Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Ponder in the Liar Game Lobby

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Akiyama's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Liar Game by Kaitani Shinobu

Liar Game Chapter 85, This chapter came out in Japan right when the H1N1 virus was freaking out everyone so Kaitani Shinobu has amazing timing . I wonder how many vaccines you are given at the beginning when you press that active button. I think that will be your reward for finishing at the top of the simulation round. That's the time I hope to understand how a player can guarantee a win since there's always a trick to figure out for success. Akiyama and Yokoya are planning and racing each other to see who will figure it out first.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Xerous's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

some reason i have a feeling yokoya wont move on

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Onicchi's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Just a question: It appears that 106 was just put up on this site, and then taken down. 105 was the same way earlier. Anyone know what's going on with the uploads?

Scanlator 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Kajii's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

here liar game root of A volume 1 by one scanlations so enjoy ^_^

http://onescans.wordpress.com/2009/1...mplete-volume/

sorry i did try apply as new group here but i have wait until they approve me

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

anyone knows why there haven't been any scanslations for some time now?

edit: error fixed so no can can point out that i made an obvious mistake which in turn would make my implicit statement in my second post("i can good english") sound like trolling.
    Last edited by HamsterofDeath; October 19, 2009 at 02:33 AM.

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Shrimpy was translating for Null. He no longer translates anything and no one else has picked it up full time.

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

A month has gone by and we have 86 & 87 by cityShrimp!!! I'll just give you a short analysis of what I thought. :P

Chapter 86 - Nao really did have a good idea, the two infected identify each other, problem solved, to bad no one other than Akiyama and Akagi know that Nao really does want to save everyone. But then the most diabolical player shows up, what's this , Yokoya actually wants help Nao with her idea, DON'T do it Nao, he is a LIAR!!! *sigh* There she goes again, believing in the wrong person. Best moment of this chapter was when Akiyama made contact with Yokoya, That evil smirk of him and the emotionless Akiyama was a great scene. Akiyama knew that he was infected and let him go with the plan, that's just amazing. blah blah blah Everyone contacts all other players and vaccines should be like taking candy from a baby. Look at this, Nao is infected, what a surprise, not!

Chapter 87 - Let us talk about those nicknames Akiyama - Ex-con, half of this statement is true since he's not afraid to get his hands dirty from time to time. Poor Baldy, he looks so depressed, must be in the deep debt in the tournament. Nao - Only Girl, I never even thought about this, this could help her in the game since the other team mates might have faith in a female. I also think Shinobu Kaitani position the players in groups of two on this first page.
    Yokoya's team - Grease, Fatty, Four Eyes, Sneak, Muscle, Bangs!
    Akiyama's team - Ex-con, Young Jump, Only Girl, Baldy, Headband Giant
    Yokoya is just a ------- (use your imagination), he not doesn't even care about the money, all he wants to do is take down Akiyama, Nao , okay he wants to take them both down but this time he's after Nao. Breaking up cooperation as a group which result in arguments is what Yokoya has succeeded in doing. So Kurifugi (mask lady) tells us how it was all done. Yokoya used the his money to entangle Bangs and Fatty within his web of lies. Giving the person comfort by telling him that he could revive their debt and work as a team to safely leave this game If only they knew the truth that Yokoya loves this game and will never quit.

Akiyama has not spoken a single word in the past chapters. What is he thinking?, did he also approach other players before the game start? Why did he go along with Nao's plan? How will he save the day? I can't wait for more scans

So this Liar Game Invitation volume will be basically a data book about the profiles, Players age (Yokoya is 20) past, debt, etc.
    And Volume 10 of Liar Game will be out November 4th.

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I read the new translators blog and he said, and I paraphrase, I did not realize raws were not cleaned by the raw providers." Fail. If they do a properly cleaned V2 I will read. If not I will wait for someone else to pick it up

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Iffy's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

So, it seems that Chapter 88 is out!

Huh...I wonder how the first two scenarios will play out...if they play out at all in the real deal. The third scenario is what Yokoya is aiming for and, hopefully, it'll be thwarted somehow by Akiyama and Nao before too much damage is done...

If anything, I see everyone being very, VERY wary in the beginning, refusing to come into contact with anyone (except for Yokoya and his lackeys). Of course, that puts them in the lead, but I don't see how any of the other players will have the courage to actually make contact after what happened in the simulation...

Gah! I can't wait for the next chapter! Thank you Cityshrimp for this chapter!

Great chapter nonetheless.

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

roots threw me off a little doesn't his classmates look exactly like his previous opponents and why does the second ch. show ppl we don't know?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Iffy's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, I would think (er..hope) it has some relevance to Akiyama's and/or Nao's past and maybe even how the Liar Game was thought of/created. (The weird fortuneteller guy could've been dragged in by that lady who wants his skills for her clients. Whatever information he gave those clients could've started all of this.)

The Green Disease was the most odd for me though. I mean, its relevance to me is unknown. Maybe it's that these kids haven't found their place in life and this game could help them? (*sigh* I don't know...)

If they do look similar, then I wonder...

Also, I can't help but want to get back to the games. (Not that the Roots of A aren't interesting.) The suspense of not knowing how it'll all play out is killing me! XD

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I would run to Yokoya's group if I was normal since I would pass to the next round, as long as the other player wasn't infected.
    Yokoya has made a tempting offer, I can't see the flaw in his plan, what am I missing. >.<
    +2+2+2 (right now group of 3)
    +3+3+3+3 (4 people)
    +4+4+4+4+4 (5 people)

The rules states if you have 4 vaccines then you are guaranteed to advance to the next round.
    The 6 people rule only comes into play when the group didn't produce enough vaccines.
    (+7+6+5+4+3+3)+2+2+1+1+1+1 So the ones in () advance to the next round.
    I'm sure this will come into effect in the game and Akiyama will use this strategy.
    Last edited by Akiyama; November 10, 2009 at 12:39 AM.

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by I'm_Akiyama View Post
    I would run to Yokoya's group if I was normal since I would pass to the next round, as long as the other player wasn't infected.
    Yokoya has made a tempting offer, I can't see the flaw in his plan, what am I missing. >.<
    +2+2+2 (right now group of 3)
    +3+3+3+3 (4 people)
    +4+4+4+4+4 (5 people)

The rules states if you have 4 vaccines then you are guaranteed to advance to the next round.
    The 6 people rule only comes into play when the group didn't produce enough vaccines.
    (+7+6+5+4+3+3)+2+2+1+1+1+1 So the ones in () advance to the next round.
    I'm sure this will come into effect in the game and Akiyama will use this strategy.
    the fact that one of his men could be infected

Quote Originally Posted by Iffy View Post
    Well, I would think (er..hope) it has some relevance to Akiyama's and/or Nao's past and maybe even how the Liar Game was thought of/created. (The weird fortuneteller guy could've been dragged in by that lady who wants his skills for her clients. Whatever information he gave those clients could've started all of this.)

The Green Disease was the most odd for me though. I mean, its relevance to me is unknown. Maybe it's that these kids haven't found their place in life and this game could help them? (*sigh* I don't know...)

If they do look similar, then I wonder...

Also, I can't help but want to get back to the games. (Not that the Roots of A aren't interesting.) The suspense of not knowing how it'll all play out is killing me! XD
    i'm starting to think it's about the fortune teller alone his name starts with an A as well

i'm hoping some of these characters will be introduced into the actual series
    Last edited by Xerous; November 10, 2009 at 05:06 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sherlock Holmes's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Akiyama didn't want to attract attention, and that's why he couldn't cure Akagi? I call bullshit.

Everyone knows those 3 are working together. Curing him wouldn't have been a problem.
    No, more importantly, even if they didn't notice them until that point...It wouldn't matter.

So why didn't they do it? Because they had no reason to. Akagi is infected, we know that.

And that's good. That's how they can mess up Yokoya's scheme.

It's easy to figure it out. After one round of contacts, they are going to be +3, +3, +2 and +1. That part is true. What no one sees is the "after" part.

Yokoya is accepting people to join up with them until he gets 4 vaccines, then he will end the so called partnership.

When that happens, assuming that one infected player contact them, the result will be:
    +3, +3, +2 and +1(after one person goes with them)

But why should the others join Yokoya? After all, they can join with Akiyama and co!

Of course, this assumes that the player that joins Yokoya's team is actually infected. But that's the thing. Akiyama has an infected player to use. He just has to send Akagi there.
    Then Akagi will be cured from the virus, and after that he can go back to Akiyama's side.
    With 9 people, and only 1 infected, all 9 of them can get 4 vaccines(including the infected one) and survive.

Then those Yokoya and co are going to rot.

That's what I think Akiyama is doing. He is going to destroy Yokoya's plan using Akagi, the infected player.

Yokoya's plan is going to fail because of Akiyama and Akagi.

Well, thinking about it logically, that's what I would do if I was on his situation.
    Last edited by Sherlock Holmes; November 10, 2009 at 05:28 PM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Xerous View Post
    the fact that one of his men could be infected
    Are you talking about Yokoya or Akiyama?

Liar Game season 2 episode 1 raw is on youtube
    already taken down, but the OP is still up.
    Last edited by Akiyama; November 14, 2009 at 02:23 AM.

New Reply
Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast