Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: How do you think they'll censor the remaining revealing Halibel scenes in the anime?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

How do you think they'll censor the remaining revealing Halibel scenes in the anime?

Things like the reveal of Halibel's tattoo, the bone breast plates when she takes her jacket off, and strips of bone over her breasts in her released form. I'm curious to hear how you guys all think they'll censor things like these in the anime. For instance, for the tattoo, will they move it somewhere else? Will they skip over the reveal alltogether? Will they remain faithful to the manga for that part? What do you think?
    Last edited by JP_Russell; May 27, 2009 at 02:03 PM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Jassaray's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: How do you think they'll censor the remaining revealing Halibel scenes in the anime?

I'm not sure, I don't think there's much they could do about it without changing the design completely. It's not like there's much room for misinterpretation in the manga design...

I hope they keep it, despite it being one of the more "controversial" tattoo placings, it's not exactly worse than Mastumoto's constant cleavage shots.

Then again I'm just against censorship in any form, if it's an artistic choice then it should remain.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: How do you think they'll censor the remaining revealing Halibel scenes in the anime?

meh, if they can show a woman in a bathing suit or a bikini they can show harribel without changing anything.

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    meh, if they can show a woman in a bathing suit or a bikini they can show harribel without changing anything.
    I agree, but the animators might not.

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

they showed rangiku without clothes......panned the camera from her face, down to the top half of her tits, all wet from a shower......and they can't show a number on halibel's breast????? wat......these animators are stupid.....they like showing glorious close up of matsumoto's cleavage but they butcher up all of halibel's scenes............wat are they scared people are gonna start jerkin off to bleach?

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hyn_pride93's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Halibel doesn't have anything that needs to be censored. All of her privates are covered and there is no obscenity with her. She perfectly fine.

~ Flames of Aries ~

MH's Funniest Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity digitaldude's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by choke_a_beech View Post
    they showed rangiku without clothes......panned the camera from her face, down to the top half of her tits, all wet from a shower......and they can't show a number on halibel's breast????? wat......these animators are stupid.....they like showing glorious close up of matsumoto's cleavage but they butcher up all of halibel's scenes............wat are they scared people are gonna start jerkin off to bleach?
    erm well, OH GOD, I`M SO ASHAMED. I don`t think they will censor her, remember this is marketed for teenage boys and what do they like? big boobs and action.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hyn_pride93 View Post
    Halibel doesn't have anything that needs to be censored. All of her privates are covered and there is no obscenity with her. She perfectly fine.
    Hey, I agree; I'm not saying Halibel should be censored. I'm just asking how people think she will be censored, if they think so at all. The reason for this even being a viable topic is the fact that they've already censored her lower breasts by having her jacket cover her entire chest, so it's quite possible they'll censor her for the later scenes that are even more revealing in the manga.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hyn_pride93's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JP_Russell
    Hey, I agree; I'm not saying Halibel should be censored. I'm just asking how people think she will be censored, if they think so at all. The reason for this even being a viable topic is the fact that they've already censored her lower breasts by having her jacket cover her entire chest, so it's quite possible they'll censor her for the later scenes that are even more revealing in the manga.
    Come to think of it, I was wondering why Halibel looked different when I was watching the anime today.

Well, if they do intend on censoring her even further, then when it comes to the scene where Halibel reveals here mask, they'll most likely have the mask cover her entire chest. Thinking about it, will just make more people angry.

~ Flames of Aries ~

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member EvolutionIX's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Matsumoto's cleavage could have easily been covered up. I dont understand why they clothed up Halibels bottom half of her breast. It's pretty much the same. Stupid animators biased towards hollows -.-"

But seriously, they won't censor it. They will have to pretty much change her design completely and that wont make many happy. The number is placed there so they have to show it sooner or later and if they can show matsumoto coming out of a bath nude (bar the private parts) then theres nothing wrong with this.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member stevenash's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Fans may say otherwise...but anime are more available to many ages.....so I guess to ensure peace with parents of Japan they might censor a bit.......

Maybe not though....as the cloth was probably censored to ensure no Halibel fashion frenzy.......

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Forever_Melody's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Well her release is also pretty skimpy as well so if they plan on changing anything, they'd probably want to change that as well

But then, if they only ad more "armor" to her chest, the whole design will feel wrong since the whole thorax/abdomen area is revealing so having one large chunk covered will not work aesthetically speaking.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted zerocooldx's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It honestly doesn't look that bad, i mean if they can show Matsumoto prancing and bouncing around in a school uniform, as well as being on top of Inoue while shes naked then they can definately show Halibel.
    Last edited by zerocooldx; May 27, 2009 at 09:51 AM.

"Upon the back of his body not a wound of retreat scars it."
    One Piece is a series created by a genius, it's a masterpiece, it's like a fine wine, it only gets better with time.

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

the animators will probably give halibel a full suit of armor/bone to cover any indecencies................

17. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Artists of MH 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Bohemia22's Avatar
    Country
    Czech Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought Bleach is aimed at people about 15..? Showing some breasts to guys at that age is more than ok. ;] (girls have to survive it)

New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast