Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/1/14 - 9/7/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 by cnet128 , Gintama 509 by Bomber D Rufi
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: What to do after the end of ES21?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member ChikoSuave21's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What to do after the end of ES21?

Hmm, gonna be focusing on school, since the term is starting in about a week.

But stick with some of the mangas....
    Air Gear - hopefully they're past all the weirdness and will get into the huge battles.
    History's Strongest Disciple - Read about Kenichi training, running away, winning fights. haha.
    Fullmetal Alchemist - just annoying that it's a monthly release.
    Slam Dunk - since most people were saying it was a great sports manga, and it has lived up to the hype.
    Prince of Tennis - gotta see what happens with the Singles elimination.
    Naruto/Bleach - just because they come out every week. haha.
    One Piece - don't know why I never got into it. Any suggestions?
    Yo.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Altrian's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

By the way, does anyone know if Murata is going to be involved in any other ongoing projects? Half the reason I read ES21 is for the art, so I might be inclined to read another manga by the same artist if it's in a similar style.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Roarchu's Avatar
    Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

i'll keep buying the SJ issues all the way until the end of dinosaurs, years later i will forget all about teikoku and the world cup.

i'll read one piece and maybe i'll read fullmetal alchemist...yeah, i've never read it, oh and fairytail cuz a lota ppl say it's good

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Rsatori's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Altrian View Post
    By the way, does anyone know if Murata is going to be involved in any other ongoing projects? Half the reason I read ES21 is for the art, so I might be inclined to read another manga by the same artist if it's in a similar style.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yusuke_Murata

Judging from his history I think you'll be hearing from him in the future.
    Sometimes I think that anime and manga today is all thanks to the Atomic Bombs.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member cHaotix8's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Blust! was one that received a one shot recently. We may see more of that in the future.

Not really much for me to look forward to in the future, manga-wise. One Piece and Kuroko are good, but nothing has really hooked me the way Eyeshield 21 did before. It's what pretty much allowed me to give other sports series a chance. Slam Dunk was magnificent but I didn't have to suffer through the suspense of a weekly series.

Maybe one day Hunter X Hunter will come off hiatus. Until I guess I'll have to wait on Inagakis' next series; if there is one.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member blackpowa's Avatar
    Country
    Sudan
    Post Thanks / Like

well its going to be over soon.
    ill proubably end up (arguing about)discussing naruto/bleach since those are the only manga ive read a couple times
    any recommendation for a new mangas
    naruto's so so
    bleach is about the same. so any recommendations
    idk any action/sports manga
    "They said I was the greatest pitcher they ever saw…I couldn’t understand why they couldn’t give me no justice."

"You win a few, you lose a few. Some get rained out. But you got to dress for all of them."

Ain’t no man can avoid being born average, but there ain’t no man got to be common

- all by the late the great Satchel Paige

Eroge Danchou MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Xophien's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rsatori
    Unfortunately I'm poor.
    No excuse. I've skipped lunches to save money for mangas, so you should do the same

Xophy is not human. So, kids - don't do that at home ~eni

The man is a workaholic, there's hardly any chance we won't ever again from him in the future. Seeing how his last two one-shots, madofuki park and Blust, were his work alone, it could be that he's going to work solo on his next manga, though (serializing Blust would make sense, I guess, though while a fun read, i'm not too sure if could be turned into a long-lasting manga). Wonder what Inagaki will do if Murata goes to work solo, then... I guess he'll have to find another partner, or write light novels.
    Last edited by eni; June 04, 2009 at 03:25 AM.

Art by 双瀬 聖

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Xophien View Post
    No excuse. I've skipped lunches to save money for mangas, so you should do the same
    I don't believe in putting monetary value on art?

Eroge Danchou MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Xophien's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rsatori View Post
    I don't believe in putting monetary value on art?
    ... Seeing how my manga collection alone is worth about ten thousands of dollars, you'll understand why I'm not agreeing with you on this one >.>;

Art by 双瀬 聖

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

You're talking to a guy who doesn't wanna own shit. I just wanna read it once and shelf it unless I have to look back for reference. >:|

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Thallc's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd eat glass before reading Naruto! Hajime No Ippo New Challenger is airing atm and ofc the manga is still going. It was a fun ride, first running manga I've read from start to end. *Sentiment and Nostalgia*

Oh and Berserk started again few weeks ago. When they're done with that White Hawk crap and focus on Gutts and Casca it's gonna be fun reading again.

Also I think I'll venture out of my cave in the mountains and try to get in contact with civilization again. I might need a bath after these years.
    Last edited by Thallc; June 04, 2009 at 04:55 AM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Altrian's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Xophien View Post
    The man is a workaholic, there's hardly any chance we won't ever again from him in the future. Seeing how his last two one-shots, madofuki park and Blust, were his work alone, it could be that he's going to work solo on his next manga, though (serializing Blust would make sense, I guess, though while a fun read, i'm not too sure if could be turned into a long-lasting manga). Wonder what Inagaki will do if Murata goes to work solo, then... I guess he'll have to find another partner, or write light novels.
    I did enjoy Blust, too bad it was only a one-shot. I'd probably read it if they serialized it, although I think it was better off as a stand-alone. Doesn't seem like a story that'd work very well in long-format. I'd definitely be all over another Inagaki/Murata manga if they started a new one.. the two of them make a really good team.

I own the first 24 volumes of the ES21 manga as it's been released in the states. I'll probably continue buying it right up until the end of the Christmas bowl (if they translate that far) and just try to forget that this last arc existed, lol. Even though the translation annoys me ("damn" is just not the same as "fucking", among many other things), it's still nice to have nice, cleanly-scanned paperback books to look at on the shelf. :] But as a comic artist myself, I'm always big into actually purchasing comics when I can.

Hajime no Ippo.. I can't believe that is still going, lol. I read that way back when there were, like, 50 chapters and enjoyed it, but it's got to be up to a ridiculous number now. What could there possibly be left for them to do with it at this point?

I guess I could try to get back into Gantz, although I haven't read that in at least a year or two so I'd have a lot of catching up to do, lol.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity kdowns's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

I cant belive its over already
    Now im gonna be stuck with shitty Naruto/Bleach
    Well atleast there is still One Piece and Full metal to read

These last 2 chapter better be dam good

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sherlock Holmes's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Ohhh guys, you should read One Outs.
    It's a baseball manga where the main character is a Hiruma-like player, that looks like Akutsu from prince of tennis.

He is not talented at all, but he defeats everyone with his cunning and tricks.
    It's like ES21...But with Hiruma as the main character, and with baseball instead of football.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member blackpowa's Avatar
    Country
    Sudan
    Post Thanks / Like

i'll own anything because if its good enough ill re-read it

but seriously some of us are still teens sooo we dont really make money yet....
    "They said I was the greatest pitcher they ever saw…I couldn’t understand why they couldn’t give me no justice."

"You win a few, you lose a few. Some get rained out. But you got to dress for all of them."

Ain’t no man can avoid being born average, but there ain’t no man got to be common

- all by the late the great Satchel Paige

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast