Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)

View Poll Results: Which event should we have next? [Details in post #1024]

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tennis Doubles Tournament

    1 25.00%
  • Beach Volleyball Tournament

    3 75.00%
  • Other (Please specify in the thread)

    0 0%
New Reply
Page 11 of 71 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 165 of 1056

Thread: Shin Prince of Tennis Hangout Thread

  1. #151
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Ravsieg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Country
    Portugal
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    325
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Hangout Thread

    I bet it's like, "It's taking 7 shots but you win it."
    ~ Tirawit Kokin

  2. #152
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Country
    Germany
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    111
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Hangout Thread

    Or: "Hm, lets see" - he turns on Saiki - "It will be the..." - he stops, closes his eyes, after that he just groans. "Okay, 1.324 shots... lets call it a day then."

    Honestly, from what we know about Saiki it can speed up your brain functions but you still need the phiyical ability to make the predictions become true. Or would it an advantage for the average amateur to know how he could win a point against Federer or Nadal if he/she just cannot hit the ball the way his prediction tells him to?

  3. #153
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sherlock Holmes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Country
    Canada
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,609
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Hangout Thread

    True. Even if you are a chessmaster, if you only have pawns and the opponent has say, 8 queens, it's not that it's impossible to win. But it's freaking freaking hard, and would take freaking forever. And I mean it. It would take at least ten to eleven hours, and your opponent had to be a moron.

    Chitose is going to lose due to Kintarou having infinite stamina.(On that note, Kintarou would most likely have won against Echizen had it been a full set instead of a point right?)

  4. #154
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Ravsieg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Country
    Portugal
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    325
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Hangout Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by DavenSodan View Post
    Or: "Hm, lets see" - he turns on Saiki - "It will be the..." - he stops, closes his eyes, after that he just groans. "Okay, 1.324 shots... lets call it a day then."

    Honestly, from what we know about Saiki it can speed up your brain functions but you still need the phiyical ability to make the predictions become true. Or would it an advantage for the average amateur to know how he could win a point against Federer or Nadal if he/she just cannot hit the ball the way his prediction tells him to?
    This is quite my point. That's why I guess Chitose would predict the correct amount of shots, but that wouldn't prevent him from losing that point.
    ~ Tirawit Kokin

  5. #155
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member javimgol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Madrid/Salamanca
    Country
    Spain
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    755
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Hangout Thread

    Chitose makes the prediction which permits him win the points with the minor number of shots. If that prediction includes, as you have said, too much shots, during that rally he won´t have the stamina to keep resisting, so his prediction won't become true and he will lose the point.

  6. #156
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Country
    Germany
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    111
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Hangout Thread

    Hm, one thing that came to my mind recently was if Oshitari can counter Saiki with his Closed Mind thing ala Poker face... well can he? Or not?

    Also did any of Hyotei besides Atobe had a completly new technique? Oshitari had his thousand techniques, but they were more for tactical reason, not really special shots. Ootori had just a faster serve and his bad habit was gone. Kabaji just copied. Double 2 showed nothing, didnt they?

  7. #157
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Atobe the king's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    NY
    Country
    United States
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,402
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Hangout Thread

    Nope..they just got suped up is all...

    It's fine with me because it made Atobe look even more awesome.
    When's Prince of Tennis Smash Hit 4

  8. #158
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Bowser's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,100
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Hangout Thread

    I think Oshtari can. Fuji can with closed eyes, and Oshitari can close his mind right (at least thats what momo said...?)?

    We had Hiyoshi able to return Atobe's serve and got rid of his stamina issue. Gakuto got pwned. Yeah, pretty much. Not a very interesting chapter this month though.

  9. #159
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member javimgol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Madrid/Salamanca
    Country
    Spain
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    755
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Hangout Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by DavenSodan View Post
    Hm, one thing that came to my mind recently was if Oshitari can counter Saiki with his Closed Mind thing ala Poker face... well can he? Or not?

    Also did any of Hyotei besides Atobe had a completly new technique? Oshitari had his thousand techniques, but they were more for tactical reason, not really special shots. Ootori had just a faster serve and his bad habit was gone. Kabaji just copied. Double 2 showed nothing, didnt they?
    Are you referring to Nationals or U-17?
    In Nationals, Ootori & Shishido got Mirage too (another way to destroy Australian formation).In any case, they lost only 3-2 because Seigaku's line-up was horrible and Golden Pair suffered one of the most weird defeats of PoT.

  10. #160
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Atobe the king's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    NY
    Country
    United States
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,402
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Hangout Thread

    how was their line up horrible?

    S3- Momo is an awesome singles player..why Konomi made him a doubles "specialist" during Kanto is beyond me

    D2 - Inui and Kaido are the best doubles troll team next to Yagyu and Nio, they were the perfect opponents for Enbu boy and Gakuto

    S2 - It was tezuka he was beating anyone he played

    D1 - it's the golden pair...how is putting them in D1 horrible, and their defeat wasn't weird, player retire to avoid serious injury all the time.

    s1 - Ryoma is broken, nuff said
    When's Prince of Tennis Smash Hit 4

  11. #161
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member javimgol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Madrid/Salamanca
    Country
    Spain
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    755
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Hangout Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Atobe the king View Post
    how was their line up horrible?

    S3- Momo is an awesome singles player..why Konomi made him a doubles "specialist" during Kanto is beyond me

    D2 - Inui and Kaido are the best doubles troll team next to Yagyu and Nio, they were the perfect opponents for Enbu boy and Gakuto

    S2 - It was tezuka he was beating anyone he played

    D1 - it's the golden pair...how is putting them in D1 horrible, and their defeat wasn't weird, player retire to avoid serious injury all the time.

    s1 - Ryoma is broken, nuff said
    Golden pair played because of the rain, the players in D1 would have been Kawamura and Fuji, we suppose (they did pretty well before VS Higa).
    Silver Pair seems to be much better than Kawamura- Fuji.
    In any case, why Fuji, "tensai" and one of the TOP 3 of Seigaku didn't play Singles 1, 2 or 3??. That has no sense at all, except giving emotion to QF and make Fuji's SF more epic.
    And for me the key point: if Ryoma hadn´t Tezuka's level (he said that before VS Atobe's match), why was him in S1 VS Atobe? He won almost thanks to a miracle, in a eternal tie-breack and, IMAO, playing worse than Atobe (IMAO, he won only because he was the main character). Ryoma in S1 was a risk.

    If Ryuzaki would've been intelligent (Seigaku's Final's line-up was great, well, Konomi designed perfectly the Final), Oshitari would have played VS Ryoma or Fuji, and Seigaku would have had 3-0 at the end of S2. Then, you could have the pair you'd like in D2 VS Silver Pair, losing but winning experience, and Momo, for example (he needed to play VS rivals better than him(http://www.onemanga.com/Prince_of_Tennis/277/05/) being destroyed but Atobe. You just need to change Ryoma and Momo's positions, or put Fuji in Momo's place.But in that case QF would have had the same emotion of "who-would-win?" of R/16: zero.

    QF was epic, great, and make all of us love Hyotei even more. Momo needed a Singles match, Inui-Kaidoh won a match,and making Atobe VS Ryoma of the most epical moments of Prince of Tennis.But, being logical, Seigaku's line-up wasn´t good

  12. #162
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Atobe the king's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    NY
    Country
    United States
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,402
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Hangout Thread

    for one if you pay attention the semis and quarters were played on the same day....Fuji was rested for Shiraishi.

    Also this is a manga not real tennis..you need to give lots of characters screen time..sure it makes more sense to use fuji than Momo but momo hadn't played singles since..Sengoku right?
    When's Prince of Tennis Smash Hit 4

  13. #163
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member javimgol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Madrid/Salamanca
    Country
    Spain
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    755
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Hangout Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Atobe the king View Post
    for one if you pay attention the semis and quarters were played on the same day....Fuji was rested for Shiraishi.

    Also this is a manga not real tennis..you need to give lots of characters screen time..sure it makes more sense to use fuji than Momo but momo hadn't played singles since..Sengoku right?
    When it was stated they played the same day?
    First of all, QF happened in two consecutive days because of the rain.So it has no much sense 3 days playing without rest. And the aftermatch of Shiten VS Fudoumine, with Chitose "exit" of the team, Chitose & Shiraishi, Fuji & Tezuka chats, lineups...since too mucho for just ¿two, three hours?

    About the second paragraph, you're right.One of the biggest virtues of Konomi is that he doesn´t forget secondary characters, giving all of them screen time

  14. #164
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Atobe the king's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    NY
    Country
    United States
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,402
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Hangout Thread

    It was on the same day..trust me

    Pay attention
    Beating Hyotei
    http://www.onemanga.com/Prince_of_Tennis/305/15-16/

    Sitting on the lawn. Coach Ryuzaki to Sakuno "If you were here a little earlier..."
    http://www.onemanga.com/Prince_of_Tennis/306/01/
    When's Prince of Tennis Smash Hit 4

  15. #165
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member javimgol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Madrid/Salamanca
    Country
    Spain
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    755
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Hangout Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Atobe the king View Post
    It was on the same day..trust me

    Pay attention
    Beating Hyotei
    http://www.onemanga.com/Prince_of_Tennis/305/15-16/

    Sitting on the lawn. Coach Ryuzaki to Sakuno "If you were here a little earlier..."
    http://www.onemanga.com/Prince_of_Tennis/306/01/
    Of course that is true, Shiten VS Fudoumine was the same day as Hyotei VS Seigaku. But after all the Shiten VS Fudoumine, happened all the things I have posted before. And of course has no sense, as I stated before, 3 days playing without rest, they are 15 years old guys

New Reply
Page 11 of 71 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts