Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/7/14 - 7/13/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 502 by kewl0210 , Bleach 588 (2)
New Reply
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: The Finestela Thread

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Do Kesubei's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Finestela Thread

What are your thoughts on yaoi and yuri? In general, women accept both genres. Men seem to be allergic to yaoi and indifferent towards yuri (flying in the face of sexual stereotypes about men).

RAW Providers 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Finestela's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Do Kesubei View Post
    What are your thoughts on yaoi and yuri? In general, women accept both genres. Men seem to be allergic to yaoi and indifferent towards yuri (flying in the face of sexual stereotypes about men).
    Personally, I'm fine with both, and even enjoys many work from these two genres

Whether it's soft-Yuri/Bara like MariMite and Hetalia, or really heavy (or even x-rated) works such as Shoujo Sect or the countless BL doujinshi... I've read them all

There are people who call me a fujoushi... but in reality, I pretty much reads anything and everything (save a few) I can get my hands on (including... you know what... ).
    "Ask... And you might receive..."
    The Finestela Thread

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Peru
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks so much for the RAWs and translations. Are you interested about translate other mangas? I translate Ayu Mayu into spanish but the project is stopped because there arent any translation since chapter 24. In other hand, there are several interesting mangas waiting be translated. Azumanga "10 years" must be great, I'm surely reading soon. Thanks again and keep it up your good work!

PS: Sorry for my english. I'm native spanish speaker

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey
    Well, to be honest with you, I have my plates full at the moment... Not to mention I've accepted helping out with something else, so I really don't have time to pick up another series
    Sorry about that :/
    The Finestela Thread

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Elyon A. Luna's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

I like shoujo: Favs are Fushigi Yugi, anything of Yuu Watase (AK is shounen, doesn't count), Good Morning Call... there has to bee something I forget

Speaking about yuri (men are indiferent towards yuri? Which world is that in?), why is that there is a yaoi/shonen ai thread, but there isn't/I can't find a yuri thread, huh? Yes, I'm a sucker for it, and in search of the "perfect" yuri story.

Actually, haven't seen/read much, of anything because I can't stand too much on a row. There are days when I lose the interest...

Ok, so much already, this is your topic.

¿What do you want for birthday? :3 random saving question duh

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I like Watase-sensei's earlier works, but later ones a bit... erm...
    No matter how much people tries to convince me otherwise, I just can't seem to like Zettai Kareshi. Genbu Kaiden... It felt like Watase is trying too hard to make it different from the original series, and the exceedingly heavy atmosphere in the book turned me off a little.

Fushigi Yuugi and Ayashi no Ceres are both great reads, and the other shorter series like Alice 19th and Imadoki! are light and fun as well^^

You can start a Yuri thread, or request the mods to start one... I'm fairly sure they wouldn't mind

I dread the coming of my birthdays to be honest with you
    The Finestela Thread

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Elyon A. Luna's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

I liked Zettai Kareshi, it's actually the first Watase thing (apart from oneshots) that I have ended reading.

Also liked Genbu Kaiden, though for some reasons dropped it. Will come back to it soon.

I forgot something

¿Where does your nick come from? :3

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Peru
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Finestela View Post
    Hey
    Well, to be honest with you, I have my plates full at the moment... Not to mention I've accepted helping out with something else, so I really don't have time to pick up another series
    Sorry about that :/
    No problem,

I'll be waiting your next projects.

Regards,

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Elyon A. Luna View Post
    I liked Zettai Kareshi, it's actually the first Watase thing (apart from oneshots) that I have ended reading.

Also liked Genbu Kaiden, though for some reasons dropped it. Will come back to it soon.

I forgot something

¿Where does your nick come from? :3
    Orz I guess after being too used to Watase's fantasy style series, I'm just not that used to the real world... (rofl)

Genbu Kaiden is just so depressing to read

My ID name is actually an invention of a friend. Back when I was playing OLG, I usually use names that are either more masculine or neutral... but when I tried to come up with a more feminine... I couldn't think of anything at all (lol)

My best friend came up with this name (she's insanely into MMO's when she was in Middle School and High School), and she gave me this name to use. So after a while, it sort of grew on me
    The Finestela Thread

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Intl Translator 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner zahir2035's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Fin, thanks for uploading Kenichi this week. You made my day

Rgr yuri and all that... I definitely wouldn't like at all that TLR ended with Rito dating Saruyama, and LaLa dating Yui. No way. This kind of defines my position, doesn't it?

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Verilance's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I like manga that focus on relationships a lot.

my current favourite is Saruyama! (Monkey High! in NA) by Akira Shouko next to that is Girl Friends by Morinaga Miruku (thanks for the raw btw)

I do not read any other Yuri manga except those by Morinaga-sensei and actually have no wish to do so. For me she sets the relationship between Mari and Akko so well that I just love to see them together as a couple the fact that they are two girls seems almost secondary, I don't know if that sounds strange or not.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Verilance View Post
    I like manga that focus on relationships a lot.

my current favourite is Saruyama! (Monkey High! in NA) by Akira Shouko next to that is Girl Friends by Morinaga Miruku (thanks for the raw btw)

I do not read any other Yuri manga except those by Morinaga-sensei and actually have no wish to do so. For me she sets the relationship between Mari and Akko so well that I just love to see them together as a couple the fact that they are two girls seems almost secondary, I don't know if that sounds strange or not.
    Nope, that's not strange at all

Most of the soft-yuri such as these spends a large part of the series depicting the interactions and relationships between the two girls. When you enjoy the series, it's likely that the depiction of such is what you find the most appealing. (The same apply to soft-bara).

If you have time and are interested, you should check out the series Kashimashi: Girl meets Girl. It's also a very fun to read series

Quote Originally Posted by zahir2035 View Post
    Fin, thanks for uploading Kenichi this week. You made my day

Rgr yuri and all that... I definitely wouldn't like at all that TLR ended with Rito dating Saruyama, and LaLa dating Yui. No way. This kind of defines my position, doesn't it?
    lol, well, as much as I enjoy BL/GL, I wouldn't want that either
    The Finestela Thread

Scanlator 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Doragon's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, I feel relieved knowing that ToraDora is safe. I'm trying get used to Perfect Dark, but I'm pretty much having a hard time with it. Very confusing. Btw, what happened to DeroDero? I haven't seen a scanlation out from Xiphias from a long time.
    Spoiler show

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doragon View Post
    Thanks, I feel relieved knowing that ToraDora is safe. I'm trying get used to Perfect Dark, but I'm pretty much having a hard time with it. Very confusing. Btw, what happened to DeroDero? I haven't seen a scanlation out from Xiphias from a long time.
    You'll have to talk to Xip about it
    But my translations had been a bit slow the past two weeks because... a tree fell on my roof, and smashed the master bedroom pretty good

I've been struggling with the insurance claim (or, rather, getting satisfying estimates for the insurance adjuster from the contractors)
    The Finestela Thread

Scanlator 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Doragon's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

LOL-erm, I mean that sucks. If it makes you feel any better, a tree fell on our car one time. Wait, how did that happen anyway?
    Spoiler show

New Reply
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast