Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128
New Reply
Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Ponder in the Liar Game Lobby

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member hibar90's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Liar Game Hang-Out Thread

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Well, it certainly is not anything like a generic shonen....
    Maybe because it's seinen lol

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ponder in the Liar Game Lobby

This might sound dumb for I lot of people here but I just notice all the games played in the manga are slight variations of real life games.... Musical chairs is kinda obvious but minority rule has been a subject of psychological discussions.... Virus outbreak has some of that too... I googled the contraband game and I found a 1960s board game about it (I want it so bad , perhaps it is still out there is a store). Russian rullete and 4 card poker are kinda obvious too....

Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

^^very true...what I like most about this games, are the special rules added to each game...I mean in the contraband game, there was the personal talking stage...that's where the shit went down, it was great

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Arrogance's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

NICE!!! This manga finally gets it own section! I'm so happy! If I'm happy I can only imagine how excited Akiyama is . Really glad that this manga is getting a place of its own.

In regards to the point you made kkck yes it is very true. Besides it just being coincidence, if you look at the grand picture, the Liar Game company needs to explain rules to so many different people. I wonder if the reason why they may pick games based off of other ones is in order to make the rule explanation easier for those participating? I dunno but thats just an idea. Are there any other benefits anyone can think of in regards to the games actually being based on something instead of just randomly being fabricated out of nothingness???

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I was under the impression that a second set of roots of Akiyama manga chapters were released a few months ago. Is there anywhere where I can get them?

Quote Originally Posted by Arrogance View Post
    NICE!!! This manga finally gets it own section! I'm so happy! If I'm happy I can only imagine how excited Akiyama is . Really glad that this manga is getting a place of its own.

In regards to the point you made kkck yes it is very true. Besides it just being coincidence, if you look at the grand picture, the Liar Game company needs to explain rules to so many different people. I wonder if the reason why they may pick games based off of other ones is in order to make the rule explanation easier for those participating? I dunno but thats just an idea. Are there any other benefits anyone can think of in regards to the games actually being based on something instead of just randomly being fabricated out of nothingness???
    Well, fabricating the games is bound to be quite harder than just using variations of them (for the author). In that sense, it makes sense. Wonder if the hiatus is meant so that the author can look for and plan the games.... It is not just about finding a game and putting it in the manga, the necessary changes need to be made and a plothole-less resolution to the games is kinda of an absolute necessity here.

One thing that I have commented on before but yet no one responded is the possibility that akiyama being a participant in the liar game is no coincidence. Lets take a look at what happened. First nao apparently randomly got an invitation to the game. Then she gets a lawer, which we later found out is employed for the LGT, who "suggested" help from a professional swindler. Seems innocent and random enough too considering the sheer surprise the fake lawer showed but this is when things get a tad interesting. We later found out a bit about akiyama's story, his mother was tricked into a piramid skim and ended up considerably in debt and eventually died. Akiyama then proceeded to get a job under the corporation who tricked his mom and made sure to bankrupt it which got him into prison. The problem with akiyama's mom was that she was far too trusting with people, you could go as far as saying she was foolishly honest. So what happens the second akiyama gets out of prison? A foolishly honest girl who was tricked by an evil corporation appears right in front of him and begs for his help. Is it reasonable to assume all of this was a mere coincidence? It's far too perfect the way it all worked out.

What I am saying is, akiyama being in the game is not an accident. Rather than the whole thing being a coincidence, nao and akiyama were manipulated into the game from the start. First the LGT had to look for someone who could lure akiyama into the game. Knowing akiyama (which must be a given if he was purposedly lured into the game) they must have known he was a logical and calculating guy meaning tricking him into the game was not going to be like tricking the other worthless peons who make up most of the players. So, in order to lure him and make him stay they had to create a situation which would have enough appeal for him to consider playing the game. To do this, they needed a legitimate weakness. Akiyama, being vastly different from the rest of oompa loompas which regularly make up society, was not one to be lured by greed alone so they obviously needed more than just scare him or appeal to his greed. So the LGT started looking into his past and found his foolishly honest mom. They had found his weakness, so they set out to look for someone whom he could relate to his own mother. Eventually they found nao. Nao, being foolishly was easily manipulated by the LGT and got to akiyama. Akiyama, seeing a foolishly honest girl in trouble could not help but help. Now, the issue here is that akiyama was never actually invited into the game. Even under this scenario there is no guarantee akiyama would end up playing the game. Rather, he'd just win the first round for nao and not hear from him again. Even if nao did continue he did not have an actual invitation to the game so he could not join. He was actually about to stop his involvement in the game but then something happened. The lawer tricked nao into actually going to the place where the second round would take place and was later forced into the game. At this point we found out about a new rule. A player could actually have someone take his place in the game. More than that, by doing so responsability from debts is immediatly completely transfered to whoever chooses to take someones place. Basically, there was actually a mechanism that could ensure akiyama had the means to become a permanent player. Perhaps the original idea was that akiyama would take nao's place in the game rather than that of that unseen woman.

Another thing which I found interesting is that yokoya was not a player from the start of the game. He actually joined the game by the revival round by taking the place of someone else apparently. How did such a thing happen? Perhaps yokoya had a number of similar circumstances which would convenintly lure him into the game.
    Last edited by kkck; July 12, 2010 at 12:03 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Akiyama's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Shueisha September volume releases.
    As you can tell Liar Game 13 is being released Sept. 17th. This is great news since it signifies the ending of the hiatus. Shinobu will most likely come back in very soon in order to promote the volume. He did the same thing last year.

*evil stare at kkck*

7. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Yep...this hiatus news was pretty abrupt for me, and especially my bro, who is a huge fan...and we even had to wait for the last chapter...thx for the great news...are hiatuses this long?...I mean is there a reason to suspect Shinobu is preparing for a final grand arc?

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Great news, I can barely wait..... I guess the revival round is next, can't imagine what sort of game they will play.... Go monopoly!

**Wonders about the mean looks***

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Okay, while we wait for the hiatus to end, you could play the minority rule game at MH. Located in the fun forum, the minority game is the same from the manga. We vote as players and make alliances for every round to see who is left standing. It's very fun, please join us, new game is soon to start and with lots of members makes it more enjoyable.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Issue #42 of Young Jump is publishing an interview with Erika Toda and Shota Matsuda. It's for the release of Liar Game: The Final Stage movie. No word of the hiatus ending yet. Shinobu seems to be busy with his other manga which is getting a drama adaptation.

Kaitani Shinobu on Twitter @mangakap His blog is located as his website.
    Last edited by Akiyama; September 23, 2010 at 10:31 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow thanks so much for all the help. :P I only just found out about the show in October and since then I have been SO addicted! Is the sequel to the liar game manga going to be released next year? And where can I read the liar game manga without having to download? Thanks ^^

About the movie, it really is very interesting but the teasers and the trailers aren't really true... There is practically NO romance and Nao didn't say that she was X. Right now I am watching the season 2 Round 4.

Liar Game is SO AWESOME!!!!! I only wish there was more romance!

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Macedonia
    Post Thanks / Like

The hiatus has taken far too long, just saying this never mind. I had to go and re-check some stuff about this manga I almost forgot what the art looked like. I was searching for a quote and I noticed this, although Liar Game is a manga where you can forget the art, because it concentrates more on the story, it was good either way though I got both informations.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

are we sure its just a hiatus and not cancelled?
    i mean we got no info at all...no message that it is on hiatus, no explanatory statement why, no info how long etc.

Uchuujin 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

We got some info thanks to Akiyama and Salad They confirm that Shinobu's planning to continue the series this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Akiyama View Post
    I have been checking Shinobu's twitter and I believe he says Liar Game will resume next year. He is taking a break right now and is going to hire 2 new assistants. I will be asking saladesu to confirm all this to be certain.
    Quote Originally Posted by saladesu View Post
    Yup, that's right I think he's probably hiring those 2 new assistants specifically so he can handle the "additional" workload of Liar Game next year. If anyone's interested and living in Japan, he's asking for applications on twitter, btw :P

16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Macedonia
    Post Thanks / Like

I feel this board lacks discussions because of the hiatus, I will do my best to set up some discussions I hope those that read this manga will help this forum get more active, Liar Game is a manga that just cries for a discussion. Come on people lets get the ball rolling.

New Reply
Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast