Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Ponder in the Liar Game Lobby

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Xerous's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Liar Game by Kaitani Shinobu

Quote Originally Posted by I'm_Akiyama View Post
    There is a number discrepancy that's giving me a headache. In chapter 112 and chapter 113, Nao calls out the number 14 twice. Then in chapter 114, #14 isn't even on the nullified chair list. That's in the confusing past now, so I'm too concerned.

A mass elimination like they did in round 2 would be very strange. I'm thinking the winners that advance to the next round are the participants who hold a chip with the winners name. That way Akiyamas' group could move on to the next round. Of course there could also be a revival round for all the losers.
    I believe they said that the players have to be able to pay back all the money they received this round or have half

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Teeba's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Sweet, chapter 134 is out! Thanks, TDX!

Good chapter, though I didn't expect it do go into flashback for Abe's background. I wonder if that's the straw that'll cause her to rebel?

Up until this round, I've never though I'd see Yokoya any more as a pure antagonist but, this round really made me sympathize with him. It was pretty neat how he pulled through.

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

135 is out and now things get really close. Another time we see Abe's background. This will surely be the factor that will make her rebel^^

The panda-bears rocking all over the world!

Scanlator 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member andysislands's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not very good with keeping up with Japanese releases for this manga... (partly since I don't want to see spoilers) but is chapter 135 what is current in Japan? Or are we still behind some?

Thanks TDX for the continued work on this manga!

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Akiyama's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Issue #26 of Young Jump might be the latest right now in Japan, I know that issue contains Liar Game 136. I think YJ is released on Thursdays so we might be 1 chapter behind. \o/

7. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member hibar90's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Just read chapter 136. I'm itching to know what Akiyama trap was.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

So am I! My bet would be that akiyama still has gaya under control and they acted according to his orders. Akiyama new what baldy would reveal and acted according to that. My educated guess is that right now akiyama bought yokoya's old teammates and revealed his chair number along with the chair yokoya is supposed to use. So basically right now nao will be elected and she will choose the chair yokoya was planning on sitting on right now. That will mean yokoya and nao lose. That means whoever was not disqualified in yokoya's team is the winner and I would bet this person is the winner.

Another possibility is that yokoya was betrayed and the number of his chairs and locations was revealed (old teammate or perhaps having every gaya looking for it throughout the island). That means yokoya loses the chair he was going to sit on right now and nao sits on it which means yokoya loses.

Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not really good at solving their trap lol. But I've been thinking the same thing as in your 2nd paragraph. The only way to technically is to be the last person sitting, thus those who were given nao medal would still have some earnings. The problem is for Akiyama winning the cash would be a lot easier than so save everyone. But, if he can do it why didn't he steal the chair before the last election? This way it will only be Akiyama and Nao, and both be the winner. Or maybe Yokoya teammate have more medal distributed than akiyama, so if both ended in draw more people would be save. Argh my brain is frying.

Other possibility is that yokoya is going to win but with no cash for the next round since everybody but him and his teammate lost. And in truth Yokoya failed to know the medeal distribution. Thus, he only own losers medals, while gaya own his medal but Harimotos (maybe). This way they save people go to revival round once again.

But, I want a new stronger rival. I'm worried rivalry between only 2 people will bore me, and Harimoto already disappoint me with his "heart" approach. I want an intellect maybe from oversea that will put these 2 to shame.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Baldy has been with Akiyama's group all along and wins best actor award. It's a long shot prediction but I do think he might have infiltrated Yokoya's group perfectly. We do know he was used already by Akiyama to leak information but I have this feeling he is more special.

I too was thinking the possibility that Yokoya just eliminated the chair he was going to sit in for the next round. I'm wondering if he inspects his groups chair numbers every round. I'm sure he would see his own number before sitting down but we don't this group has seats in the same area. It's doubtful that they do but Yokoya might have lost trust after he had a betrayal in the group.

Overall I have no clue how Akiyama pulled off this trap and I'm dying to read the next chapter. \o/

Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone know if we're one chapter behind? Or 137 is still in progress? I think this is far more exciting than contraband, because we didn't see akiyama doing anything in this game apart from forming gaya and rejecting harimoto. But at contraband we know what he's going to do, but we have to guess how.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Hamy's Avatar
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

I think a hint to the trap lies in how the flow of information was controlled. The question is what information could it be... I am leaning more to Akiyama still having a grasp of the Gaya though, but Baldie would be quite a shock if his turncoat was all just an act. An act maybe to acquire information about the whereabouts of Yokoya's chair? After all Nao would need a chair in order to win/survive this round, and in Yokoya's group I believe he's the only one left with medals which makes his other ally unlikely in being a turncoat, so the Yokoya will one way or another most likely lose a chair.

More importantly part of this victory requires help from Abe O.o? Which I'm still wondering because the only thing she could offer from what I saw was the chair of white suite but since that's been removed what else would Harimoto's group have to offer?

So this trap is definitely more elaborate outrageous than it seems.
    Last edited by Hamy; June 18, 2010 at 07:32 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Toby_Temple's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Chapter 137 Spoilers from mangafox forum!

Spoiler show
    NO to KUROSAKI ICHIGO USING a BOW!!!

15. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the spoilers Toby but I'm going to resist the temptation and avoid reading them.
    I went around checking the popularity ranks from different manga sites. As of June 19, 2010.
    34 - MangaHelpers <- I do credit myself for this number being so high, I love to plug Liar Game everywhere.
    37 - onemanga
    99 - mangatoshokan
    108 - mangafox
    123 - mangatraders
    229 - mangaupdates

17. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Hamy's Avatar
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Spoiler show

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Spoiler show

New Reply
Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast