Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma
New Reply

Thread: I need an Artist

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I need an Artist

I believe that a little personal information can truly help me out in this situation. You see I began writing stories when I was 11 (I'm 14 now) and I've always kinda liked it. One day I thought if I could write a manga story and find someone who could draw I could become a pretty good mangaka.
    I'm not gonna say things like I'm the best or I think whatever Manga we create will be great all I can say is I'll put my all into it.

Sample Story: The year is 2134 and Japan has developed the worlds most exciting and dangerous sport known as "Gaelic War".

Hitoyoshi Toshiro and Sora Kiharu could care less about the world's most popular sport. Their world is populated by rival delinquents who look for nothing more from them but a brawl. However after challenging one of the countries best Gaelic War High school Champions to a brawl both are beaten to a pulp. Now they want revenge, the champion beat them at their game, and now it's their turn to do the same.

In case your wondering this is not all there is to the story. There's much more but I just didn't want to give all the information all at once. If anyone is interested in getting a sample of how I write when I write seriously I am willing to supply at any moment.
    Last edited by Grimley; May 31, 2009 at 12:13 AM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner getsuryuu's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: I need an Artist

I´m not exactly a "good" artist, but helping the ones who really are.... may be it would be helpful if you describe what kind of art you want.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: I need an Artist

...I have almost no idea to be honest. All I want is an artist, I have all the character designs in my head almost constantly. I am ready for any drawing style I can work with. But I would prefer someone who draws in a more modern mangaesque style, something like Fujimaki Tadatoshi (Author/Artist of Kuroko no Basket/Basuke).

But of course that would be the best possible scenario, but I would still love to get some kind of artist, personally I'd like if I could see a sample of the artist work before parterning up with them. But otherwise I'm quite alright.

(This was added on after I read and reread my own posts)

I never actually really explained the main characters.

Profiles 1-5

1. Name: Komainu "Captain" Ganta
    Nationality: Japanese
    Year: 2nd Year
    Height: 179/5'10
    Weight: 57.5 kg/126 lbs
    Position: Comander

Personality:

History: Best friends with The TB before they began their High School Gaelic War Careers along with Kogan the five always played with each other. For the first few years of their lives they attended the same school until each of them went to different Junior High schools. After their third year they met up at an Arcade where the TB explained that they had gotten scholarships to go to a high school for Gaelic War. After their first year in High school the TB split up and went to different schools. In an attempt to meet up with their friends Kogan and Komainu began a Gaelic War team at their school, however after losing horribly to their past friends and getting mocked by all three of them. They want to prove themselves to the TB.

Name: Kogan Bradley
    Nationality: Japanese/American
    Year: 2nd
    Height: 171 Cm/ 5'7
    Weight: 61.8/ 146 lbs

Personality: Selfish and silent. Kogan is in every way a jerk. He cares little for others feelings and only does things for himself. He only truly appreciates a select few of people one of them being Komainu who he has been friends with since they were children.

History: Kogan's father was an American Gaelic War Champion. He was famous until it was discovered that he had cancer and he retired to spend time with his wife and child in Japan. Two years after he came back to Japan to live with his loved ones he died and his lawyer informed Kogan and his Mother that they would not be receiving his life insurance and instead it was going to his mistress who he had been sleeping with on his visits to america. Kogan's mother lost her will to live and Kogan began working to try and give his mother all she wanted. Kogan's mother was eventually diagnosed with a type of superior depression and her son has been receiving her checks and taking care of their home and her health for the last few years. He plans on becoming a Gaelic War Professional and making millions to support his mentally unwell mother.

Name: Sora Kiharu
    Nationaliy: Japanese
    Year: 1st
    Height: 167 cm/ 5'5
    Weight: 48. 19 / 106 lbs

Personality: Bubbly and optimistic, Sora can cheer anybody up from the worst of situations. However while Sora seems like an airhead he is in fact very cunning and combined with his will do anything to win he can sometimes be a handfill for those who pick a fight with him. Sora also has a red-hot temper

History: Sora was always a loner in school because of his apperance of being a strange nerd. He however always craved a friend, one day two bullies decided to make Sora their target, they were however unaware of Sora's hidden violence, so he beat them down. After hearing clapping Sora became friends with Hitoyoshi Toshiro and has been friends with him all through Junior high.

Name: Hitoyoshi Toshiro
    Nationality: Japanese
    Year: 1st
    Height: 176cm/5'9
    Weight: 56.3 Kg/ 123 lbs

Personality: Violent and easy to anger Hitoyoshi is your average delinquent. He however has a talent for learning and keeps roughly a B average through out his classes except for art where he is a complete failure. Hitoyoshi is very prideful and does not rely upon tactics or plans to win, instead going by his gut and pummeling everything.

History: Hitoyoshi has always been a handful for his mother deciding that he is above judgment by those he considers old. He has always been ignored by other students, minus the rival delinquents of course, because of his bad reputation and he is just fine about it. After he became friends with Sora after they were walking home from school Hitoyoshi bumped into one of the TB. he challenged him to a fight and Sora and Him were easily defeated. he has sworn vengeance and is rigorously training to surpass his new rival.

There are much more characters but I have only included the most important ones, mostly main characters.
    Last edited by Grimley; June 01, 2009 at 08:59 PM.

New Reply