Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 41 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Veritas by Yoon Joon Sik and Kim Dong Hoon

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Veritas by Yoon Joon Sik and Kim Dong Hoon

Hi, everyone, I started this thread because I searched and could not find a Veritas thread. If there is my apologies, please feel free to delete this.
    I wanted to start a thread where Veritas can be discussed.

Veritas is a Korean Manwha.
    Raws: 9 volumes and in Korea Chapters 75+
    Scanned: 48 chapters so far by Helzone I think?

What is Veritas about? [from mangaupdates.com]
    Kangryong is a high schooler unlike others. He has always had a dream of being the strongest. One day he meets Youcheon, who teaches him a powerful skill. One year later, people come to see him and announce that his "master" is dead. Because he was his only student, Kangryong has to follow them and go to a school where everybody has supernatural powers to fight.

[and boy does he fight]
    If anybody has comments please post. I dont want to give too much spoilers for the people who have not read it yet.
    Last edited by kangclaw; August 30, 2009 at 04:51 AM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Veritas

one of my favorites so far. love the action and the story is deep. it has every thing you look for in a manga(sorry manwah).
    art; 10/10
    story;8/10 but it gets better and better.

i hope it gets the attention it deserves.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Onomatopoeia's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Great manhwa I really enjoy it it has some especially excellent art, the plot might not be the best but the characters defintely make up for it.

Who's your favorite character guys? Mine is Honse.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Host Samurai's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I've read all available scanlation until chapter 39 and I have to say that it's really good manwha. The pacing is great and the art is gorgeous.

My favorite characters are Rud, Gangryong, Honse and Kang the nine dragon's ftw!

Credits:Shinsatsu

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member conn-man's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i discovered it a couple months ago it immedietly became one of my favorites..great art, fight concepts are simple but excellent, and the characters and plot have a lot of room to develop. i anticipate veritas every week as much as the big 3.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Just out of curiosity but how do you guys think Guhoo beat Anichella? People acted like she was some sort of beast that was even equal to Vera. Considering how strong Guhoo is now I just can't see him being able to pull it off, he seems a lot weaker in comparison to characters like Vera and Rud.

His victory over her really doesn't make sense.
    Last edited by Onomatopoeia; June 19, 2009 at 11:37 AM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner goozerman's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

why did Honse get beat up and lose his powers?

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member skitzophr3ak's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Haha hi there, I figured I'd start posting here since I pretty much registered on this site to talk about Veritas when I saw this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Onomatopoeia View Post
    Just out of curiosity but how do you guys think Guhoo beat Anichella? People acted like she was some sort of beast that was even equal to Vera. Considering how strong Guhoo is now I just can't see him being able to pull it off, he seems a lot weaker in comparison to characters like Vera and Rud.

His victory over her really doesn't make sense.
    I believe it was said at some point that Guhoo basically cheated and overcharged himself on artificial ki before the match so that he could beat Anichella.

Also Honse got beat up and had his ki channels destroyed because he posed a threat to Vera's power. Vera's ki had been disrupted so badly she couldn't use it for an extended period of time after her failed assault on Lightning Tiger. So the rest of the Student Council decided they needed to do whatever it took to keep that a secret so no one would doubt Vera's power. Honse was, most likely, going to be the one to face Vera in the finals of the tournament and if he did he'd push Vera to a limit where should have to use ki but would be unable to and thus her secret would be exposed. So the Student Council decided they'd ambush Honse and force him to destroy his ki channels so he couldn't fight anymore so that they could keep Vera from being hurt or exposed.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by skitzophr3ak View Post
    Haha hi there, I figured I'd start posting here since I pretty much registered on this site to talk about Veritas when I saw this thread.
    Cool! Welcome to MH!

Quote Quote:
    I believe it was said at some point that Guhoo basically cheated and overcharged himself on artificial ki before the match so that he could beat Anichella.
    No it was never said that this happened but it's an interesting idea nonetheless. I do wonder if you can do that though and what would be the consequences of it.

I actually doubt Honse's ki is completely gone. They literaly mention that fact every other chapter which is extremely redundant almost like they're trying to convince us that his Ki is gone. Besides I refuse to believe we'll never see Honse kick some serious arse and because I'm seriously angry about what happened to Honse.

Anyone agree with me on this theory?

Actually where's the next chapter it should be out already...
    Last edited by Onomatopoeia; June 27, 2009 at 02:22 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member conn-man's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Veritas by YOON Joon-sik and KIM Dong-hoon

that shit with honse was the most shitty thing i think ive seen in any manga(manwha). he was their friend! and they made him ruin all that he worked for his whole life, for the fucking student council!?

and is there no chapter this week?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by conn-man View Post
    that shit with honse was the most shitty thing i think ive seen in any manga(manwha). he was their friend! and they made him ruin all that he worked for his whole life, for the fucking student council!?

and is there no chapter this week?
    And yes what they did to Honse angered me greatly too. Seriously man I never knew being part of the Student Council was such serious biz. Last time I ever leave a student council ballot unmarked or make fun of the secretary.

We have the raws up to volume 8. I don't see why we shouldn't have a chapter this week.
    Last edited by Onomatopoeia; June 27, 2009 at 02:23 AM.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hands down, Lightning Tiger is my favorite character, he was only there for a short while but he is a mainstay in the manwha. He's cool composed and seriously strong. i don't know how they were able to kill him but i still dont wanna believe it, he was way too bad ass to fall so easily.

There seems to be a theme here with important fights not being explained, the whole guhoo thing was probably just blackmail, thats what the council, less Vera, is good at.

And seriously guys, i don't see anyone mentioning the high majority of upskirt shots in this manwha or the tight fitting school shirts around the spectacular boobage.

i'll admit thats one... excuse me... two of the reasons i keep coming back, other than the story, the fighting and watching lightning kitty's developement, the imminent war between traditional and reunion martial arts, the imminent war between the linus sisters and gangryong owning everyone including vera, his developement is really quick.

Finally Madoka is teh hottness! I love this manwha!

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member skitzophr3ak's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Onomatopoeia View Post
    No it was never said that this happened but it's an interesting idea nonetheless. I do wonder if you can do that though and what would be the consequences of it.
    Huh, yea you're right, I wonder where I heard that then. But yea I have a feeling Honse isn't as useless as the story would lead us to believe. And where's the new chapter already jeez

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DrunkDragon's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

New to the thread.

Anyways this weeks chapter is going to be late because they switched over to a new forum and I think they lost the translation? Not too sure on the last part maybe they couldn't get in contact.

And I agree Madoka is hotness!!

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member CaptFamous's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Guhoo vs Anichella - It hasn't yet been explained (the pattern of the story suggests that it will be), but the prevailing theory is that he received a dangerous amount of ki, stemming from his conversation about "trust" with Vera, and their talk about his recovery in more recent chapters.

Re: Honse - He, and Hayato, aver that his ki channels are closed forever. However, in a flashback, LT specifically says that there is no such thing as a permanently closed ki channel. Also, Honse is fantastic as a man-behind-the-scenes, playing himself off as a powerless goofball, when he's in fact a tactical genius.

However, I still hate Guesong for it,
    Spoiler show
    I aint the only one who's serious

New Reply
Page 1 of 41 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast