Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 754 by cnet128 , Bleach 590 by cnet128 , Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: What to do after the end of ES21?

Eroge Danchou MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Xophien's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

What to do after the end of ES21?

All right, since it's more or less sure that the manga will end in two weeks, and even if it isn't, it probably won't last for long, it's time to open the customary post when a manga reaches its end. What are you all going to do after ES21 ends? Give your fellow ES21 fanboys ideas to keep their minds away from dangerous things, like eating glass shards or reading Naruto.

In my case, I'll still be translating Kuroko no Basket (which I strongly recommend to everyone), keep up fanboying over One Piece, invest myself a bit more into the Negima community, and maybe look for another manga to translate. Preferably not a sports one, I don't want to be stuck with the "sports manga translator" tag until the end of my life

What about you guys?

Art by 双瀬 聖

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sherlock Holmes's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What to do after the end of ES21?

I will go to the POT board, probably. I already go there like...A lot.
    I was thinking about trying to become a scanlator, but recently my book was accepted by publication.
    And I'll probably lose a few months with the whole editing-what-my-editor-tells-me-to thing, and then I will be on grade 12 next year, and will have to study a lot...So I guess scanlating anything will be impossible. My beginner japanese skills won't help me to translate much either.

So I guess I'll just read a few mangas, and hope to find something good.
    And I'm going to hope that that good manga won't be canceled.

*Otacon's voice*
    Double Arts? Double Arts? DOUBLE AAAAAARRRRRRTSSSSSSSSSSS!

...*Caham*

Well, this was...a nice manga. Hope it spawns a sequel or something like that.

I will also be obsessing over One Piece, and I will take your suggestion, Xophien, and read Kuroko. Oh, and Liar Game. God, Liar Game. I love that manga. The main character, Akiyama, is somewhat like Hiruma+Light from death note. Minus the psychopathic tendencies.
    Last edited by Sherlock Holmes; June 03, 2009 at 04:48 PM.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member XEL's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

1. Its not gonna end. They are gonna get the best of the best and play for the galaxy...which means bye bye main characters and hello NFL...I hope you guys know im kidding...
    2. I'm gonna be training this summer for next season...I had a shin splint so I'm gonna need to work one my speed. I might copy the whole wet face mask training thing for cardiovascular strength.
    4. My friend and I will be setting up a school-based forum where we get members to teach each other. It'll be a fun way to communicate with others while being able to concentrate on school work as well
    5. Read Naruto and Bleach...actually no they've been pretty gay recently...

Washington 2012
    ~ We're baaaaaaaaaack ~

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Rsatori's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=467 You could finish up translating this manga for me since it got abandoned by the previous group.

I'm more into the serious manga. I mean I keep up with a lot of the other kiddish mangas too but not enough to debate them as much as ES21 lol. I'll probably be done with MH unless Inagaki releases a new manga.

Instead I'll watch documentaries, play on the PS3, Diablo 2, exercise, maybe draw, and doze off. Helluva run on this forum lol. I used to just come by to look for updates then just got too into it. Learned a lot. Don't know what.

On another note I've made almost all of my 729 posts in this forum alone.
    Last edited by Rsatori; June 03, 2009 at 05:08 PM.
    Sometimes I think that anime and manga today is all thanks to the Atomic Bombs.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sherlock Holmes's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by XEL View Post
    1. Its not gonna end. They are gonna get the best of the best and play for the galaxy...which means bye bye main characters and hello NFL...I hope you guys know im kidding...
    2. I'm gonna be training this summer for next season...I had a shin splint so I'm gonna need to work one my speed. I might copy the whole wet face mask training thing for cardiovascular strength.
    4. My friend and I will be setting up a school-based forum where we get members to teach each other. It'll be a fun way to communicate with others while being able to concentrate on school work as well
    5. Read Naruto and Bleach...actually no they've been pretty gay recently...
    *points sword*

Don't read naruto, DON'T!
    IT'S HORRIBLE!

Read...A book. Or watch a movie.
    The princess Bride! Read it or watch it. Either way it's brilliant.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member creuss's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

with this kind of thread being created, it really becomes clearer to me that its really coming to an end... huhuhuh

anyway, i've already started reading kuroku no basket b4 this thread was made...
    lucky for me, i guess... lol

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member XEL's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

ewww...i just remembered... i have this like 500 page summer assignment for honors english next year..

Washington 2012
    ~ We're baaaaaaaaaack ~

Eroge Danchou MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Xophien's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rsatori View Post
    http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=467 You could finish up translating this manga for me since it got abandoned by the previous group.
    That, or could could also go to your local store selling manga and buy the last volume, I guess^^; (it's been officially released and is completed already in the US >.>)

Random rant : buying the actual mangas, especially of the series you like, is the best way to show your respect for the work of the author. I know it sounds kinda hypocrite since part of my work on MH is about facilitating access to fast and free releases of the mangas, but still. I've spend enough on mangas myself not to feel guilty for that >.>

I wouldn't have translated it anyway, while I like reading Seinen mangas, translating them is another matter

Quote Quote:
    I'm more into the serious manga. I mean I keep up with a lot of the other kiddish mangas too but not enough to debate them as much as ES21 lol. I'll probably be done with MH unless Inagaki releases a new manga.

On another note I've made almost all of my 729 posts in this forum alone.
    Reminds me of myself in the old days I hope you'll find a reason for staying on MH, though, Rsatori. You've been an awesome user and it'd be a shame if you left

Art by 双瀬 聖

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Unfortunately I'm poor.

I've been reading the volumes in my bookstores but I haven't seen the last two volumes I'm afraid.

I'd stay but I don't think there are many manga worth debating about tirelessly. I am reading that basketball manga, but it's not the same. Thanks for the compliment though lol.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member sir_arles's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

What to do?
    Well, i guess I'll continue to hang out at the WSJ TOC thread... I spend a lot of time lurking there (and somentimes posting =P) anyway.

This has been a great manga, and like everyone else, I'm kinda sad It ended with a not-so-good arc... but well, this things sometimes happen.

I really loved ES21 and I recomended it to many of my friends and I hope this manga will be always remembered for It's best matchs.

See ya

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member JC123's Avatar
    City of Eternal Darkness, and it ain't Alaska!
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, I'm still on the OP forums here. As well, I'm looking for a few more manga. Whistle really comes to mind and I may look into Air Gear. Twas pretty sweet...

Also, I gotta get back into my Japanese. So if any translators are needed, I'll be signing up just to review, edit and deliver. Kinda been boring at work. Why not keep busy?

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Tensai_Sakuragi's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

It´s been a fun ride. Well, that´s still lots of good mangas out there.

It´s a shame that E21 didn´t end in the Christmas Bowl(that would´ve been perfect ), but whatever. It was still fun to see Agon becoming a main character.

I also think that Kuroko no Basket will be a good read for E21 fans. It´s a sports manga full of style and funny moments.

But if you guys are looking for masterpieces in the sports genre, go read Rookies or Slam Dunk. Those two are on a whole other level.

These are faces we will never, ever, forget.
    Thank you for helping us dream and aim even higher, dear Shohoku friends.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner mockme's Avatar
    Country
    Finland
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, I suppose I'll keep an eye out for new chapters of Rookies. I think it's been finished some time ago, as the year it came out was 1998, but the scanlating's not regular and I'm afraid it'll never be finished. That's why I watched the JDrama-series based on the manga, and it was amazing. Really emotional. Probably the best sports series I've ever seen, or in the case of the manga, read. Slam Dunk's a good match for it though.

And of course I'll be watching baseball, and keeping an eye on the NFL and the NBA.

Oh and by the way, never ever read Captain Tsubasa. Being a football.. sorry, soccer player myself I find my brain cells exploding after every page. Okay, it's a piece of fiction, not real life, but soccer's not anything like that. Other sports mangas manage to at least somehow imitate the real sport, but Tsubasa just sucks. Hungry Heart, Wild Striker is a good soccer manga/anime if you like the sport.

And that's another reason why I like Rookies. There's none of this superhuman crap.

But yeah, after ES21 is over, it'll be baseball, NBA Finals, soccer (we're on our way to becoming champions this year), PS3, school work aaaaaand.. I think I'll try to find a girlfriend.

EDIT: Didn't read the above post by Tensai Sakuragi. Apparently there's someone else who loves Rookies. Great!

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Altrian's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm.. probably just going to vanish from MangaHelpers entirely, since I don't read any other manga at the moment, haha. D: I'll miss this board, though, there's been some really good discussion here, which is unusual to find period, much less on a manga board. Maybe I'll try to find another manga to read, I dunno. I have a hard time getting into new ones nowadays.

Sigh. Even with as crappy as this last arc was, I'm really going to miss my weekly dose of ES21.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I could also read new manga and make reviews talking about how bad they are on a weekly basis lol. But ehhhh, like I said before. There's probably going to be another Inagaki manga some time. I wouldn't be surprised if he's been working on something else and this arc was just a way to keep people busy. I mean it's like a lot of other artists and authors who come out with phenomenal stuff and then suddenly they stop being that great like they were in their heyday. You always hear, "It's not as good as it used to be." I think Inagaki started to get there after Ojou. Hakushu was kind of an in-between game. Not horrible but not as great as previous arcs. He probably had a lot of good ideas for most of the matches up to Ojou to begin with and kinda adlibbed the rest after the Dinosaurs lol.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast