Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Ponder in the Liar Game Lobby

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Liar Game by Kaitani Shinobu

Hey, finally caught up to this manga! nice move from akiyama's part in the last chapter. Now the only chance yokoya has of making his group win is to really gain the trust of his teammates and act solely in that. No one really trust yokoya or anyone in his group so that is not gonna happen. Yokoya might try to get those who already have what they need to win, yet it is highly unlikely. They refused nao solely as a precaution because her offer was too good, there is no reason for them to join yokoya considering they know for a fact he is an asshole. As for akiyama's next move, I am guessing he will try to get at least one more member. Basically he needs someone to to get nao that extra number to reach the +4. Now, getting someone to leave yokoya's group should be hard. Why would they leave the group that was winning for a group which pulled a last desperate stunt? They wouldn't. On top of that, even under the assumption that yokoya manages to get trust it wouldn't even matter. Without the rooms yokoya or his teammates can never be 100% sure of anything. On top of that it was already within yokoya's plan to throw someone to the wolves. This is key. Akiyama has a +5 meaning he has a vaccine to spare. Even if he is infected he would just use a vaccine and win. Akiyama's win should be easy now, instead of whichhunting the infected and get a normal team, all he needs to do is get the infected player to join his team and make contact with him. Once the infected player contacts with akiyama, he becomes normal, and on top of that he can make contact with nao. Even if the player who joins akiyama's team is not infected, akiyama simply gets a +6 and a teammate who can contact with nao. At this point they can just start a contact orgy and everyone wins -except yokoya who will sulk in a corner while sucking his thumb-.

edit: I just noticed if akiyama contacts with an infected he would use two vaccines. One to cure the infected and one to cure himself. That would not change much though. Thsi gets rid of the infected overall, nao gets her extra vaccine and finally akiyama can go normal hunting with whoever he wants. In the situation an actual normal makes contact with him then he just gets +6 and a contact for nao. Either way, akiyama should have this in the bad and there is not much yokoya can do unless he gets the infected in his group to not side with akiyama.

Ignore last part, never really noticed that there were chapters beyond 99 until a second ago. I haven't found the translated versions though...
    Last edited by kkck; February 01, 2010 at 04:37 PM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ~FrienD~'s Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

I predict nao and 4eyes aren't in the room but instead they got muscle and grease to cooperate and is already inside the rooms, so yokoya and group would panic bec they don't know their status and decides to go to muscle and grease to make contact but instead found nao and 4eyes, now yokoya group left without any choice makes contact with nao and 4eyes getting them +4normal.

this is not a spoiler its a prediction.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Micronesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Scans for chapter 100 and 101 are out in onemanga =D

Akiyama is awesome as always. However, it is funny that Yokoya is very careless this arc. It is so unlike him. I guess he is desperate, which leads to hasty decision.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Amzy's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Liar Game Roots of A #2 just came out! Raw download link is up on Raw Paradise or you can grab it at the mirror link I provided here: http://www.mediafire.com/?ljgjwwmmgoz.

I didn't even know there was one in the making so I was pretty excited when I saw that link up at RP. 8D
    Last edited by Amzy; February 15, 2010 at 12:36 PM.

5. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Micronesia
    Post Thanks / Like

i just read the scans for chapter 102...

Spoiler: rants show

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Drmke's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

I started reading Liar Game about an hour ago. I'm on like like chapter 11 so I'm completely ignoring every post here, but I just felt like saying that's its a lot better than I thought it would be I'll probably be completely caught up in a day or two then I will join you all in the convo.

OCCUPY THE WORLD

I got by Kaiten.
    <%M3J> Though I wouldn't mind Sari dominating me.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Bugzee's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I've started reading Liar Game like Drmke lol not too long ago! It's a good manga; I find that some chapters drag on a bit with the explanations lol and gosh all the maths that's involved xD. Nao is bloody irratating most of the time but luckily Akiyama always comes to the rescue lol!

Country
    Micronesia
    Post Thanks / Like

i was very happy when i find chapter 103 scanlation
    Lots of thanks for the scanlators!

Spoiler show

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I got to say that I read it for quite some time now at least about one year and I like it. Especially because it's something else though I don't like that art very much (but I got used to it ).
    I'm reading it on onemanga and now the question: Is 103 the latest chapter or only the latest scanlation?

Btw: Did anyone read Death Note or Doubt? I can only recommend those two. I came across Liar Game because of Death Note.

The panda-bears rocking all over the world!

11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Intl Translator 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member GEshode's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I just started reading it. I also only have read the first volume (6 chapters, I think), but I have to say, that I love it. I heard about it before, but never really read it. Then I saw the Minority Rule game in the Fun Forum read the rules and kinda wanted to read the manga, and I have to say it really is a smart manga. I just love logical thinking, like it is done by Akiyama.

If you eliminate the impossible, what ever remains, how ever improbable, must be the thruth!
    The GEshode Thread
    The journey, which is called life

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Amzy's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dice View Post
    Btw: Did anyone read Death Note or Doubt? I can only recommend those two. I came across Liar Game because of Death Note.
    I watched Death Note. I like Liar Game better though. How's Doubt, by the way? It sounds interesting and I plan to read it, but it'd be nice to hear what others thought about it.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Drmke's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

No discussing any other series other than Liar Game in this thread. In further off topic posts will be deleted.

OCCUPY THE WORLD

I got by Kaiten.
    <%M3J> Though I wouldn't mind Sari dominating me.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member fanatik's Avatar
    Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

Yikes Re: Liar Game by Kaitani Shinobu

Quote Originally Posted by Dice View Post
    Is 103 the latest chapter or only the latest scanlation?
    The latter. The latest chapter's 123 where the game takes a break after 15 periods and Yokoya and Samue are... well, not spoilering any further
    Right now I can't decide whether to read this manga or not, so I'm kinda reading the reviews and opinions. I was asked to translate the latest chapter by a friend which I did (yeah, without knowing the first thing about it thankfully, it wasn't anything difficult ), and that's why this dilemma has risen. I'm not exactly impressed with the art and I can't say the plot has blown my mind... but it looks interesting nevertheless...

Country
    Micronesia
    Post Thanks / Like

@fanatik: are you the guy who uploaded Liar Game chapter 123 to mangatraders a while ago?
    I am very surprised when i saw that chapter... i thought there are other scanlators working on Liar Game and i was about to ask about it here.

Is that the individual chapter you were working on by yourself?

... if yes, does that mean chapter 103 (not counting ch 123) really is the furthest english scans floating around in the net right now?

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

How many LG chapters are there in total? There have been 123 chapters in MH but that has been there for a while.

New Reply
Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast