Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 7 of 34 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Nana by Ai Yazawa

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member svart_lotus's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Nana by Ai Yazawa - Discussion

hmm... just thought of something... if you look at shin he is way to young there, there is no way trapnest was well known when he was that age...
    We can be pretty sure that it is in uk, since the common japanes perception about uk is that there is squirles everywhere and thinking of the age... if it is Reiras kid, then she should be pregnant now... and it has to be Shins... man i want more nana

Queen of The Damned MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Nami's Avatar
    Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

Yup! A long wait and finally a chapter is here!! Yeahhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!

Spoiler show

▲Away till end June. ▲

Pink Warrior 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member baboysai's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Well from the latest chapter.. I thought that Takumi and Satsuki still had a good relationship since Satsuki doesn't seem to have any bad reactions or anything when he calls. She's very energetic about it. So I think that Takumi is actually a doting father or something. And when Satsuki wanted to talk more, Nana snatched the phone away and wanted to talk first. If Satsuki rarely talked to her father, Nana would have allowed her to talk more on the phone first before her.

Also, when Satsuki said she'd give away the chocolate, Nana asked "Daddy?" casually. If Satsuki hated her daddy, or at least lacked his attention, I don't think Nana could say it like that either.

I don't know what Junko meant of the divorce though, saying there were many reasons. The reasons I see are his adultery (can't keep your pants closed! ) and his being a workaholic that might test Hachi's patience in the end, since she kinda accepted these facts before. She also said there were more reasons for staying rather than divorcing. Could be because of their daughter, plus she really loves him, er... what else? I hope we get to see those reasons in the coming chapters. Coz I do like the TakumixHachi pairing too.

Nami, I didn't get it when you said the kid is Shin until I thought for like 20 seconds or something. Could be, could be... Most people assume it's the future and that it's somebody from the present's kid. but it could be Shin in the past, why he was influenced by Ren, and stuff... Eh... so who was the woman then? Definitely not Reira???

Probably the music the kid was playing was Blast music (since Shin said he was influenced by Ren's bass playing) and that's why the woman said "Ren is a genius". The question for this theory would be, who was the woman? I mean, we often get confused with Reira and Ryoko. It's possible that this woman looks just like Reira and Ryoko, that she is Shin's mom! That's why Shin has a certain attachment to Ryoko, and then to Reira, because they both look like his mom. T_T

What do you guys think? I'm excited while I'm typing this, lol.

I still can't let go of the Sachiko-Satsuki glitch though! There has to be a reason! I know it's a clue!
    Last edited by baboysai; December 04, 2007 at 10:14 PM.

Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

I dont doubt for a second that takumi is a good father, Satsuki seems to love him.
    But back to the important stuff: Reira/Ryoko/mom with Shin/Shins kid?
    These are the things i thought out so far:
    1. Im pretty sure it is in England.
    2. By the "women"s comentary, we can be pretty sure he is playing a Ren song.
    3. Probly not shin in the past since he is way to young for trapnest, and he dident even know that ren played with blast until nobu was drunk and spilled it.
    4. Who of these ppl usualy goes to england? Ryoko is a fly attendant, but i think she will lay low caus of the bust. Shins mom is dead (wasent she?) and she is swedish (ya sweden ), Reira usually goes to England, and might be living there in the future.
    5. If the kid is Shins, she must be prego now as i said before. It sure looks like shins kid, but who knew, might even be Takumis (i meen, he does seem to mess around alot and Reira would probly not say "no"). If it is Reiras kid, could that caus the break up of Trapness?

Before i stop, there is one more theory (a long shot though):
    Reira said whe wished to go to sweden to se how shin lived. Is it possible that she found shins brother/half brother???

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

hee well it's a long shot, both our theories hehe.

Someone said from my mailing list that the kid is most likely shin's son and this scandal caused the break up of Trapnest. But yeah, that would mean Reira's already pregnant at the present because I doubt she and Shin will ever meet again and have sex.

Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

dont know about if they will hook up again, but i was thinking of the kids age, i meen, he looks older then Satsuki (wich feels pretty much imposible) If she is pregnant, we should be able to read about it soon...

But, back to the matter: Does Reira love Shin still? Did she ever?
    I think (or maybe "wish" is a better word for it) that she does love Shin, she is afraid though. Everything that makes her days more complicated, she cuts of. And, thinking of her weird admiration for Takumi, she simply hides behind "i have my band to think of". Sure, Takumi gave her a green light on her dating Shin if they keept it quiet, but she is still afraid to trouble him in any way. Man this sux... Takumi screws everything up

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

To answer your question IMHO,

Reira never loved Shin or Yasu. Yasu realized this that's why it was easy for him to let her go. Reira developed an attachment to Shin, but in the end realized that she also did not love him, and in fact felt guilty about it in the end that's why she decided not to see him anymore.

In all fairness, she did TRY to love Shin, and at one point believed it worked. But, well, it didn't. She also tried it with Yasu. But she also felt empty about it. Actually, it's her reaction to cling to anyone who is kind to her because of Takumi's indifference to her.

It's kind of like... when you crave for ice cream, and there's no ice cream but there's cake. You eat the cake and get satisfied for a while. But you remember you wanted ice cream and you'll want it again. Until you get to eat it, you'll crave and crave it. Takumi is the ice cream that Reira can't get, and both Shin and Yasu were just cakes.

Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

I have thought of that to, but i push it away from me since im totaly "Reira & Shin" alliance There is always hope i guess
    Though, in what way does she love Takumi? Like you said before, does she want him simply caus she cant have him or does she truly love him?
    And, a question that isent about c70: Why does all (almost) girls who read Nana love Takumi? He seems like everything a guy shold not be I do like him, he remindes me of a good friend i have, but however you look at it, he is a cheating bastard.

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure about how Reira really loves Takumi. But I'll answer your question why I like him.. hehe. I don't know about the "most girls like him" part though, because in our mailing list it's more Nobu infested.

I like his character, period. I don't like what he's doing, but he's been thrown there by Yazawa -sensei very skillfully to make the story turn. Without Takumi, the story would have bored me by Volume 8 or something. The fact that a lot of people debate about him makes him a permanent fixture, and has caused the rereading of a lot of people, to answer debates accurately. hehe.

He's a very complex character: his actions cause an outrage, his motives raise questions. That's why I like him. ^^

Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Nobu? Well, i guess you learn as long as you live

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner moon212's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Ch71 is out what do everyone think of it.?

Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by moon212 View Post
    Ch71 is out what do everyone think of it.?
    haven't found the full scanlated yet, only the first 5 pages on Celestials page so far...

Queen of The Damned MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Nami's Avatar
    Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

Just read the chinese version. Sometimes Nana's self realisation is just so awfully factual that it's depressing..

Spoiler show

▲Away till end June. ▲

Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Finally got all the pages, thanx celestial
    Spoiler show

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner kayuchan's Avatar
    Country
    Vietnam
    Post Thanks / Like

well, chapter 71 out... more thing to discuss. i really really think from the very begingning, nana is not suitable with takumi. she is more match with nobu instead. she need to be loving and carring (surely), of coz she divoce with takumi later that is easy to understand.
    and do takumi really is with reira now? and what's mean "r u sure u only want to be one of my many lovers?". what a evil and flir takumi? and what will happen if reira answer no? as he said she is very special to him, then will he break off with nana and together with reira immediatly?
    i'm kind of understand, but i can't stop myself from scolding them "stupid" (abit angry and cry actualy). why r they must wait until now? until now? when he already have wife, when she tried to fall in love with many other man. why? why from the very beginning, they didnt say one word to each other, then everything better, though? (sorry for my emotion)
    is it fair for nana? is it ok for reira? how reira face nana later? and takumi is till be a evil (i hate, hate, hate a hate him though, he make me cry alot of time)
    at the end, yasu still be a hero (i like him all the time).
    does takumi ever love nana?

New Reply
Page 7 of 34 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast