Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 (2)
New Reply
Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41

Thread: Veritas by Yoon Joon Sik and Kim Dong Hoon

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Serbia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Veritas by Yoon Joon Sik and Kim Dong Hoon

http://comic.naver.com/recommendrevi...hn?reviewId=63

Just wondering if there are any people who know Korean, who can translate this.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Ketsurou's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kagetora View Post
    http://comic.naver.com/recommendrevi...hn?reviewId=63

Just wondering if there are any people who know Korean, who can translate this.

My Korean isn't good enough to directly translate it yet, but I ran it through Google. Which sucks, but is better than nothing.

http://translate.google.com/translat...26channel%3Dfs

From what I can gather, it is a page simply discussing Veritas. It talks a lot about the story, explaining basic things and talks about the situation for Martial Arts Manwha in Korea at the time Veritas was released, and mentions other stories like The Breaker and The Breaker New Waves. At the bottom they talk about Veritas 2, and how the story was intended to be a two part story from the beginning, but I can't tell what else the original said about this. Google doesn't translate it well.

In essence, I think it simply a general essay on the story of Veritas. There is a lot of information there if it could be translated correctly, but I don't think it says anything we don't already know.

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member apellon's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Personaly i think veritas is a let down ... very generic and dull ... doesnt seem to care enough about the goal or plot in the story ... the only interesting part are the fights and the shonen side, but even there its dragging and repetitive... in short it feels like The breaker but less interesting... its not bad , but i rather use my time to read some other titles.
    Now it is just my opinion.

MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by apellon View Post
    Personaly i think veritas is a let down ... very generic and dull ... doesnt seem to care enough about the goal or plot in the story ... the only interesting part are the fights and the shonen side, but even there its dragging and repetitive... in short it feels like The breaker but less interesting... its not bad , but i rather use my time to read some other titles.
    Now it is just my opinion.
    Tastes do vary.

I personally think it's great. I think it's very similar to The Breaker New Waves in many ways (not so much The Breaker) but different in that it was focused almost entirely on individuals. Veritas = Truth. And for every character it was never about right and wrong so much as it was them pursuing what they wanted most. That sense of distinct characters with motivations and beliefs all their own makes it stand out even in the crowded supernatural martial arts school genre.

We'll never really know how good the plot could have been since it was cancelled early but even with the wrap up it got I found the conclusion satisfying.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41