Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2) , Gintama 509 by Bomber D Rufi
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: What to do after the end of ES21?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sorata's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What to do after the end of ES21?

Now that Eyeshield 21 is over i hope that it goes down as one of the greatest sports manga ever.
    But i think most people will only think of the last 2 crappy arcs(Teikoku and America) and will totally forget the magical and amazing Kantou tournament with awesome moments:
    Agon vs Sena
    Monta vs Ikkyu(Monta´s best oponent)
    Shin vs Sena
    Gaou vs Deimon

For people who are looking for good sports manga, the best option is Slam Dunk, pound to pound is probably the best sports manga ever.
    Other good ones are Rookies, Hajime no Ippo and Major.
    From the new ones Kuroko no Basket and Hoop Men are pretty good, Hoop Men has a more appeling story(imo) but Kuroko no Basket has a better art.

My personal favorites and kings of manga are Berserk and One Piece.
    Did you hear about the man who can´t be destroyed?? = Shin Jin-Ho - "The Immortal"

He is the Fastest highschooler and the Strongest Linebacker in the history of Japan!! = Shin Seijuurou - "The Perfect Player"

If you disrupt the discipline in Namimori he will Bite you to Death!! = Hibari Kyoya - Vongola X´s Strongest Guardian

The man who will be the strongest swordsman!! = Roronoa Zoro - The Pirate Hunter

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It's sad to see a good series end.

But given its popularity here and in Japan, I'm hoping it'll be established as one of the "classics" of the genre that's still read and respected for years to come, like Ranma and Evangelion. Maybe it won't be as popular as those two, but it doesn't need to be, because it survived quite well enough on its own.

Of course, that's up to every one of you fans out there, and how well you spread the word to future generations.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rsatori View Post
    Shamooooooo. It's a good martial arts genre manga but you have to get over the first butt rape scene. It gets pretty good though, very raw and an interesting main character who really does not give a fuck. It's not for children though.
    Wise choice !

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Although EyeShield's gone, I'll still go back and re-read *waiting for the last tanks*. Just because a series has ended, doesn't mean I won't reread over and over, My well-worn RurouKen tanks are proof of thatX_x;;; I hope Blust becomes a regular series, loved it's one-shot. Right now, I've got more than enough to keep me busy Wangan Midnight (trying to finish it up, missing a couple tanks, waiting for the new series), Bastard!! (26, yay!!), Medaka Box, Grandeek, Zettai Karen Children....and brolly another 20+ that I read when I'm not working or illustration work XP~~~~~o
    |Live Journal|Deviant Art|

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Altrian's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I've read a bit of Shamo (up to chapter 20) and I have to say I'm really liking it so far. Definitely pretty violent, but that's alright with me.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4