Halibel and Histugaya has kept his ground. Histugaya wont have that advantage over Ulquiorra so he is F@#%ed because most stuff shown by Ulquiorra has been cero and energy stuff
    You are correct in saying that Hitsugaya would have more trouble with Ulquiorra, because he loses the advantage he has against Halibel, but I do believe that he could beat Ulquiorra. Reason - He isn't as low on the power scaling as we were led to believe. There is just no way an Ice Zanpaktou user around Luppis, Grimjaws or Noitoras level of power could possibly face the third Espada!

The gap in strength between the 6th & 5th Espada in comparison to Ulquiorra was just too huge, and this gap even gets bigger when they are compared to Halibel. If Hitsugaya was that much weaker than Ulquiorra he would have absolutely no chance against Halibel, his Zanpaktou would bee too weak to fend off her attacks. I doubt his ability of turning water to ice, would be of any use.

Also, correct me if I'm mistaken but didn't Hitsugaya just deal with Halibels cero which was shown to be powerful enough to bust a building?? I usually skim through the bleach manga pretty quickly, so I'm not very sure about this.:P Anyway the point is, Ulquiorra himself said his attack power isn't as great as the Espada above him, considering the fact that Hitsugaya managed to deal with Halibels cero, I'm sure he'd manage against Ulquiorras too.

Quote Quote:
    So just because it happened between Ulquiorra and Nnoitora does it imply there is a huge gap between Halibel and Ulquiorra?

Histugaya loses need I say more?
    Well, the gap between Ulquiorra and Halibel might not be that big, but that still puts Halibel on a whole new league when compared to the Noitora, Grimjaww etc. I cant see Hitsugaya being at their level and fending off a released Halibels attacks, despite having an advantage due to his zanpaktou.
    Last edited by Xanathos; May 25, 2009 at 06:16 PM.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Raizen's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It is hilarious how people made this thread after the seemingly defeat of halibel.
    The thing is u can;t compare halibel with ulqui
    Ulqui is a speed fighter, fast and can use powerful projectiles
    Halibel is brute force powerful, speed okay.

The reason hitsu is doing well against halibel is b.c he figured out how to avoid her, after seeing her ability with the ice mirror. He has been keeping a far distance. Not to mention he has the ability to negate her projectile while she can negate his

If hitsu were to fight ulqui, most of the time I see him losing b/c he can't escape ulqui as easily as he escaped halibel. But hitsu is not weak as everyone here believes. His zanpaktou definitely has some crazy moves. He has many surprises for us. I don'

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ozehro's Avatar
    Country
    New Zealand
    Post Thanks / Like

this is tough for Hitsu. he doesn't get the elemental advantage and that means
    he has to face Ulq the standard way. matching impact with impact and speed with
    speed. Ichigo who is a speed freak in bankai and who has a mask couldn't
    even scratch Ulq in first release.

so I think Hitsu would lose to Ulq's first release! he's slower,weaker and has less range in his attacks! oscuras is a beam of light after all.

*Predictions:*
    |Ulquiorra was the only VL under Aizen|
    |Aizen is not the last villain in Bleach|
    |Use the espada sig and Credit Geoff|

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Let's put it this way. Ichigo in bankai w/o his mask couldn't even keep up unreleased Ulqui's speed, and Ichigo's bankai is mainly speed, so Ichigo, one of the speediest characters, needs bankai and the mask to keep up with ulqui, oh, and he needs to use his mask to block Ulqui's cero. Seems pretty clear to me, Ulquiora is both strong and fast, and his attacks don't have anything to do with water. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if Ulqui managed to pull off a win against Hitsu unreleased just due to his speed and power. Do remember that Ulqui was able to take a Black GT with his bare hands from Ichigo w/ vizard mask in their first skirmish, and then blow him away with his own cero, all of which, unreleased and w/o even drawing his sword.

Also, I don't even think the battles with Barragan and Halibel are finished, simply isn't Kubo's style, to give one side a highlight of their ultimate powers (ice from the heavens that kills you when the flowers bloom, or a one shot super bankai bazooka) and not let the otehr side retaliate.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

well if we exclude one factor from this confrontation, that would be fankai, ulqui would shred hitsuGAYa even worse than he did bankai vizard ichigo. what would he do against dark cero? or nuke spears?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Hitsug@ya ta1ch0u's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hitsugaya beats R1 Ulquiorra similarly to how he defeated Halibel. R2 Ulquiorra will mess his day up.
    R1 Ulq cannot spam Cero Oscuras, and his lance is rather lacking in power. If Hitsugaya is smart he can use Hyōten Hyakkasō or Sennen Hyrou with the power of Tensō Jūrin. R2 Ulquiorra is still beyond him however. I have no doubt Lanza De Relampago can break even Hyoten Hyakkaso. Not to mention he can perform Cero Oscuras instantaneously. He can spam it.
    http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/358/02/
    This will not protect him against Lanza or multiple Cero Oscurases. He dies once Ulq goes R2. He handles R1 Moderate-High Difficulty.
    Last edited by Hitsug@ya ta1ch0u; June 10, 2009 at 09:09 PM.
    Shodai Mizukage-dono

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Raizen's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hitsug@ya ta1ch0u View Post
    Hitsugaya beats R1 Ulquiorra similarly to how he defeated Halibel. R2 Ulquiorra will mess his day up.
    R1 Ulq cannot spam Cero Oscuras, and his lance is rather lacking in power. If Hitsugaya is smart he can use Hyōten Hyakkasō or Sennen Hyrou with the power of Tensō Jūrin. Especially considering Hitsugaya isn't very far away from Shunsui in power. R2 Ulquiorra is still beyond him however. I have no doubt Lanza De Relampago can break even Hyoten Hyakkaso. Not to mention he can perform Cero Oscuras instantaneously. He can spam it.
    This will not protect him against Lanza or multiple Cero Oscurases. He dies once Ulq goes R2. He handles R1 Moderate-High Difficulty.
    I agree with ur post somewhat but I wanted to say something
    1- he is not close to shunsui in terms of power
    2- That is a spoiler, i suggest u edit it so or not mods will own u lol

Country
    New Zealand
    Post Thanks / Like

R1 Ulq cannot spam Cero Oscuras, and his lance is rather lacking in power. If Hitsugaya is smart he can use Hyōten Hyakkasō or Sennen Hyrou with the power of Tensō Jūrin. Especially considering Hitsugaya isn't very far away from Shunsui in power. R2 Ulquiorra is still beyond him however. I have no doubt Lanza De Relampago can break even Hyoten Hyakkaso. Not to mention he can perform Cero Oscuras instantaneously. He can spam it.
    the thing is that Ulq is ultra fast. and his main attack is a beam of energy. a beam of energy travels faster than a shard of ice. so Hitsu has to match that speed in order to survive. which I doubt he can since not even vaizard ichigo could...

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Hitsug@ya ta1ch0u's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozehro View Post
    the thing is that Ulq is ultra fast. and his main attack is a beam of energy. a beam of energy travels faster than a shard of ice. so Hitsu has to match that speed in order to survive. which I doubt he can since not even vaizard ichigo could...
    Hm, not so sure about that. He doesn't shoot energy beams, he can throw his lance. But it has little-no feats. I doubt Ulquiorra is faster that Released Halibel at R1 (powerscaling). Hitsugaya managed to keep his distance with Halibel pretty easily.
    But if he tries to engage Ulq in close quarters this'll happen.
    http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/355/18/
    I still say that Ulq takes it but he'll need R2.
    Shodai Mizukage-dono

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member First Supervillain's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

#1. Ulquiorra with TRUE DESPAIR with end it in under 1.0 seconds.
    #2. Ulquiora with R1 would win only because he's smarter than Halibel and wouldn't wait for Hitsugaya to summon a Snow Storms of Death! Seriously, he was just point his sword up into the sky, saying "this technique will destroy you". You know what I'd do? I'd rush him, Kenpachi style and then when he was trying to fight back say "The time you are most vulnerable is during your best attack, don't you remember little bishy captain-chan" Then again, Halibel turned to fight YAMMATO after she though she beat Hitsugaya! What the hell was she thinking? I just beat a guy who is probably the 5th strongest Captain of the Gotei 13 and now I want to fight the #1. Wow, thats a fantastic idea

Seriously, Ulq would do this, Cero oscuras + Close range lance weak version and instanteous regen. If Toshiro froze his arm he would cut it off and grow back a new one. That would be a fight to remember but with a guaranteed outcome. Ulq would stab Hitsugaya through the chest and then we would have the HITSUGAYINATOR!!!!!!!!
    "I see the cup as halfway to the next"
    "I take pride in being proud"

Only Kubo would create - An autistic Arrancar
    Predicted that the 'Menos Gigante' from chapter 178 would reappear and was important!

12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    New Zealand
    Post Thanks / Like

Hm, not so sure about that. He doesn't shoot energy beams, he can throw his lance. But it has little-no feats. I doubt Ulquiorra is faster that Released Halibel at R1 (powerscaling). Hitsugaya managed to keep his distance with Halibel pretty easily.
    But if he tries to engage Ulq in close quarters this'll happen.
    http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/355/18/
    I still say that Ulq takes it but he'll need R2.
    cero oscuras is a beam of energy isn't it? or are you saying that this
    cero would travel slower than a wave of ice? surely not.
    also compared to vaizard ichigo, Ulq in R1 was much much faster.
    so I'm sure he has the speed to evade an ice attack.
    in which case Hitsu has to match ulq directly in order to win.
    and Hitsu doesn't have the speed nor the strength to accomplish that.
    The way I see harribel, I think she only got the higher rank because
    she can manipulate an element. but in other areas she looks weaker than
    ulq.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Okay, Hitsug@ya Ta1ch0u.

Hitsu hasn't shown us any speed feats to suggest he is even remotely as fast as Bankai ichigo, much less vizard bankai ichigo, much less Primera Etapa Ulqui, and much much much less Segunda Etapa Ulquiora. I mean, this seems like an easy one to me with just speed alone. THink about Halibel's ONLY successful attack on Hitsu, it was a fast, strong physical attack while she was unreleased IIRC, unfortunately it was just an Ice Mirror, but we know what the results would have been if the ice mirror wasn't there. Ulquiora could probably do that in primera etapa, maybe not as strong, but probably faster, knowing that Ulqui was fast enough in primera etapa to completely outclass vizard bankai ichigo.

Secondly, Ulquiora never used Lanza de Relampagos in primera etapa IIRC, so we don't know whether he can do it, much less if he can do it rapid fire or not. Plus, what suggests that he can fire out cero oscuras all the time in primera etapa? Too many assumptions.

I don't really see how he can defend against cero oscuras or just Ulqui's speed in primera etapa resureccion. We havn't seen Hitsu to be particularly speed, nor his attacks for that matter. The only thing he can hope for to get by primera etapa is his ice mirror, use the ice mirror as a diversion, when Ulqui strikes, Hitsu might be able to get a lucky strike in on Ulqui, convincing Ulqui to go to segunda etapa.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Aikidoka's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

If Ulquiorra uses his atomic-bomb Cero thing, then it doesn't matter how smart or fast or cool Hitsugaya is, he's dead.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member drakend's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

The strange thing is that Ulquiorra seems much stronger than Barragan and Halibel, while it should be the opposite. There are two explanations:
    1) Ulquiorra is Aizen's trump card and the strongest of them all.
    2) We haven't seen nothing of the top three Espada.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by drakend View Post
    The strange thing is that Ulquiorra seems much stronger than Barragan and Halibel, while it should be the opposite. There are two explanations:
    1) Ulquiorra is Aizen's trump card and the strongest of them all.
    2) We haven't seen nothing of the top three Espada.
    The thing that makes ulquiorra seem so powerful is segunda etapa though. What he did in resurreccion didn't really make him seem on par with the top 3 espada.

18. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast