Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi
Thread Closed
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Timeline error? Regarding Nel's departure from LasNoches...

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Timeline error? Regarding Nel's departure from LasNoches...

Here (http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/292/07/) Noi asks Nel "how many years has passed since you disappeared?" and here (http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/312/12/) they both conduct a mission on Aizen's order. If I'm not mistaken, Aizen left Soul Society one year ago at most, but Noi's question sounds as it's been years since Nel's left. So either...
    1 it's Kubo serious mistake
    2 Aizen controlled Las Noches from Soul Society O_o
    3 it's translators mistake, which i hope for.

What do you think? Maybe smb can look at RAW 292 for correct translation?

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity rykarreolacr's Avatar
    Country
    Costa Rica
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Timeline error? Regarding Nel's departure from LasNoches...

it's probably number 2: Aizen already controlled Las Noches from Soul Society. He has probably been fooling everybody for several years. It makes sense if you think about it.
    Kitty Got Wet

Dearly Missed ;__; MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
    Country
    Venezuela
    Post Thanks / Like

well:

#1 would be a possibility
    #2 is more likely, because he deceived them for quite some time
    #3 is it definitely not, it says years in the raw.

well, I'm all for option two, but that isn't the point of this thread, is it?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

he had the espada to act on his behalf

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Ayle's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

#4 time going a different speed depending one the dimension? But I would choose #2 too.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member OrangeRat's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

#2 definately, at least that's what I always thought.
    GREEN, Your death's colour is Green. Death of the mind. Your heart is isolated within your mind. You seek knowledge. You are very rare.

Others' lifes is your salvation. Listening to people's problems is your way to escape reality. You have an extraordinary wonderful soul, but this soul is carrying the whole world in its shoulders. With your understanding restless nature, you are constantly looking for answers. ~~I carry the whole world on my shoulders~~

My To-Draw List
    Spoiler show

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner darkbass's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

it is just like when ichigo and the rest gone to SS, yoruichi said that they gone trought a time loop kind of thing, and arrived a few days before they even left.... i think aizen have gone through one of those loops and arrived a few months, if not years before the actual battle, or all those flashbacks would have had to have happened only a few days before, which they clearly didn't....

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Frank918's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The time loop thing sounds most plausible, although I would very much like for this to be cleared up...

However, I'm not sure it IS possible that he was controlling Hueco Mundo or the Arrancar from Soul Society, because right before he left for HC was when he pulled the Hougyoku out of Rukia, which is what he has forced the use of to create his Espada and (probably most of) the other Arrancar.

But I do think there are some plot subtleties to be explained because there are some clear mentions that Las Noches has been there for a long, long time; possibly even before Aizen arrived (think Ishida's comments when they first enter the lower levels of the palace).
    Last edited by Frank918; March 08, 2008 at 09:43 AM. Reason: Type-o.

Country
    Finland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Frank918 View Post
    The time loop thing sounds most plausible, although I would very much like for this to be cleared up...

However, I'm not sure it IS possible that he was controlling Hueco Mundo or the Arrancar from Soul Society, because right before he left for HC was when he pulled the Hougyoku out of Rukia, which is what he has forced the use of to create his Espada and (probably most of) the other Arrancar.

But I do think there are some plot subtleties to be explained because there are some clear mentions that Las Noches has been there for a long, long time; possibly even before Aizen arrived (think Ishida's comments when they first enter the lower levels of the palace).
    There were Arrancar running around before Aizen acquired the Orb of Distortion. They were the natural born ones, who were supposedly rendered obsolete after the Aizen started creating artificial ones.

At least Chirucci Thunderwitch, Gantenbeinne, and Dordonii were natural born Arrancars. So were Iceringer and D-Roy, as they were shown way back when Grand Fisher was made an Arrancar. And as D-Roy were natural, so are the rest of Grimjaw's now dead fraccion. Aaroniero was also a natural born. He was said to be the last survivor of the first generation Espada, whoever they were.

However, it now seems that both Nnoitra, Szayel and Neliel were also natural Arrancars, as they have a history going back years. This, however, gives rise to more questions. If Nnoitra is a natural born, how come he has become so powerful? He used to be the 8th, and the overall strength of the Espada were apparently smaller back then, and now he is 5th. Going up three ranks, when all the other numbers are more powerful also? If it possible for a natural born to improve that much, then why did not Dordonii or the other Privaron Espada improve? Dordonii even stated that his powers had declined.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hirou View Post
    So either...
    1 it's Kubo serious mistake
    2 Aizen controlled Las Noches from Soul Society O_o
    3 it's translators mistake, which i hope for.
    Definitely #2. When he left SS, the Menos protecting him with negacion suggests that he was already in control of Las Noches before making his exit from SS. It's unlikely that they just showed up on a whim. Aizen has probably been deceiving SS for a long time. I would be interested to learn through some sort of back story just how long Aizen has been deceiving everyone in SS and in collusion with the hollows.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Dordonii said "I knew that from the moment he obtained the Hougyoku, all the previous Espada would be useless." "I thought that if I beat you at full power, nino, I could be once again recognized by Aizen-sama..."
    The manga's pretty clear on this point, Dordonii was loyal to Aizen before the Hougyoku. Aizen was definitely controlling Las Noches before he left Soul Society. Many other things have pointed in this direction, too.

Warden's questions are interesting:
    Quote Originally Posted by Warden
    If Nnoitra is a natural born, how come he has become so powerful? He used to be the 8th, and the overall strength of the Espada were apparently smaller back then, and now he is 5th. Going up three ranks, when all the other numbers are more powerful also? If it possible for a natural born to improve that much, then why did not Dordonii or the other Privaron Espada improve? Dordonii even stated that his powers had declined.
    Well, we know that Aizen gave Nnoitra power (ch313, pg5). Nnoitra being a non-Hougyoku Arrancar means Dordonii was wrong when he said "all the previous Espada would be useless" (actual word used was "youzumi": "no more use for", "done with"). This power probably saved Nnoitra from Privaron-ness.
    Some possibilities:
    1. Aizen powered Nnoitra up with the Hougyoku when Nnoitra was already an Arrancar (this would be an unprecedented use of the Hougyoku, but even so it's worth considering).
    or 2. The "power" Nnoitra is referring to was bestowed upon him when Aizen turned him into an Arrancar ages ago by a method other than the Hougyoku (e.g. pulling off masks - this is possible), and before that Nnoitra was an Adjuchas like Grimmjow. This put him at a level far above Dordonii etc.
    or 3. The "power" didn't save Nnoitra at all, in fact he's speaking figuratively (the power of being in a strong army) and he's just so good that he was able to continually power up and escape being useless where the others couldn't ._. He did constantly seek battle, the others probably only moved when ordered. I don't think this is impossible but I'm a little dubious about the use of the word "power" in that case.

Anyway I'm not sure how Aizen gave Nnoitra power but that's probably the reason

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner VeshWolfe's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It has to be that time flows differently in Hueco Mundo. That is the only possible explanation.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

It's not. Aizen being such a smartass didn't leave anything to coincidence. The guy planned his deffection for a long time.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity patedecarne's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Just a little off in the context of the topic, did Aizen used Hougyoku in all of arrancars or just in some of them? I mean, Nnoitra was 8 before Hougyoku, now he's 5; Szayel wasn't even an espada before hougyoku, but now he's 8; and about nell: she was the 3; what if Aizen had used Hougyoku on Neliel? will she become number 1?

and about former 1 espada? what if Aizen had used hougyoku on him?
    see, doesn't make little sense if you think about it...

Or the things are just like Darwin's theory? Aizen used Hougyoku on all of arrancars in HM, but only the prepared and stronger could adapt to the new powers? I'm sticking with this, until(if) Kubo explain it better...

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member dreamzsai's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Aizen definetly already has connections to Hueco Mundo when he is still in Soul Society.
    The way he "escaped" from Soul Society, as well as how his plans went about, obviously shows that he has had it planned out for a long time and has been carrying it out.

Aizen mentioned about how he handled Hinamori, Kira and Renji's position placements, so it's likely that he has got it planned since the three of them were students, or even earlier...

16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
Thread Closed
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast