Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 38 of 41 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38 39 40 ... LastLast

Thread: Veritas by Yoon Joon Sik and Kim Dong Hoon

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Arrogance's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Veritas by YOON Joon-sik and KIM Dong-hoon

Holy crap, I just finally read 80 and I gotta say that was epic. Northern Broad Strikes Master is now added to the list of the dead, and then Rud goes and off himself. Sheesh, things are amazing and unexpected but are moving very fast. I honestly find nothing to expect anymore because things change at such a rapid pace now and bad things just keep happening and are like falling bricks. I wonder how everyone will get off the roof top and if anything is going to happen drastic in 81 it has been the case so far with the last several chapters and major things just keep happening.

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity TheMoa's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Is it true that 81 is the last chapter of the series?
    at least it's what says here

MH's Best Reviewer MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Not unless they know something we don't.

The series went on hiatus as of chapter 81, the reason given was that the author lost his assistants. People have said he let them go because he couldn't afford to pay them, but i have yet to find anybody say where they got that information. It's not at all unusual for assistants to leave in order to work on their own series and considering both the author and artist have secondary series going it seems suspicious that money would be the issue. Especially considering that Veritas is serialized in the magazine "Booking" and the publisher hasn't shown any indication of dropping it.

Whatever the reason, at last i heard, Veritas is not over. It's just put on hold till the author or illustrator resolve their assistant problems.

--------------

Oh and for those who are interested in what those secondary series are......

YOON Joon-sik(The Veritas author) is also the author of "Witchcraft Troop"

KIM Dong-hoon(The Veritas artist) is also the artist for "Alice"
    Last edited by Jammin; September 04, 2010 at 11:36 PM.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

5. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shaheer's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

ya i read witchcraft troop didnt seem all that impressive to me ...not on leages with veritas atleast .... i vent tried alice though..
    you know may be the next season will start with another time skip ..with Hayato Honse Lifewisher getting some sure power up.... and gang on the verge of becoming literary the LT 2 or sth ...so what do you guys think?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Chapter 80 (Part II) was released in Korea about 6 months ago. I've posted some of the spoilers from it on the previous page. Hopefully they work something out, but if he hasn't released something out in 6 months/found new assistants, the situation looks bleak on Veritas Part 2 coming out any time soon.

Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

y a i saw that spoiler tag...but i evaded that ..dun like spoilers that much....sadly i hate to admit that veritas part II is a fairy tale atm..hope fully YOON Joon resolves his problems soon and gives us part II but any way that doesnt exempt us from predicting what part II will be abt

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Askia32's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jammin View Post
    Not unless they know something we don't.

The series went on hiatus as of chapter 81, the reason given was that the author lost his assistants. People have said he let them go because he couldn't afford to pay them, but i have yet to find anybody say where they got that information. It's not at all unusual for assistants to leave in order to work on their own series and considering both the author and artist have secondary series going it seems suspicious that money would be the issue. Especially considering that Veritas is serialized in the magazine "Booking" and the publisher hasn't shown any indication of dropping it.

Whatever the reason, at last i heard, Veritas is not over. It's just put on hold till the author or illustrator resolve their assistant problems.

--------------

Oh and for those who are interested in what those secondary series are......

YOON Joon-sik(The Veritas author) is also the author of "Witchcraft Troop"

KIM Dong-hoon(The Veritas artist) is also the artist for "Alice"
    Wow! Man, I took your recommendation and read this manga and fell in love with it. The plot finally really starts to move and the manga is suspended indefinitely? This is cruel...
    2010 World Series Champs SF GIANTS!!!

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

@Askia32
    I'm glad you like it. I consider Veritas the very best in it's genre, apart from maybe Histories Strongest Disciple Kenichi(and i'm not sure those two fit in the same genre really).

--------

I guess it's been long enough that i feel safe talking about what just happened in chapter 80 without spoiling it for anybody.

After giving it some time to sink in i'm pretty pleased with the way things have gone in the last few chapters. It seemed so set up to have a cliche martial arts tournament that i was beginning to forget that Veritas laughs at cliche's. At first i thought it was a rushed knee-jerk kind of plot move but, now that the disbelief has started to wear off, i realize that it really hasn't been. This seems to have been planned waaay back, it's just that none of us saw this coming because we just assumed this couldn't possibly happen. How wrong we were....

As for the causality list itself, i can live with it. I loved Madoka but looking back it's been death flag city for her so i really should have seen that coming. Now i must go resume praying for Shinra survival. Venomous bitch though she may be, every series needs a hot girl so live damn you, LIVE!!

Oh and whatever happened to Yuhwa. She and ill tempered kung fu flesh puppet seem to be MIA thus far.
    Last edited by Jammin; September 06, 2010 at 10:06 AM.

Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

well all of the student aprt from the 9 dragon s were massacred by vera i think Yuhwa and that bandaid guy were in the mess ...and thus KIA

started reading The breaker ...awesome... but the teach leaves in chap 40 ..the chap i am in ...
    there are some similarities with veritas

The Original 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

I hope FD will be able to escape along with Yuri. Though I have been thinking, it could be all a misdirection by the author. I mean, may be elders and Vera are trying to stop Yuri from returning back, as she could be more fatal for others. But killing the innocents cannot be justified and I discarded that theory.

Quote Originally Posted by shaheer View Post
    started reading The breaker ...awesome... but the teach leaves in chap 40 ..the chap i am in ...
    Good that you started reading The Breaker, its awesome. Don't want to be off-topic but just wanted to inform you that they do have some similarities. Although The Breaker's storyline is different as the story progresses. I have seen on many boards threads by the name of LT vs. Gomoonryong. So people do compare them. At this point, I cannot decided which one is better. I love them both.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

well all of the student aprt from the 9 dragon s were massacred by vera i think Yuhwa and that bandaid guy were in the mess ...and thus KIA

I've looked through the last few chapters pretty carefully and i haven't seen any sign of them being in the room during Vera's purge or in the pile of broken humanity afterward. Can't say i feel quite comfortable checking them off as dead just yet.

I agree about the Breaker being pretty good and i can see the similarities between the two, sadly IMHO i don't think it's nearly as good as Veritas. It's characters just don't inspire the same level interest for me that Veritas' manage to. I mean when Madoka fell i think i may have actually made this face.....
    Spoiler show
    Last edited by Jammin; September 06, 2010 at 05:44 PM.

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

ya well madoka s fall was really a ....IDk
    one part of me wanna grieve the hellout ..
    other part of me is like that was stupid..i mean she was looking at vera being so obdurate and a @#$%^&* and (*&^% at least she could have slapped her or anything ...Friendship to the edn when the other one is not caring ws kind a stupid

As for breaker ...i love Breaker ...you know the place i live has the slowest net possible ...i get 4-5 KBps ...compare that ...still i managed to read up to 45 ..considerring this net ..its one of the hall of famers

Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

This last chapter just turned everything around...I don't know if anybody expected something like this...it has been hinted before that Vera is against Yuri, and has a pact with traditionalists, and Rud's conflict with Vera was also developing smoothly...but this massacre, was beyond belief, and I think though Vera did all this, the Reunion will use those dead students in future models of the dummies...that would be even more brutal...I just liked how Gangryong looked like he was totally out of it, I love dumb heroes like him...

And only now I truly understand that Vera's monologues before the mirror weren't just about keeping herself different from Yuri, but was preparing for this massacre...it's ironic though she turned into a similar Demon Lord like her sister

Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

well every one ...not everyone but most are such...they say i am not the same as the other but the end result is the same...only thing thats different is the persons conviction and reason ... thats it...
    Veras reason wasnt all that great either there was no humanitarian higher cause or 'i m doing this to prevent greater damage' or any thing like that
    the verisimilitude between vera and yuri seems to be a lot

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Delbi's Avatar
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

I doubt there dead because theres no way Vera would have been able to kill 5 counsel memebers at once, especially considering Yuhwa and the Mummy are very powerful. Mummy bro has the Natural Wave thing going for him which seems to be a big deal, and they would have certainly been shown on the T.V.

In any event, I'm interested in seeing what happens next. Ruds probably gonna be mourned and Gang will probably do some dumb shit. More deaths maybe?

What pisses me off though is that Rud just offed himself so quickly to save his friends. I mean, granted it was noble, but he should have said something at the very least, I'd think that the strongest of the 9 Dragons and Fire Dragon could put up a good fight and take out the Heavens Riches dudes and then possibly have enough left to fight Vera. I mean, she swore to kill all of them but Gang anyway so why trust her?
    "The line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?” - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

New Reply
Page 38 of 41 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38 39 40 ... LastLast