Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 489 by kewl0210 , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: TRC Colorings & Fanart Thread

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member ZaCloud's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

TRC Colorings & Fanart Thread

Note: There is also a Manga Art section where you can go to find fan art for this manga and any other manga.

PirateFiend: Awesome coloring! Just gorgeous! Great hues, nice color balance, and the style seems to fit CLAMP's lines oh so well! ^_^

If you do want more definition to Syaoran's hair as you said, the key is always shadows n highlights. If you don't want to assume too many shadows though, then go for just the highlights. Though it's still already awesome as it is.

And thanks earlier for the defense of R!Syaoran. I, like most, love ALL the characters in their own ways (Except... well, FWR, I LOVE to HATE him ). You did well reaffirming what I respect about R!Syaoran.

I love the subtlety CLAMP uses in relationships. I definitely could do with straightforwardness for the R!pair for once though, after all they've been through, but I'll take what is given. It just MUST happen though. They've ALL fought too hard for there not to be a beautiful resolution. I hope everyone comes through.
    Last edited by Tsukisama; March 14, 2010 at 03:02 AM.
    Hyuu Hyuuuu~!

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member PrincessSakura67's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Chapter 221 Confession/R!SxS Confession To Come?

@PirateFiend-I love your manga coloring. It's just awesome and I, too am a PS manga coloring fan too ^^ Although, I color it for my rp character. I use Sakura's appearance but make her my own character by coloring her in blue and leaving the black outline of her dress and I just use the rp name I've always used: Megumi. The avatar I have is also something I colored myself. Here are some manga scans I've colored for my rp character:

One

Two

Three

I'm starting to learn about higlights and shadows but for now just sticking with this style since I think the colors come out pretty good anyway but would love to start coloring them with higlights as well.

Anyway, um..yeah! xD R!Syaoran's awesome. Why do so many people hate him? I want to hug him after all the stuff that people have said bad-mouthing him in past threads >< Maybe he did change things and that's maybe why Fai and Kurogane had horrible pasts but even so, why would he just let the girl he loves die? Why wouldn't you attempt to save her? If that was Princess Tomoyo, I'm sure Kurogane would cut the person down that was going to kill her or do anything to save her so no one should be talking about R!Syaoran doing what he did. I mean geez if it wasn't for R!Syaoran, C!Syaoran wouldn't even exist because that stupid bastard FWR made a copy of him. But then again I love C!Syaoran and I don't want to view it like that even though it's true cuz he is "Awesomeness" xp
    Last edited by PrincessSakura67; May 22, 2009 at 08:59 AM.

"Even if that is true, if what you have done is sin, then I want to bear that sin as well. If I am punished sometime because of that, that's fine. I want to live with you.

I love you."

-C!Sakura[trc]

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ShirubiaLamperouge's Avatar
    Country
    New Zealand
    Post Thanks / Like

Meh seeing as other people are throwing in their coloured pics, I'll put in mine. I kinda messed around with it photoshop filtering things (particularly for the background).

It's a little messy around the edges, but I've been going around with a size 1 eraser for about an hour now and I"m well nd truly sick of it. Besides the filters make it better.

I like the way sakura's hair turned out.

RIP Mopsy, my adorable, psychotic, half blind and overall quite epically seishirou-esque rabbit.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member PirateFiend's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Sweet! I love the rendered background!

And SS, who says we can't keep talking after this is over? I talk with my Pirates pals ALL the time, and there hasn't been a movie in 2 years!
    "No cause is lost if there is but one fool left to fight for it."
    "The heart may be weak. And sometimes, it may even give in.
    But... deep down, there's a light that never goes out
    ."

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member PrincessSakura67's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

TRC Manga Colorings Thread! :D

Yays! Okay. Yeah I decided to start one like i said xD Couldn't help it. Starting new threads is so much fun. Yet I've only started like....2.

So come heah and start sharing your Tsubasa manga colorings!

It doesn't really matter what program you used. We can compare programs and see who colors what certain ways. Still at school so I can't share mine til' friday ^^;

"Even if that is true, if what you have done is sin, then I want to bear that sin as well. If I am punished sometime because of that, that's fine. I want to live with you.

I love you."

-C!Sakura[trc]

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Silversakura's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: TRC Manga Colorings Thread! :D

Ohh. I want a spot in this right now. I'm coloring something in right now for our 'celebration'...but as soon as I'm done, I'll post it here.

GIMP can only take you so far you know. I watched a tutorial, so I think everyone will love my new attempt. Problem is, bucketing can only take you so far, and I had to edit quite a bit and draw in Sakura's dress myself for one part. Also, I'm at the point where the pixels, each small one, have to be colored in hand by hand and it is ridculous!

I am almost done though. I have skin tones and Syaoran's hair left.

I'll be your Sakura if you'll be my Syaoran.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Lady Sakura-chan's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Is it a computer-program you use when coloring manga pictures? Can somebody explain to me what what that is?
    Tsubasa-supporters of the world unite!!!

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Of course. Basically, its a buncha us who have been coloring in some of the manga scans. Not as good as when CLAMP does it but still. xD

If you take a look in the Real SyaoranxSakura confession thread, some of us have posted ours there.

Anyways, its any picture editing program (paint -I imagine it would be very hard-, GIMP -what I use and is free to download- or Photoshop) and you basically color them in using paints. Some people get really into it and I'm not nearly as good. Here, let me post a quick one.

Tomoyo and Sakura, from some part of the manga. xD Excuse me if its bad, it was my very first one. Thing is, its hard to do after a bit because you have to go piece by piece and color in small pictures that don't make it when you bucket. Good thing though, it helps ease the impatience of waiting for a new chapter. xD

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

But I think we can count manual colorings too. Methods of color pencil, marker, etc.

Here's my first attempt. I made it in anticipation of Shunraiki:

Tis clickable. Now that I see it, I want to go back and highlight and shadow their hair, but that might not happen. In any case, I'm quite proud of it, for my first try. And it makes me happy because it has both Syaorans in all their awesome Shounen glory.

And that's a fun avi, SS! You're so patient. I would never bucket. I try one bucket load and go, "Kay, no thanks."

ETA: An "artist" shouldn't have to speak for themselves, but I just couldn't resist this time. I wanted to make a comment on my choice of color for the background. I chose them because I liked that purple color I chose for the R!Syaoran panel. But then it was TOO purple, to me. And C!Syaoran's tassel was purple, and it wouldn't... it wouldn't work, visually. So I came up with the idea to have the Syaoran's background be the color of his opposing Syaoran's tassel. Thus, it goes: C!Syaoran with purple tassle, ruby background; R!Syaoran with red tassel, violet background.

And that's why I gave them different background colors.

(Steps away.)
    Last edited by PirateFiend; May 26, 2009 at 08:32 PM.
    ."

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Wait, so if you don't bucket, what do you do?

Regardless, I'm loving what you did there. You have mad skills. XD

In other news, I just have to take my finished project, put it up on the background in a way I'mhappy with, and I'll be posting it tomorrow night.

Look forward to it. For once, I'm wicked proud of it. I'll post my favorite parts and leasts about it then. xD

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, what drives me nuts with bucketing is that you color an area, and it gets MOST of it, but there's plenty that doesn't get colored, because the colors aren't really uniform. And I don't want to disrupt those sutble variants anyway. Um, what I do instead... I'll take some screen shots and show you.
    ."

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ShirubiaLamperouge's Avatar
    Country
    New Zealand
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't bucket, I do like a gazillion layers. So bucketing doesn't actually work. And THEN I go and spaz over all the little barely visible dots that show up. I get REALLY perfectionist about it.

Oh and btw, when It's finished I will post my science homework comic. It's... Er... Vaguely relevant to the current discussions in the chapter thread. DNA!!!

And, unless I decide to colour it, it's done entirely by hand. Because even though I have a tablet, I just can't draw on computers.

RIP Mopsy, my adorable, psychotic, half blind and overall quite epically seishirou-esque rabbit.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Lady Sakura-chan's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Then I can use paint if I just whats to play around with the colours?
    Tsubasa-supporters of the world unite!!!

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh def, LadySakura.

Just play with them on paint. It will be cool to see what you can come up with, you know.

I on the other hand have maybe an hour left to put into mine and I will be starting the new one PirateFiend thankfully linked for me.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Sure! My sister uses paint all the time to color Bleach stuff.

And I'm so excited to see your project, SS!

Also yours, Shirubia. DNA... This bound to be interesting.
    ."

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast