Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: How do you think they'll censor the remaining revealing Halibel scenes in the anime?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Boagrious's Avatar
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: How do you think they'll censor the remaining revealing Halibel scenes in the anime?

Halibel is hawt! and they should not censor anything, even though they will...
    Why so Serious?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Mifune_Taichou's Avatar
    Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: How do you think they'll censor the remaining revealing Halibel scenes in the anime?

I think they will have to alter some of the scenes entirely or just show everything because its very very risque. And I love it lol.
    Credit to Thepocolypse for the Awesome sig

Shut up and drink your bleach juice!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Revolation's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lexx View Post
    They've been censoring Bleach since the end of the Soul Society arc.

Blood is now almost completely black (so that it can be dismissed as "mud"). You never actually see swords penetrate people anymore.

Ikkaku was supposed to be drenched in blood during his fight with Edward Leones. He was "singed".

Grimmjaw rammed his fist through Luppi then blew his face away with a cero. None of this happen onscreen; it's only suggested but never explicitly shown.

Yammi was supposed to freaking crush that medical arrancar down to her waist with a fist drop. He...smacked her into the wall where shadows obscure what the result was.

Szayel Apollo was supposed to freaking tear apart and consume his fraccion. Instead, they turn into red energy balls that he eats.

Renji and Ishida were supposed to be coughing / vomiting blood after Szayel Apollo crushed their internal organs. They cough up...spit? instead.

Szayel's rebirth was originally presented as Nemu massively getting pregnant inside seconds then his disgusting self slithering out her mouth. It was replaced with a bubble of energy emerging from her mouth and eventually forming him. Not nearly as groteseque.

When matsumoto got "fingered" by that Chimera Parca, SHE WAS MISSING HALF HER TORSO. IT WAS GONE, as in organs were missing and ribcage was showing. The anime showed...none of that.

The anime got away with showing the hole in chimera's chest and then it getting split in two. The anime got away with this because the chimera was presented as a flat-out monster, and you can get away with being more explicit dismembering a monster than you can with a human.
    Since all that is true, you know hitsu is never getting scratched because he's a human and a "kid"
    Bleach 354-356 spoiler and chapter discussions. Most hilarious ones ever. How hueco mundo and The Lust arc killed "ichihime"
    Spoiler: What happened with Nel and Kenpachi after Ichigo went to Ulqiorra(vol 39 sketches) show

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Yakedo-Tenchou's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

You know what pisses me off, though? They censored Harribel, but didn't consider censoring Mila-Rose, and then they showed a swimsuit episode right afterward. Hypocritical much?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

They did censor Hitsugaya's fight against Shawlong Qufang somewhat. Compare frames from the manga where his head's drenched in blood vs frames from the anime where it's dried and/or "scuffed".

There wasn't much need to censor Hitsugaya's fight; his attacks don't draw blood (only ice) and even though Shawlong completely goes Edward Scissor-hands on him, even in the manga you don't see the actual attacks or cuts themselves, only the blood flying. If you remove the blood from its cause, you can get away with more. It's all about what's actually shown on screen, and the context.

Take the swimsuit episode, for example. What's risque about adult women wearing bathing suits commonly found on the Beach? You can argue it's just as risque as a girl with a bone top and massive underboob, but the test is the community standard. No one's seen bone top under boob, but EVERYONE's been to the beach. Even the "tentacle rape" scene, if you look at it closely, was drawn in a way that skirts the censorship issue. When you see the two girls get raised into the air by the tentacles, you don't actually see the tentacle doing anything. The frame only holds their upper halves and heads screaming out, and even THEN it's merely suggestive dialog and not explicit. "where are you touching me?" "it's under my swimsuit!" It's all left to the imagination what those two sentences imply.

*sigh* I miss my ultra violence. Bleach characters started out composed of 100 litres of blood. When the hell did their blood turn dark brown and when did they lose most of it?

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member misterchaos's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

if they dont they will ruin the all manga... XD

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member InnerHollow's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Also in the swimsuit episode Rangiku and Orihime use their breasts to make their sand castle.
    What would be interesting is if they didn't censor it at all and it got to the scene to where the vizard vc help out Hitsu and Harribel gets knocked back. In the manga we see physics at work if you know what i mean.

http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/367/07/ side and under
    http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/367/08/ get a look see from behind

yep haha

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Isshinnamikaze's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I was very surprised when hallibel was all covered up and censored.It will be an utter outrage if they censor her any further.With her tattoo and her release it seems almost impossible to sensor her and also will tite kubo even allow such a change?Well if they do that then whats next?Censoring Mayuri's freakish face?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Tygulopk's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Reiiko View Post

Spoiler show

Y'know, more or less. Probably more.

And if it does turn out something like this, then I told you so. ;-)
    Actually, thats not half bad, better than I'd thought it'd be.
    If the animators did go with this, I wouldn't mind.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

No Trust Re: How do you think they'll censor the remaining revealing Halibel scenes in the anime?

oh god just saw the censoring of the release form of halibel , kinda look like two balloons being strapped onto her with white ducktape -o-'' , why couldn't they keep it orignal

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't we see her in her release form in the Opening already?!

Edit: Oh, so she released in the new episode?
    Gotta watch it and comment later on.

True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!

Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yakedo-Tenchou View Post
    You know what pisses me off, though? They censored Harribel, but didn't consider censoring Mila-Rose, and then they showed a swimsuit episode right afterward. Hypocritical much?
    I get where you're coming from. Censorship is a mysterious field the likes of which our puny, mundane brains cannot fathom.

Some prime examples, that are similair to one another:

-In the manga during Yammy and Ulquiorra's first appearance, Chad lost his arm after being struck by Yammy. In the anime he was merely wounded. Yet it seemed perfectly fine for Ichigo to lop off Yammy's arm about 2 seconds later. Riiiiiiiggght

-Ichigo's form of absolute badassness VS Ulquiorra segunda etapa. In the manga, Ulq tears of Ishida's arm when the latter intervenes. In the anime, his arm was simply reduced to something that resembled a crude, microwaved prostetic. Yet it was apparantly cool for Ichigo to sever Ulquiorra's arm just moments later.

Not to mention Lilynette's skimpy, pedophile attracting "outfit" completely unfit for a girl with a reasonably infantile look/demeanor.
    Etc.

I give up...

New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3