Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)

View Poll Results: Which event should we have next? [Details in post #1024]

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tennis Doubles Tournament

1 33.33%
  • Beach Volleyball Tournament

2 66.67%
  • Other (Please specify in the thread)

0 0%
New Reply
Page 22 of 69 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 ... LastLast

Thread: Shin Prince of Tennis Hangout Thread

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Hangout Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Brandnewkid View Post
    Yep. 5 of the ten players on those spreads have been confirmed already. I think Konomi was trying to tell us something back there.

---------- Post added at 07:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:23 PM ----------

If that really turns out to be the line-up, I think it'd be pretty decent at best. Ryoma and Sanada for obvious reasons, Shiraishi kicks ass at singles and doubles, so does Tachibana though moreso singles than doubles, Tanishi has decent power and can hit five balls at once and got the fat-loss upgrade, Atobe's a great player and so is Kite, Bunta's net play is insane, and Nioh runs the whole series.
    After they returned to camp, Tanishi ate a lot and became fat again, sort of like what happened with Araki in Area no Kishi, although Araki does eventually become thin again.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Yep. 5 of the ten players on those spreads have been confirmed already. I think Konomi was trying to tell us something back there.
    Actually I looked at the spread again and can't find Niou anywhere. Where is he?

---------- Post added at 05:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:35 PM ----------

While we're discussing line-ups, after rereading Ch 69, I feel like Irie might replace Ohmagari before the match.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
    Actually I looked at the spread again and can't find Niou anywhere. Where is he?

---------- Post added at 05:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:35 PM ----------

While we're discussing line-ups, after rereading Ch 69, I feel like Irie might replace Ohmagari before the match.
    It could just be that no one expected Irie to play, and those are all the players who don't have a badge, so...

It does say that it is G10 vs 2nd Stringers here, so Kazuya definitely can play, although I'm still unsure.

http://www.mangahere.com/manga/new_p...08/c070/7.html

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brandnewkid's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FrostyMouse View Post
    It does say that it is G10 vs 2nd Stringers here
    That spread is 2nd Stringers only, and Nioh was already a member of the 1st String by the time.

Which brings me to ask, how was Nioh even able to play against the G10 seeing how he was already a member of the 1st String? It's supposed to be a G10 / U-17 Overseas Representatives vs. 2nd Stringers exhibition match, so how come Nioh got to play on the 2nd Stringers' side? He was already one of the 1st Stringers by the time, so ...

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

That spread is 2nd Stringers only, and Nioh was already a member of the 1st String by the time.

Which brings me to ask, how was Nioh even able to play against the G10 seeing how he was already a member of the 1st String? It's supposed to be a G10 / U-17 Overseas Representatives vs. 2nd Stringers exhibition match, so how come Nioh got to play on the 2nd Stringers' side? He was already one of the 1st Stringers by the time, so ...
    If you'll notice, Niou doesn't have his No. 16 badge on any time during the match. Basically, Niou vacated his spot in the top 20, therefore he became a second stringer again.

There are currently two free spots in the 11-20: the No. 13 spot that Kabaji vacated by being eliminated from the U-17 camp, and the No. 16 spot that Niou vacated when he wanted to play in the top 10 matches. The No. 16 spot most likely goes to Kikumaru, so that the GP would be reunited, but the No. 13 spot could ostensibly go to a number of players who just need to be in the top 20. Kaoz and I theorize that Akutsu loses to Oni and then takes the No. 13 spot, so we then have Kawamura/Akutsu.
    Last edited by FrostyMouse; July 08, 2012 at 05:50 PM.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Since I don't see (m)any more votes being cast, the poll is over. Results are:

The reason why you only get a screenshot is because I needed the space for a second poll. Blame the forum software.

In any case, when playing around a bit with the teams, I had the feeling that there was a rather large gap for the doubles in particular, so I wondered whether you would prefer throwing a couple makeshift pairs in instead of only having canonical ones (e.g. Marui/Kite would have been considered a makeshift pair before the latest chapters). It might be possible to go with only canonical ones, but it'd include pairs like Taira/Hara, where we've only really seen one half of the pair do anything.

Again, please vote for what you'd like to have.

EDIT: Apparently there's another unexpected issue with polls here, I'll post again once it's fixed. Sorry about that.

---------- Post added at 12:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:42 AM ----------

There we go.
    Last edited by Kaoz; July 09, 2012 at 04:44 AM.

Custom Title 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Darjaille's Avatar
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

More makeshift pairs for me, gives more things to discuss. How the partners would work together on top of ho the confrontation of teams would be...

And currently it seems that two strong singles players make stronger team than 'the true doubles' (GP, SP), and I don't think there would be enough strong-enough canon pairs?

ex oriente lux

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Makeshift pair. It should make for a much more interesting discussion. Non-cannon wise, tier list pretty is already a place to do that.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hardy's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Makeshift, the only two high-level Ms pairs are the Golden Pair and Marui-Jackal...

I really want to see Kikumaru pairing with someone that isn´t Oishi (nor Niou...who would obviously transform into Oishi)
    Quote Originally Posted by gnut View Post
    I know it's tough on you jose...imagine me
    fapfapfap

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

If you'll notice, Niou doesn't have his No. 16 badge on any time during the match. Basically, Niou vacated his spot in the top 20, therefore he became a second stringer again.
    True, true.

Quote Quote:
    There are currently two free spots in the 11-20: the No. 13 spot that Kabaji vacated by being eliminated from the U-17 camp, and the No. 16 spot that Niou vacated when he wanted to play in the top 10 matches. The No. 16 spot most likely goes to Kikumaru, so that the GP would be reunited, but the No. 13 spot could ostensibly go to a number of players who just need to be in the top 20. Kaoz and I theorize that Akutsu loses to Oni and then takes the No. 13 spot, so we then have Kawamura/Akutsu.
    I think that second spot would go to Fuji. Fuji-Kawamura pair, revived.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't really know where to throw this, but I guess I might as well put it here. Forget what I said in the chapter discussion a few days ago.

Spoiler: New long term prediction show

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I still don't want Marui/Kite, Kaoz. I know Konomi likes Higa, but I still think Kimijima/Tohno offscreen Marui/Kite, and then something like Chitose/Fuji or Shiraishi/Fuji beat Kimijima/Tohno. Well, realistically, I agree that Marui/Kite don't seem to be losing here, but I don't want them in the top 20. I'd be okay with them as 12/13, 15/16, or 18/19, but not in the top 10.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I still don't want Marui/Kite, Kaoz. I know Konomi likes Higa, but I still think Kimijima/Tohno offscreen Marui/Kite, and then something like Chitose/Fuji or Shiraishi/Fuji beat Kimijima/Tohno. Well, realistically, I agree that Marui/Kite don't seem to be losing here, but I don't want them in the top 20. I'd be okay with them as 12/13, 15/16, or 18/19, but not in the top 10.
    I feel like everyone wants this kind of line-up because they want the most popular/flashy/coolest characters to be in the Top 10. Understandably so, I rather have the line-up that Konomi goes with. It's clear that he wants to let not only the popular characters shine, but the good players as well. Marui and Kite are two great players. Sure, they aren't Fuji or Shiraishi or Yukimura, but they're awesome players in their own right. So is Tanishi.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fayte's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    I agree that Marui/Kite don't seem to be losing here, but I don't want them in the top 20. I'd be okay with them as 12/13, 15/16, or 18/19, but not in the top 10.
    I agree with this. I think many other characters belong in the top 10.

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fayte View Post
    I agree with this. I think many other characters belong in the top 10.
    Marui and Kite is an incredibly balanced and great pair. Am I the only one who applauds Konomi for his choice here? He really has a good sense of balance. Everyone wants to see a straight YUKIMURA-RYOMA-SANADA-FUJI-AKUTSU-SENGOKU-SHIRAISHI-GENIUS 1-GENIUS 2-GENIUS 3-SUPER CHARACTER line-up, but it seems more realistic the way Konomi is doing things.

New Reply
Page 22 of 69 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 ... LastLast