Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/1/14 - 9/7/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 by cnet128 , Gintama 509 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: The Finestela Thread

RAW Providers 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Finestela's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The Finestela Thread

Someone brought it up to me to go ahead and start a thread here... So here goes...

This is Finestela, and I'm a Japanese to Chinese/English translator... Well, actually, if you take a close look at the ID color to the left... you'd notice that it's yellow...

Yes, I'm also a raw hunter, posting countless manga that no one reads.

I'm currently translating DeroDero (both Chinese and English), ToLoveRu (internal Chinese translation and open English), and Azumanga's 10 year anni special (internal Chinese). The internal translations are for JoJoHot, a Chinese scanlation group which I'm also a moderator over there.

Anyway, check out my translations if you're interested. All comments and suggestions are welcomed ^^ Also, feel free to ask me anything, be it chit-chat, manga story discussions, or more personal stuff. (Though, no guarantee that I'll come clean on everything )

2. Thanks 20 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Verilance's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Finestela Thread

I just wanted to thank you on behalf of us who all your hard work benefits.

arigatou

Banned MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
    Country
    North Korea
    Post Thanks / Like

How popular is WSJ manga in china?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Verilance View Post
    I just wanted to thank you on behalf of us who all your hard work benefits.

arigatou
    You're very welcome... though I'm not sure if you're refering to my translation or my raw uploads

Quote Originally Posted by ◆ T.D.A ◆ View Post
    How popular is WSJ manga in china?
    hmm... are you talking about the Chinese forums or within the country China?

I have no clue regarding the country, since I don't live there (I was born and raised in Atlanta, GA )

However, for the popularity on the forums, it pretty much resembles the way it is in Japan (and MH): OP and Naruto extremly popular, Bleach is not far behind, Toriko is getting hot, Beelze generating good early ratings...

Oh, and the mutual dislike between shoujo forums and shounen/seinen forum is very apparent... with each side holding deep dislike to one another. (I worked with two very different group/forum as a Chinese translator/scanlator, jojohot, which is mainly shounen and seinen, and billwang, a mainly shoujo group).

Good thing that, as Mod/Super-Mod in the two places, I did my best to crack down on bashings... and they're pretty much gone now, with each group actually starting to scanlate other demographs
    "Ask... And you might receive..."
    The Finestela Thread

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the raws! Translated or not you've brought so many interesting series to MH, not to mention keeping the WSJ thread interesting!

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten.Sama View Post
    Thanks for the raws! Translated or not you've brought so many interesting series to MH, not to mention keeping the WSJ thread interesting!
    I'm just glad that there are people reading them

Especially seinen magazines like IKKI and Young GanGan... a lot of fun and interesting series on there, but not enough willing to try them out. I just feel that they deserve a chance, and uploading the raws is a first step ^^

As for WSJ thread... I just hope you guys didn't think I'm too "passionate" (lol) in some of the more heated discussions
    The Finestela Thread

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Finestela View Post
    I'm just glad that there are people reading them

Especially seinen magazines like IKKI and Young GanGan... a lot of fun and interesting series on there, but not enough willing to try them out. I just feel that they deserve a chance, and uploading the raws is a first step ^^

As for WSJ thread... I just hope you guys didn't think I'm too "passionate" (lol) in some of the more heated discussions
    lol. No, not to passionate. A sensable voice is always nice in a manga thread, any manga thread

Hopefully IKKI will get more attention now that VIZ is launching the online magazine. Great idea, great set up, a good chance for Americans to get to know a lot of cool series. Yen + seems to have gotten behind Young Gangan.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

hehe, that's nice to know, what Viz is doing

As for the more "heated discussions"... A lot of time in various forums, I would keep going at it during an argument that, in the end, people would say that I'm starting a flame war (though that's not my intention) I'm glad that it hasn't gone to that point (yet? )
    The Finestela Thread

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Do Kesubei's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Kohaku is crazy. Why do you like her?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Do Kesubei View Post
    Kohaku is crazy. Why do you like her?
    Awww... Someone actually recognized my avatar!! (lol)

As for your question... You pretty much answered for me already...

Because she's crazy!

To be honest with you, I consider her the most complex heroine in Tsukihime, and enjoyed her storyline the most in the game... I guess I just have a thing with yandere girls
    The Finestela Thread

Banned MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
    Country
    North Korea
    Post Thanks / Like

Where do chinese groups get their RAW scans from? From shipments to China or from Japan?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ◆ T.D.A ◆ View Post
    Where do chinese groups get their RAW scans from? From shipments to China or from Japan?
    Well, at BillWang, the original internal raw scanner was me, and I bought mine via Sasuga Books. Right now, our raw provider lives in Hong Kong, and she is able to get the magazine (LaLa and Hana to Yume) at their local foreign bookstores, where they usually gets them on the same day of the Japanese publication date.

As for jojohot... we have several different people providing the raws, and most of them are either in Taiwan or Hong Kong, where they can get WSJ on Fridays. Though a few of our projects (such as ToLoveRu), simply uses raws here in MH, specifically Vic's
    The Finestela Thread

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Elyon A. Luna's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Finestela View Post
    Awww... Someone actually recognized my avatar!! (lol)

As for your question... You pretty much answered for me already...

Because she's crazy!

To be honest with you, I consider her the most complex heroine in Tsukihime, and enjoyed her storyline the most in the game... I guess I just have a thing with yandere girls
    That's Kohaku? Well, I have only seen the Tsukihime anime, which is great, but I see the character designs really changed. hooray for the KohakuxHisui wallpaper. Yes, I'm sick heh

Haven't played any visual novel, for the most part I dislike playing in PC/laptops, but I want to try one someday.

Well, for the topic purposes, something that I've been pondering for a time.

Given that you know japaneses and chinese, if I'm not mistaken, ¿did you find in the beggining have some sort of troubles with some of the characters that were written alike in both languages? Like 月 (tsuki (getsu/gatsu)/yue)? I've always though that would be difficult...

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

lol Granted, it's semi-deformed, but still! You should be able to tell from that needle in her hand! (just teasing ) It's a shame that Kohaku and Hisui didn't play that big of a role in the Shingetsutan anime or manga... >_<" It's always Arc and Ciel XDDDD

Hmm... If anything, I'd think it's actually made it easier instead of harder (for me at least). One less thing to learn

Especially a lot of times, Chinese words/phrases has similar or identical meanings to their Japanese Kanji counterpart, making it easier for me to learn when I was self-teaching Chinese. All I need to do is to remember the different pronunciations, which isn't really a biggie (Japanese already has a bunch more pronunciations for the same Kanji... one extra doesn't add all that much work ).
    The Finestela Thread

Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Bomber D Rufi's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Just wanted to echo the thanks that everyone else has given you in this thread. ^^ If it weren't for you, I'd have no way to translate Hajimete no Aku each week. Thanks a whole lot!

Is there a way to find out what raws are up on Share and what aren't? I'm looking around for the begining of Coppelion (1-7), and I don't see it anywhere...

And to keep from being a completely needy person, What are your favorite Shounen manga? (I'm pretty new to Seinen so I can't comment there.) Like what are the series past and present that have everything you could ask for?
    Current projects
    Gintama (Weekly)
    Saike Once Again (Hiatus)
    Nejimaki Kagyuu (Ended)
    Kiriwoterrible (Weekly)
    Hitoribocchi no shinrakusha (Monthly)
    Majimoji Rurumo (Monthly)
    Tenshi-chan & Akuma-kun (Ended)

Requests Closed.
    requestsforrufi@gmail.com
    Read my writing here!
    http://alleycatcomics.pbworks.com/