Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 489 by kewl0210 , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)

Thread: Looking for artist(s)

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member XEL's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Looking for artist(s)

So yeah, I'm sad E21's ended so I decided to write a spin-off with american players based off Agon and Unsui. The story will follow them throughout their high school lives all the way through their pro-careers. Obviously its not gonna be as long but I just wanted something along these lines. The person who is Agon's embodiment is named Alex and has and even faster reaction time of .09 seconds, breaking the known human barrier making him excel in everything while the brother, Ben(Unsui), is barely able to keep up. They make many friends during the story and eventually play each other on different NFL teams. Basically I'm taking Inagaki's idea of the Kongo brothers and expanding upon it. Due to this expect many aspects to be the same. I just wanted to give E21 readers a little something to do, especially since everyone seemed to like the manga so much. and yea...I can't draw which is why I'd like an artist or two...or three, lol. basically we finish the whole story and we'll release it week by week, or sooner, etc. and yea. Anyone interested in helping?

EDIT: you don't even have to be that great. like even if you can do chibi that'd be nice :]
    Last edited by XEL; June 15, 2009 at 12:14 PM.

Washington 2012
    ~ We're baaaaaaaaaack ~

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Bo Ashi's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Looking for artist(s)

I dont know if i could keep up doing a whole "series" or a doujinshi right now, but i would love to do some artwork or pages for it at least! The Kongo brothers and the Shinryuuji team is my favorite arc of the whole series!

I have to say though, is even better reaction time enough for Agons "rival"? Isn't there anything else he could do as well, just to widen the gap a bit more?

Want me to post some artwork and drawings showing my ideas here, or pm you about it?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice. I'm currently gathering a few friends to make a team. Please do post a few pics ^^ Do you have an aim? It'd be easier to talk about this there
    Basically the genius is going to be Agon/Taka/Yamato.
    He is gonna have a reaction like Agon's making him awesome.
    He can jump 8 meters[long] like Taka. Vertically he can jump 4 feet and can jump up to 5 with a running start.
    He has Yamato's strength and height(little bit shorter).
    Ben on the other hand, unlike Unsui is gonna suck. He is barely a 2rd string( i think) LB. Basically we follow his life(and Alex's) through highschool till the NFL and we see how Ben grows and eventually becomes enough to be a challenge for Alex to play against.
    They also have two friends. A center and QB. sound familiar ^^
    The center is gonna be tall and be extremely muscular, benching 400 atleast(i'm using this kid at my school as the basis for this character. yes, the kid really benches 400).
    The QB is a decent-heighted asian boy with a prosthetic left arm but an extremely toned right arm making a hell of a QB.

Washington 2012
    ~ We're baaaaaaaaaack ~

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Bo Ashi's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh, i thought it was going to be about Agon and Unsui. :P

I like the idea about the guy with the prosthetic arm though!

I dont have aim, but i'll put some drawings together and post them here or something... I already started a few pictures with Agon, but they could at least show my style and what i think ^^
    Last edited by Bo Ashi; June 17, 2009 at 05:43 AM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Haha. nice.
    Yea, I thought since I'm basing this off someone else's idea I might as well go a route no one ever has before. So I'm putting in a power, yet handicapped, QB

Washington 2012
    ~ We're baaaaaaaaaack ~

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello,haven't been on this site for a while.. i wonder,can i contribute some chars as well? (I will volunteer as an artist but time is not on my side..plus i suck at drawing lol ^^')

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Fell free to ake some characters ^^ I havent been working on this at all since I've been busy lately...and by busy i mean swim practice, conditioning for basketball and football...and then just being lazy xD but yea, pm me some ideas ^^ I was supposed to send the artist a rough "draft" of the first few chapters but...

Washington 2012
    ~ We're baaaaaaaaaack ~