Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 11 of 41 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Veritas by Yoon Joon Sik and Kim Dong Hoon

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Veritas by YOON Joon-sik and KIM Dong-hoon

Quote Originally Posted by dbgohan08 View Post
    is volume 10 out?
    Not yet, but probably in the middle of december if you check out the dates of the uploaded volumes so far.

Chap 58 is out!
    Last edited by Patta; November 09, 2009 at 02:09 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

2. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Katz's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Where can u read it at?

Country
    Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Katz View Post
    Where can u read it at?
    You can download it her:
    http://helz0ne.zone-anime.com/forum/...ead.php?t=1803

or you can wait 48 hours before it appears on OneManga

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Ahh ok, didnt know about the whole 48hr thing, thanks - and of course after reading chap. 58 its right there on the extra page /facepalm

Anyhow, a rather epic chapter IMHO, not gonna spoiler anything but Gangryong is rapidly improving.
    Last edited by Katz; November 10, 2009 at 04:53 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member sabret00the's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Not a bad chapter, but why does it feel like there's been no progress for Gangryong in 20 chapters. I know he's showing some growth, but he's showing zero advancement. he's just getting stronger while remaining the weakest.
    *Have you taken a look at Onepunch-Man? You should consider it, it's a great manga!

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Good way to put it "he's just getting stronger while remaining the weakest.", hopefully this will change.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member CaptFamous's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Katz View Post
    Good way to put it "he's just getting stronger while remaining the weakest.", hopefully this will change.
    Good way to put it, but not really accurate. Is he really the weakest, or is he just fighting stronger and stronger opponents? Think he'd still lose to the Life Wisher? And anyway, this isn't one of those basic fight-to-the-top stories. At no point did Gangryong say that his goal was to beat everyone and rule the school; he usually specifically says that he doesn't care. This is probably exactly how he wants it to be going.

There are a lot of different things happening, and Gangryong's flying below the radar is a big part of that. Anyone who's just looking to see Gang win fights is missing out.
    I aint the only one who's serious

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I think you're overstating Gangryong's abilities and thus you're overstating the character, the manga and the author. While others have a firm path set out for him, he's simply on a ladder attempting to climb to the top, he wants to desperately accumulate strength, get on an even footing with those at the top and avenge Lightning Tiger. Yes he's attempting to go somewhat under the rader of the school, but there's no one in the student council who hasn't got a handle on him and his level of ability. Of course he cares about being the strongest, but not as to rule the school, you're right in that regard.
    *Have you taken a look at Onepunch-Man? You should consider it, it's a great manga!

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sabret00the View Post
    I think you're overstating Gangryong's abilities and thus you're overstating the character, the manga and the author. While others have a firm path set out for him, he's simply on a ladder attempting to climb to the top, he wants to desperately accumulate strength, get on an even footing with those at the top and avenge Lightning Tiger. Yes he's attempting to go somewhat under the rader of the school, but there's no one in the student council who hasn't got a handle on him and his level of ability. Of course he cares about being the strongest, but not as to rule the school, you're right in that regard.
    I'm not sure exactly how I overstated his abilities. I think you were understating his progress, considering how far behind he was when he got there, and how close he is to the student council now. I wasn't trying to say that he's some sort of tactical genius, as much as I was saying that Gangryong surpassing everyone and beating people up isn't what Veritas is really about.

I do think that this story is a lot more well-written and well-thought-out than most people on these boards give it credit for. For any weaknesses it may have as a stereotypical hero story, it compensates, and then some, with the complex interplay of all of the rivalries. In short, not only do I not think that Gangryong's lack of ascendance to the top is a bad thing, but I actually think it's a better story because he's not Ichigoing his way through the student council.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Well as expected Gangryong lost to Hayato, to think even after all that flashy techniques, hayato still managed to reverse his powers back. After that last attack I thought lol Hayato's gonna be damaged but gang went down again
    Seriously how many noteworthy ppl has he defeated here? none i presume, when will the popular kids gonna start fallin down by his hands

besides we're all forgetting about that that Guhoo guyy, last time his hand was sliced by Rud. He was stronger than Rud's expectations in the last battle, and this time as well I presume he's gonna get stronger than before

The Original 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice chapter it was, I never expected Gangy to even hurt Hayato. By me reckoning he should be no. 2. Northern Strike Board is considered to be rivaling Heaven Riches something.

Gangryong has indeed improved a lot. Its just as someone said above, he is fighting tougher and more powerful opponents. It will feel odd if he just starts to defeat top tier students in just 50+ chapters.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it's time for him to learn a form. That'll appease me at least.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member skitzophr3ak's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I started reading Veritas over again the other day and something struck me that I had forgotten about. Early on when Gangryong is first brought to Reunion and he has his first conversation with Fire Dragon about who killed Lightning Tiger, Fire Dragon says he won't reveal the answer until Gangryong is as strong as Lightning Tiger. Which kinda makes you wonder just how strong our boy is getting considering Fire Dragon has recently pretty much told Gangryong that Yuri was the one that killed him.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by skitzophr3ak View Post
    I started reading Veritas over again the other day and something struck me that I had forgotten about. Early on when Gangryong is first brought to Reunion and he has his first conversation with Fire Dragon about who killed Lightning Tiger, Fire Dragon says he won't reveal the answer until Gangryong is as strong as Lightning Tiger. Which kinda makes you wonder just how strong our boy is getting considering Fire Dragon has recently pretty much told Gangryong that Yuri was the one that killed him.
    Maybe Yuri was the one LT sacrificed his arm to in order to stop her but maybe a short time after that fight he fought totally weakened against FD and lost to him due to his condition.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by skitzophr3ak View Post
    I think it's a combination of that and manipulation. When Gangryong wasn't strong enough to handle it, he told him so to motivate him to get better. Once Gang became strong enough that FD decided it was worthwhile to test his ability to absorb the lightning ki, he needed to motivate him to do it. If he wanted, he might have been able to just make him touch her by force, but maybe it wouldn't work if Gang wasn't focused.

New Reply
Page 11 of 41 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast