Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128
New Reply
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: The Finestela Thread

RAW Providers 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Finestela's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Finestela Thread

Usually, you can check sharedb.info for available files (one flaw would be that having a hash info there doesn't neccessary mean the file can be completed, or that the file is authentic, unless it's being posted by a known ID).

Regarding Coppelion... I don't think any of the Share scanner did the series and uploaded there (at least not to my knowledge). There isn't any scanned tank either Vic seems to be the only one kind enough to continuously provide the raw to this series.
    "Ask... And you might receive..."
    The Finestela Thread

Scanlator 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Binky's Avatar
    Country
    Scotland
    Post Thanks / Like

Ooh, a thread of your own. Very slick.

Thanks for everything, in particular for your translations, not that I don't hold RAW providers in equally worshipful regard to translators, just because I'm in the camp who haven't read a lot of the series which you provide RAWs for.

Intl Translator 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner zahir2035's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

BTW... where did you learn Japanese? As you say you translate seinen manga too, then you don't need the Furigana so your reading is more than advanced....

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Binky View Post
    Ooh, a thread of your own. Very slick.

Thanks for everything, in particular for your translations, not that I don't hold RAW providers in equally worshipful regard to translators, just because I'm in the camp who haven't read a lot of the series which you provide RAWs for.

lol, don't worry Binky... I get that more than you'd think

Quote Originally Posted by zahir2035 View Post
    BTW... where did you learn Japanese? As you say you translate seinen manga too, then you don't need the Furigana so your reading is more than advanced....
    Well... I'm a third generation Japanese American. I'm actually 3/4 Japanese (My maternal grandmother is Chinese).

Apart from having my parents speaking the language at home, I've had a Japanese tutor from 3~7. However, because I didn't have many same-age people to talk to in Japanese, my "pop-cultural" vocabulary is extremly limited. Same goes for certain dialects.

For me, Kanji isn't that hard (especially when you start trying to learn Chinese on your own, the Japanese Kanji pretty much pales in comparison). However, I do find it difficult to read Kanji in Japanese names without having the kanas. I don't know how some people do it, but I'm just not cut out for that kind of stuff...

If you give me a name written in Kanji but without the furigana to go with it, chances are that I'll mess it up and get one or more kanjis wrong
    The Finestela Thread

Scanlator 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Doragon's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yo, thanks a lot for the Rotte no Omocha raws. Honestly, I didn't think anyone would scan it, so yeah. Question: Where do you buy your raws? How much do you pay for them usually?
    Spoiler show

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doragon View Post
    Yo, thanks a lot for the Rotte no Omocha raws. Honestly, I didn't think anyone would scan it, so yeah. Question: Where do you buy your raws? How much do you pay for them usually?
    Well, I personally do not scan raws (not any more anyway) because of the little time I have available on the computer these days. Currently, I only accept requests from two Chinese scan groups I'm affliated when they need raws from the three magazines I have subscriptions for (LaLa, LaLa DX, and Bessatsu Hana to Yume, which are all shoujo manga magazines ). I used to buy them at the Japanese Bookstore locally... but since I don't actively provide raws anymore, I switched over to Sasugabooks, and have all three of them at around 400 USD per year (postage included).

Instead, I have the two out of three popular Japanese P2P programs running, Share and Perfect Dark, and try to provide the latest raws that's available there to people who can't run the programs. ^^

As for the Rotte no Omocha I actually ran into it by accident

I saw your request by chance, and just figured that I could just give it a try and see if I would get lucky. I've then setup the proper trigger in Share, and input search phrase in Perfect Dark. Before long, I managed to have the first 8 chapters in magazine scans queued up for download... However, I got REALLY lucky with Perfect Dark, when I saw the the two tanks turn up in search, and they were both less than a week old.

I don't know what to call this... but it seems like you're destined to be able to get those raws I mean without you requesting it, I might've never try to look for that series. And if you have requested a month earlier, there wouldn't be anything found

Everything just sort of fall into place, and I managed to find those two for you
    The Finestela Thread

Scanlator 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Doragon's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

So this is what they call destiny. Lulz, it's most likely luck, I didn't really know the series until I started randomly surfing the web for a good ecchi manga to read and saw it on some blog site. The art looked great and it kind of reminded me of TLR. I got curious and checked MH but it wasn't on the manga list. I started searching on various sites and downloading various torrents to get raws for it but no luck (especially since jcafe is currently down I had a hard time.) So I decided to make a request on MH. But really, seeing that not much raw requests in MH were fulfilled, I didn't have any hopes up, but I was surprised on seeing some raws for it up in just a few days. Really, thanks a lot!

Although, it's too bad you're not going to scan raws anymore. I guess that's bad news for me since I always look forward to your Tora Dora scans. :C
    Spoiler show

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't worry about those... it's also open source raw from Share
    As long as that scanner remains active, Tora Dora should be fine
    The Finestela Thread

Intl Translator 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner zahir2035's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Seeing that no one has asked this yet... why did you ask for a "raw hunter" status while you are currently doing mostly translator tasks around here? Also this thread is in the translator forum...

(I'm a pretty inquisitive guy, huh?)

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zahir2035 View Post
    Seeing that no one has asked this yet... why did you ask for a "raw hunter" status while you are currently doing mostly translator tasks around here? Also this thread is in the translator forum...

(I'm a pretty inquisitive guy, huh?)
    The Raw Hunter status is an older title, given a few months ago I could ask for changing to Translator I guess, but Raw Hunter sounds cooler, don't you think (lol)

Currently, it's more or less 50-50 in terms of the amount of free time I'm devoting on these two tasks... but then again, you can always do other stuff while uploading, so it's hard to say, really, which I'm doing more.
    The Finestela Thread

Queen of The Damned MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Nami's Avatar
    Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Finestela!!

Quote Originally Posted by Finestela View Post

Oh, and the mutual dislike between shoujo forums and shounen/seinen forum is very apparent... with each side holding deep dislike to one another. (I worked with two very different group/forum as a Chinese translator/scanlator, jojohot, which is mainly shounen and seinen, and billwang, a mainly shoujo group).

Oh, this bit is interesting! I can never understand why shoujo fans stay clear away from any shonen forum, are they being intimidated by the hostile manner of the boys in the shonen area?

Quote Originally Posted by Finestela View Post
    Well, I personally do not scan raws (not any more anyway) because of the little time I have available on the computer these days. Currently, I only accept requests from two Chinese scan groups I'm affliated when they need raws from the three magazines I have subscriptions for (LaLa, LaLa DX, and Bessatsu Hana to Yume, which are all shoujo manga magazines ). I used to buy them at the Japanese Bookstore locally... but since I don't actively provide raws anymore, I switched over to Sasugabooks, and have all three of them at around 400 USD per year (postage included).
    Doe that mean you read shoujo series too? I hardly see you at the shoujo section. You should pop by sometimes. What's your favourite series in these 3 mags?

▲Away till end June. ▲

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nami View Post
    Hi Finestela!!

Oh, this bit is interesting! I can never understand why shoujo fans stay clear away from any shonen forum, are they being intimidated by the hostile manner of the boys in the shonen area?

Doe that mean you read shoujo series too? I hardly see you at the shoujo section. You should pop by sometimes. What's your favourite series in these 3 mags?
    Well... for one thing, some of the shoujo fans I know stay out of shonen forum because... they can't find people accepting some of the more wierd coupling or BL/Yaoi stuff. So they mostly stay away there And then there's the both side calling the other shallow thing.

As for visiting the shoujo section... I guess I should drop in every now and then

My favorites in the three magazines I'm reading:

LaLa: Pretty much everything in there But if I have to name a few, Vampire Knight, Natsume, and Ouran are the best three, along with Kaichou wa Maid-sama as a close forth.

LaLa DX: To be honest, I didn't buy this magazine for any particular series. I mean some of them are nice, but other than Haruka Naru, the rest doesn't interest me that much (though I still read them). I bought LaLa DX mainly for the occasional special chapters of the LaLa series, Tsukuba Sakura's (author of penguin revolution) on and off series, Yoroshiku Master. They also feature works from various competitions for rookies by Hakusensha in there, and sometimes you may find the work of future hit author

Bessatsu Hana to Yume: Originally, I bought the magazine for just one series: Boku no Tsutsumu Tsuki no Hikari, which is the sequel of Please Save My Earth. But now, there are several other series I enjoy in there, including Otomen, Rasetsu no Hana, and Orange Chocolate. Also, as an added bonus, Glass no Kamen's latest chapters are in here as well
    The Finestela Thread

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Verilance's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Raw Hunter makes you sound like indiana Jones or something (Lara Croft if you prefer) so i definitely think you should keep that title.

I am older so my thoughts on the matter may not be the same as others but I started reading manga after my son asked me to buy him Dragonball. I went through the ones he liked and then gravitated more to ones i like. Despite being male I find i read 50/50 shonen to shoujo though my favourite ones currently are shoujo.

I don't read everything I come across becuase if it doesn't grab me by the first chapter i will never look at it again.

I enjoyed the one you were translating I can't remember the name off hand now but it was a horror comedy and was really good
    Last edited by Verilance; June 22, 2009 at 06:01 PM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Just come to Thank

for Your GirlFriend Raw XD

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hameln View Post
    Just come to Thank

for Your GirlFriend Raw XD
    hehe, you're welcome

Quote Originally Posted by Verilance View Post
    Raw Hunter makes you sound like indiana Jones or something (Lara Croft if you prefer) so i definitely think you should keep that title.

I am older so my thoughts on the matter may not be the same as others but I started reading manga after my son asked me to buy him Dragonball. I went through the ones he liked and then gravitated more to ones i like. Despite being male I find i read 50/50 shonen to shoujo though my favourite ones currently are shoujo.

I don't read everything I come across becuase if it doesn't grab me by the first chapter i will never look at it again.

I enjoyed the one you were translating I can't remember the name off hand now but it was a horror comedy and was really good
    I'm glad to see another person enjoying DeroDero ^^

And I'm happy to know that there are people as open-minded as you are, regarding Shounen/Shoujo
    The Finestela Thread

New Reply
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast