Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/14/14 - 4/20/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by kewl0210
New Reply
Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Ponder in the Liar Game Lobby

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Xerous's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Liar Game by Kaitani Shinobu

Yokoya since they haven't revealed the 2nd infected person several things could happen

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

but yokoya's team was top 3 so theyre ostensibly not infected

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Xerous's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

no that was the sample round everything has been reset and they have yet to reveal the 2nd infected person

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sherlock Holmes's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sherlock Holmes View Post
    Akiyama didn't want to attract attention, and that's why he couldn't cure Akagi? I call bullshit.

Everyone knows those 3 are working together. Curing him wouldn't have been a problem.
    No, more importantly, even if they didn't notice them until that point...It wouldn't matter.

So why didn't they do it? Because they had no reason to. Akagi is infected, we know that.

And that's good. That's how they can mess up Yokoya's scheme.

It's easy to figure it out. After one round of contacts, they are going to be +3, +3, +2 and +1. That part is true. What no one sees is the "after" part.

Yokoya is accepting people to join up with them until he gets 4 vaccines, then he will end the so called partnership.

When that happens, assuming that one infected player contact them, the result will be:
    +3, +3, +2 and +1(after one person goes with them)

But why should the others join Yokoya? After all, they can join with Akiyama and co!

Of course, this assumes that the player that joins Yokoya's team is actually infected. But that's the thing. Akiyama has an infected player to use. He just has to send Akagi there.
    Then Akagi will be cured from the virus, and after that he can go back to Akiyama's side.
    With 9 people, and only 1 infected, all 9 of them can get 4 vaccines(including the infected one) and survive.

Then those Yokoya and co are going to rot.

That's what I think Akiyama is doing. He is going to destroy Yokoya's plan using Akagi, the infected player.

Yokoya's plan is going to fail because of Akiyama and Akagi.

Well, thinking about it logically, that's what I would do if I was on his situation.
    My predictions were more or less right. Great!
    I don't see why Akiyama didn't just send Akagi there instead of stopping everyone. That way, he would have crushed Yokoya right there -_- He used stopping everyone as his primary plan, and Akagi as his secondary. I'd have gone the other way around.
    Last edited by Sherlock Holmes; November 13, 2009 at 08:32 PM.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Akiyama's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Xerous View Post
    no that was the sample round everything has been reset and they have yet to reveal the 2nd infected person
    The reward for finishing in the top 3 was not to be infected in the actual round. Yokoya and the other 2 are not infected.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Iffy's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, I don't think Akiyama should've had Akagi go over there. For one reason: if he would have gone, there would have been nothing to stop the others to go too, until there were six in Yokoya's group and a win for him.

Oh, poor Nao. No one EVER believes her...ever. *Sigh*

Anyway, I have no idea what they'll do to find out who the other infected person to do...if it's not Akiyama himself. Which would be awful in my opinion. Why? Oh, because he didn't tell Nao or Akagi and he is only prolonging everyone's despair and defeat.......for the moment.

MH's Most Friendly Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity destiny4ever's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Chapter 91

-I’m finally all caught with Liar Game and I so can’t wait for the next chapter!!! Liar Game is definitely one of my favorite manga series. I love it!

-Akiyama vs. Yokoya was awesome. I adored the way in which Akiyama impeded Yokoya from getting allies in this round. Akiyama is so smart and amazing, isn’t he?

-I’m enjoying the little Ms. Mummy vs. Mr. Mask that is going on inside the monitor room. I like how Mr. Mask is rooting for Akiyama while Ms. Mummy is rooting for Yokoya. It is very interesting to read their POVs about Akiyama vs. Yokoya.

-I know Nao is naive, super positive, trusting, and kind, but sometimes she is too much!!

-I wonder who the other infected person is, I think is the muscular guy but I'm not sure...

-I can’t wait to read chapter 92!!
    Last edited by destiny4ever; November 14, 2009 at 10:49 PM.
    Thank you so much for my cute avy GenjiChan and for my awesome sig, Reverzer0!

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Onicchi's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Eh. Things would be so much easier if they would just listen to Nao. Seriously.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Raysen_ht's Avatar
    Sky... if u look carefully u will find me
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

I think that the guy who moved to not be the closest one to Yokoya is the other infected one, he was the only one who moved when akiyama suggested that the person who joins Yokoya´s group is most likely an infected one...
    A melhor thread, com as melhores pessoas, os melhores assuntos na melhor língua
    ___________Portuguese thread v.14 Entre e conheça!!__________

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Teeba's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Onicchi View Post
    I know, she makes so much sense I'm amazed they don't even stop to think about why she's managed to make it up until the fourth round. xDD

But I guess this is where human nature prevails/falls. On one had, there's no reason not to be cautious, but on the other hand, honesty is the best policy.

What I love about the Infection Game is that its so similar to the first revival round, but so many of the cautions and restrictions are made purely through people's anxiety and doubt for everyone else. If people's boundaries were made visible in this game, I'd imagine the room would look like a labyrinth.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Iffy's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Onicchi View Post
    Actually, if you think about it...it really isn't.

Not only is this the final Revival Round, in all of the members' eyes (besides Yokoya, Nao, and Akiyama), this is their last chance to stay in the game at the slightest chance to decrease their debt. That small glimmer of hope of surviving and getting out of all of this clean is what's keeping their sanity, but at the price of being easily manipulated. People like Akiyama and Yokoya will absolutely prevail (or fail, depending on the situation) throughout this because they have so many, er, pawns and scenarios to deal with at once.

I say pawns because, if you think about it, most of these people just look like ordinary citizens dragged into a hellish game of lies, with only a few good manipulators and geniuses to go around. And then there's Nao. XD If there is a connection between any of them, I don't see it. Also, I still do ponder about what lies at the end of all of this...it'd be interesting to see what, if anything, is the prize.

Also, why is it that the Liar Game officials are assigned to different people? Like that lady to Yokoya? What's the point?

Ooooh! Guys! The latest chapter is out!!

Trust is the name of the game, and so far they're screwed. But his little game, if I think he's going to use it like I think he will, will be ingenious. He's already got everyone mesmerized and focused on HIM. Not on the game OR an Infected. ^_^

If I think he's doing what I think he's doing, then someone isn't gong to be able to stay quiet and will fall under the pressure to reveal themselves as the other Infected. In all likelihood, Akagi will be the guinea pig...and it'll really push Akagi and Akiyama's trust of one another, not to mention the rest of their group.

Oh, and this manga is so aaaah!! I. Hate. Cliffhangers. Like. This. Gaaaah! (XD)
    Last edited by Iffy; November 18, 2009 at 11:31 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Why didn't they tell everyone Akagi's infect, have the 3 of them contact, and when the results from the round went up, everyone would see that they were telling the truth?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sherlock Holmes's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pointlessness413 View Post
    Why didn't they tell everyone Akagi's infect, have the 3 of them contact, and when the results from the round went up, everyone would see that they were telling the truth?
    Because Akagi is a weapon...More importantly, I'm not 100% sure Akiyama believes Akagi is infected. More importantly...Uh, it wouldn't be as fun. But seriously, it doesn't many much sense...I don't think Akagi is infected. Akiyama could have won by sending Akagi over to Yokoya and screwed him up, so why didn't he? Because he couldn't. That's my guess.

Ah, I have no idea what the hell Akiyama is doing...But his magic trick...Is not a trick at all. Pure physics. He is using the frequency of his movements to make it seem like magic. I do it myself sometimes, to impress and annoy people.

http://blog.dotphys.net/2008/10/reso...a-magic-trick/

That explains it better than I could. As long as you did not fail grade 11 physics, you should be fine.

No idea how determines who was the infected one though...Unless he just outright bluffs his way through that, pretending to be a wizard/or lie about how the pendulum trick works.
    Last edited by Sherlock Holmes; November 19, 2009 at 12:53 AM.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Akiyama's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm thinking he is going to do his trick on who he suspects is infected. By walking around, he could read their expressions and body language and then selecting a player. We know he is very good at this from round 3. Having a psychology major is like child's' play when figuring out the reason behind the other players actions.

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Dive's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Just started reading this today, and finished volume 2. Very good so far. I can see why I enjoy this so much, because the creator of the series did One Outs, one my favorite anime. I hope someday it gets released stateside so I can properly give the manga it's dues (that and One Outs too...both would be rad).
    To die by your side
    Well, the pleasure - the privilege is mine

New Reply
Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast