Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Ponder in the Liar Game Lobby

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Micronesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Liar Game by Kaitani Shinobu

Aki did say he is going to shoulder the burden of the debt till it ballooned to enormous level that it is impossible for the LGT to get the money back.
    The problem is whether LGT going to keep Akiyama advancing in the game, or whether there always be revival rounds after every normal rounds.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member hibar90's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Well since akiyama team consist of 3, minimum 2 main player, there will always be a revival round. And revival rounds are as interesting to me as the main game. We may also have a qualification round which was just as exciting. Akiyama ultimate work is to bring down LGT we just have to wait and see what he's up to and how he's going to do it. Lol no matter how big akiyama debt, LGT will make darn sure he's going to pay every penny. They will employ the living thing out of him to earn enough cash equivalent to his debt. But is he going to play along? lol

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Micronesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Akiyama (or someone else, i don't remember) say something about astronomical debts that is impossible to be paid. I imagine an amount of money as big as a country's annual spending or something. That kind of amount is impossible to pay no matter how hard you work your ass off.

Well, from the author point of view Aki and co should still be advancing. Never mind i'll just let the story unfold

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member hibar90's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

@Reana: Yea could be. But how did LGT manage to earn a country annual spending from? If they could earn it before, they should be able to do it again especially with akiyama. And I personally don't think it would that huge. Of course akiyama maybe couldn't pay it off till he dies, but LGT will do something about it.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Hamy's Avatar
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hibar90 View Post
    @Reana: Yea could be. But how did LGT manage to earn a country annual spending from? If they could earn it before, they should be able to do it again especially with akiyama. And I personally don't think it would that huge. Of course akiyama maybe couldn't pay it off till he dies, but LGT will do something about it.
    That is the same question I had in mind, namely how did LGT amass such wealth in the first place? It seems to me given LGT's influence that they have a lot of connections, with the government and such, or perhaps even affiliated with them. All of which could easily help them to amass wealth. Losing one tournament of the Liar Game to me doesn't seem enough to put them out of business. In fact I do doubt that they are necessarily after profit as their prime target, considering the way one can interpret the themes of the game the way Nao does. It genuinely seems like they really are just a bunch of bored rich people throwing away their money so that they have watch something interesting.

I think taking down LGT would require more than having a winner who carries on all debt but also destroying or exposing the networks of LGT. Which I would guess will need help outside of the liar game, I think it will be important to have allies outside the game (the players who have dropped out for instance) in attempting to gather as much information about the LGT.

On a sidenote did anyone notice that Yokoya only considered Abe a woman, while not at all being confused by Yokonaga XD

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Liar Game Hang-Out Thread

As Liar Game now has it's own section, this thread will serve as it's Hangout thread. Any minor topic that doesn't really deserve it's own thread can be discussed here

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Akiyama's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone know if Shinobu Kaitani uses twitter? I know some other manga artists are using them. Don't know if he's the type of person though. I would kill to know how long the next hiatus will last.

One reason I think a hiatus is starting now is because there's no more LG to promote. The first page of any LG chapter talks about buying all the volumes and DVDs. The drama for season 2 started last November and ended in January. Then the movie came out in March. I'm sure keeping the manga running had to help these be int he spotlight more, added promotional material. Of course Shinobu has to think of new and interesting games, he never disappointments.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Evil3ye's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Someone mind to explain me what's so good about this manga?
    Like some reasons why one should start reading it

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Bugzee's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

AWESOME! Congrats! It's great to see an official LG forum on MH!

Any chance we could move the LG games into this forum as well!?

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, it certainly is not anything like a generic shonen.... The manga is about the Liar game, an evil corporation basically gathered a significant amount of people to play a number of games.... Win the game and you can make a profit, lose and you end up with a ridiculous debt to an evil corporation which will do whatever it takes to get back its money´s worth. The games involve strategy, psycology and can either bring out the best or worst in people. Seeing how each game is played is just beautiful.... not sure if this helps.

Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ponder in the Liar Game Lobby

Yay, it's great to have a forum...especially these latest developments

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Evil3ye View Post
    It's tense, well written, and suspenseful - the mangaka has a good understanding of psychology and knows a lot about gambling, giving each round of the game a lot of depth. If you are interested in reading a suspense/thriller manga this is one of the better ones. I haven't read since Shrimpy stopped translating so I don't know about recent chapters ^^;

MH's Most Awesome Staffer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ustegius's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

YAY, own section. I don't have anything to say though. Hope it'll be active, and lure in new LG readers.

EDIT: Someone who knows how to willing to make a favorite character poll? There isn't one yet ^^
    Last edited by Ustegius; July 04, 2010 at 03:50 PM.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Akiyama's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

@Ustegius - Let me change this thread into a favorite character one, give me some time.

Some data on how many volumes in circulation over the years.

May 2009) Liar Game - 8 volumes total - 3,000,000
    Dec 2009) Liar Game - 10 volumes total - 3,800,000
    May 2010) Liar Game - 11 volumes total - 4,300,000
    Last edited by Akiyama; July 04, 2010 at 11:22 PM.

Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Evil3ye View Post
    I guess the incredible tactics that needed to be employed to win each game...tactics, psychology

I wrote a review here on MH...feel free to check it out, and not just you...then enjoy!

New Reply
Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast