Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/15/14 - 9/21/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo

View Poll Results: Which event should we have next? [Details in post #1024]

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tennis Doubles Tournament

1 25.00%
  • Beach Volleyball Tournament

3 75.00%
  • Other (Please specify in the thread)

0 0%
New Reply
Page 23 of 73 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 ... LastLast

Thread: Shin Prince of Tennis Hangout Thread

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Hangout Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Brandnewkid View Post
    Marui and Kite is an incredibly balanced and great pair. Am I the only one who applauds Konomi for his choice here? He really has a good sense of balance. Everyone wants to see a straight YUKIMURA-RYOMA-SANADA-FUJI-AKUTSU-SENGOKU-SHIRAISHI-GENIUS 1-GENIUS 2-GENIUS 3-SUPER CHARACTER line-up, but it seems more realistic the way Konomi is doing things.
    It IS a great pair. But I rank all those characters you list except beside Sengoku as those people who I would like to be see playing more. I don't anyone will call them "bad" pair. And everyone will most likely be excited to see them fighting for 11-20 spot.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brandnewkid's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by -Ken- View Post
    It IS a great pair. But I rank all those characters you list except beside Sengoku as those people who I would like to be see playing more. I don't anyone will call them "bad" pair. And everyone will most likely be excited to see them fighting for 11-20 spot.
    We all know who the 'super players' are. But you can't just lump them all in together just because. Gotta give the rest of the middle-school selection some showtime, too. Things like seeing Marui play gives me hope that we'll see more of players like Richard Sakata and Zaizen Hikaru.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

We all know who the 'super players' are. But you can't just lump them all in together just because. Gotta give the rest of the middle-school selection some showtime, too. Things like seeing Marui play gives me hope that we'll see more of players like Richard Sakata and Zaizen Hikaru.
    We've actually never seen Zaizen play. The only thing he did in the entire series was be unable to touch Tezuka's ball.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fayte's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Marui and Kite is an incredibly balanced and great pair. Am I the only one who applauds Konomi for his choice here? He really has a good sense of balance. Everyone wants to see a straight YUKIMURA-RYOMA-SANADA-FUJI-AKUTSU-SENGOKU-SHIRAISHI-GENIUS 1-GENIUS 2-GENIUS 3-SUPER CHARACTER line-up, but it seems more realistic the way Konomi is doing things.
    I have made it very clear in past posts that I think the Kite/Bunta pair was a very good choice. However, I do not believe they are competing in the correct tier. Lets face it, Atobe is better than both Kite and Bunta, and yet Atobe and Niou basically lost to people lower on the food chain. If Konomi wants to tell the viewers "Lower the number, better the skill," Kite/Bunta pair does not belong where they are. Like it's been said, they belong in the 11-20 section. 1-10 is already filled with S and A tier with some left over.

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyMouse View Post
    We've actually never seen Zaizen play. The only thing he did in the entire series was be unable to touch Tezuka's ball.
    I know. But if Konomi is giving non-super star characters a chance, then what makes you say we won't see any of him now?

Quote Originally Posted by Fayte View Post
    I have made it very clear in past posts that I think the Kite/Bunta pair was a very good choice. However, I do not believe they are competing in the correct tier. Lets face it, Atobe is better than both Kite and Bunta, and yet Atobe and Niou basically lost to people lower on the food chain. If Konomi wants to tell the viewers "Lower the number, better the skill," Kite/Bunta pair does not belong where they are. Like it's been said, they belong in the 11-20 section. 1-10 is already filled with S and A tier with some left over.
    How is Atobe better than both Kite and Bunta? Atobe's a great player, don't get me wrong. But, Kite Eishiro put Okinawa and Higa on the map. He also stepped over every school's ace player that he would ever come across during the Kyuushuu district tournament. Atobe has his insightful techniques, but Kite also has Shukuchiho; do you really think Atobe would be able to keep up with that? World of Ice and Atobe Kingdom are dangerous skills, but they're not the same as Ryoma's/Kikumaru's/Sengoku's motion vision. I don't think Atobe would be able to discern Kite's movements with Shukuchiho. Shukuchiho also renders Rondo Towards Destruction/Fugue Towards Despair useless, because Kite could just zap around until he's back in a good position. Not saying that Kite would obliterate Atobe, but don't think Atobe would automatically win just because he's Atobe / a popular character.

And Atobe and Marui aren't really that comparable, considering Marui's a doubles dude. But, I can say that Marui is a better doubles player than Atobe. Yes, Atobe used Synchro with Nioh, but c'mon, that was Nioh ... who became Atobe ... It's not that farfetched to believe that Atobe could use Synchro with himself, considering how egotistical he is.

I think you're forgetting that, Atobe/Nioh is not a true doubles pair. It was something made up the very night before the matches. Yes, so was Marui/Kite, but you gotta remember, Kite's a national-leveled player while Marui was arguably a part of the best doubles combo in middle school tennis ... until Kikumaru/Oishi. Nioh was a great doubles player, but the whole trickster thing really only worked to it's fullest extent with The Gentleman, who himself was also a trickster.
    Last edited by Brandnewkid; July 09, 2012 at 11:48 PM.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I know. But if Konomi is giving non-super star characters a chance, then what makes you say we won't see any of him now?
    First of all, while Kite and Marui aren't top tier players, they're still good players. People like Zaizen are completely insignificant, and Zaizen in particular only matters to the tenimyu fans. Richard's just a joke character who has just been used to show characters leveling up, such as losing to Sengoku and getting massacred by Krauser.

How is Atobe better than both Kite and Bunta? Atobe's a great player, don't get me wrong. But, Kite Eishiro put Okinawa and Higa on the map. He also stepped over every school's ace player that he would ever come across during the Kyuushuu district tournament. Atobe has his insightful techniques, but Kite also has Shukuchiho; do you really think Atobe would be able to keep up with that? World of Ice and Atobe Kingdom are dangerous skills, but they're not the same as Ryoma's/Kikumaru's/Sengoku's motion vision. I don't think Atobe would be able to discern Kite's movements with Shukuchiho. Shukuchiho also renders Rondo Towards Destruction/Fugue Towards Despair useless, because Kite could just zap around until he's back in a good position. Not saying that Kite would obliterate Atobe, but don't think Atobe would automatically win just because he's Atobe / a popular character.
    Atobe just is better. For all Omni-Directional Shukuchihou (ODS) is worth, KnS and AK are just too high level of techs for ODS to deal with. Don't start thinking that ODS just allows you to automatically return every ball, as he can be overpowered and left unable to reach balls. Yes, Hyakuren is an extremely powerful tech, but it still showed that ODS has limits. Ryoma's/Kikumaru's/Sengoku's motion vision are all far beneath Insight.

And Atobe and Marui aren't really that comparable, considering Marui's a doubles dude. But, I can say that Marui is a better doubles player than Atobe. Yes, Atobe used Synchro with Nioh, but c'mon, that was Nioh ... who became Atobe ... It's not that farfetched to believe that Atobe could use Synchro with himself, considering how egotistical he is.
    Atobe's still a better player than Marui, even though Marui specializes in volleying.

I think you're forgetting that, Atobe/Nioh is not a true doubles pair. It was something made up the very night before the matches. Yes, so was Marui/Kite, but you gotta remember, Kite's a national-leveled player while Marui was arguably a part of the best doubles combo in middle school tennis ... until Kikumaru/Oishi. Nioh was a great doubles player, but the whole trickster thing really only worked to it's fullest extent with The Gentleman, who himself was also a trickster.
    You can't use an argument against Atobe/Niou, but then claim that the same argument doesn't apply to Marui/Kite. Marui/Kite is essentially an upgraded form of Marui/Jackal, as Kite can defend much better than Jackal ever could, plus actually possesses a good amount of offense with Big Bang.

Atobe/Niou worked together and eventually ended up with Synchro, which made them into a great pair. When Niou played with Yagyuu, he never even used Illusion (didn't have it at the time), so he couldn't be as good anyway. Yagyuu also likes cosplay, as shown when he plays with Kaidou.

Atobe/Niou make a far better combination in that both of them are more talented than both Marui and Kite, and as Kite's not a doubles player, it's not as if he has an advantage over Niou there. Moreover, not only are Atobe/Niou more talented, which would probably get them the win over another hastily thrown together pair anyway, with Synchro, they become a much better pair. It's hard to fathom a power up which would make Marui/Kite better than Atobe/Niou. Atobe/Niou struggled against Ochi/Mouri, at least before Synchro, and Kimijima/Tohno are even better than Ochi/Mouri. Marui/Kite don't have Synchro or anything, so their advantages are slim. Kimijima/Tohno almost certainly lose as Tohno's attacked three players so far, so he's nonredeemable, which means that Marui/Kite win, and their bases/techs shouldn't make much of an impact on Kimijima/Tohno. It's just a sticky situation, in that Marui/Kite shouldn't have much team chemistry, and the 7/8 pair should be better than them.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyMouse View Post
    First of all, while Kite and Marui aren't top tier players, they're still good players. People like Zaizen are completely insignificant, and Zaizen in particular only matters to the tenimyu fans. Richard's just a joke character who has just been used to show characters leveling up, such as losing to Sengoku and getting massacred by Krauser.
    Zaizen was already said to be a genius. We're going to see him eventually, I'd like to believe. Richard, yeah, you're probably right.

Quote Quote:
    Atobe just is better.
    You're not saying anythingggggggg. How is he just better?

Quote Quote:
    For all Omni-Directional Shukuchihou (ODS) is worth, KnS and AK are just too high level of techs for ODS to deal with.
    How are they high level techniques? You're only saying that because Atobe gets so much screentime you're led to believe that. I admit Atobe Kingdom is amazing but it's not flawless. And World of Ice, even Oshitari can beat that.

Quote Quote:
    Ryoma's/Kikumaru's/Sengoku's motion vision are all far beneath Insight.
    You can't compare the two. Insight is the ability to know what the opponent will do based on certain conditions, or to realize those conditions at any given moment. Motion vision is the ability to see dynamic objects with clear vision. This is why Sengoku was able to trace Richard Sakata, even though his legs were barely visible to the normal eye. They are two completely different skills.

Quote Quote:
    Atobe's still a better player than Marui, even though Marui specializes in volleying.
    Whaddyouevenmeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeean. Again, this isn't really saying anything.

Quote Quote:
    You can't use an argument against Atobe/Niou, but then claim that the same argument doesn't apply to Marui/Kite. Marui/Kite is essentially an upgraded form of Marui/Jackal, as Kite can defend much better than Jackal ever could, plus actually possesses a good amount of offense with Big Bang.
    This is exactly why I can. Marui is now paired with someone who is an upgraded version of his former partner, who was already a champion doubles pair. Atobe paired up with someone he never so much as spoke to before. But, Marui and Kite is basically super Marui/Jackal, so Marui's talents are even more pronounced.

Quote Quote:
    Atobe/Niou make a far better combination in that both of them are more talented than both Marui and Kite, and as Kite's not a doubles player, it's not as if he has an advantage over Niou there. Moreover, not only are Atobe/Niou more talented, which would probably get them the win over another hastily thrown together pair anyway, with Synchro, they become a much better pair. It's hard to fathom a power up which would make Marui/Kite better than Atobe/Niou. Atobe/Niou struggled against Ochi/Mouri, at least before Synchro, and Kimijima/Tohno are even better than Ochi/Mouri. Marui/Kite don't have Synchro or anything, so their advantages are slim. Kimijima/Tohno almost certainly lose as Tohno's attacked three players so far, so he's nonredeemable, which means that Marui/Kite win, and their bases/techs shouldn't make much of an impact on Kimijima/Tohno. It's just a sticky situation, in that Marui/Kite shouldn't have much team chemistry, and the 7/8 pair should be better than them.
    You probably won't say that by the end of the match.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fayte's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think any of us are saying Bunta/Kite is a worse doubles team than Atobe/Niou. What I am saying is Atobe as a tennis player is better than both Kite and Bunta, so he is on a higher tier level. Niou is better than Bunta, and arguably better than Kite. When you objectively look at the evidence, on paper, Atobe/Niou should have a higher overall ability level. It is like trying to compare Sanada/Yukimura to Eiji/Oishi. Yes Golden pair is considered the best MS doubles team, but when they face two singles players who are just flat out better than them, they would get destroyed regardless. It's the same with this.

As for how Atobe is better than Kite:

Nationals Kite would have been demolished by Kantou Sanada. Kite has big bang, but Sanada is physically strong. Kite has shukuchi, but Sanada has Zan and Muga. Shukuchi is not like a Rai teleport, as it is just an illusion. I don't think anyone would argue that Kantou Sanada wouldn't have beat Kite the same way he has been beating Atobe. That said, Atobe created World of Ice so he could beat Sanada's Zan. That automatically puts Nationals Atobe on a higher level than Nationals Kite. I mean lets face it, for 4 games, Kite was playing the crappy gimp Kantou Tezuka. People like Sanada and Yukimura were already very familiar with playing PoHW Tezuka, so Kantou Tezuka was a joke to them. The second Tezuka used PoHW, Kite didn't get a single point and Tezuka won. That would not have happened to anybody in tiers S and A. Even Chitose played evenly with PoHW Tezuka which automatically says Chitose > Kite. Since Nationals Chitose is basically the same skill level as Nationals Atobe, that means Atobe > Kite.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fayte View Post
    It is like trying to compare Sanada/Yukimura to Eiji/Oishi.
    It's nothing like that at all.

As for how Atobe is better than Kite:

Quote Quote:
    Nationals Kite would have been demolished by Kantou Sanada. Kite has big bang, but Sanada is physically strong. Kite has shukuchi, but Sanada has Zan and Muga. Shukuchi is not like a Rai teleport, as it is just an illusion. I don't think anyone would argue that Kantou Sanada wouldn't have beat Kite the same way he has been beating Atobe. That said, Atobe created World of Ice so he could beat Sanada's Zan. That automatically puts Nationals Atobe on a higher level than Nationals Kite. I mean lets face it, for 4 games, Kite was playing the crappy gimp Kantou Tezuka. People like Sanada and Yukimura were already very familiar with playing PoHW Tezuka, so Kantou Tezuka was a joke to them. The second Tezuka used PoHW, Kite didn't get a single point and Tezuka won. That would not have happened to anybody in tiers S and A. Even Chitose played evenly with PoHW Tezuka which automatically says Chitose > Kite. Since Nationals Chitose is basically the same skill level as Nationals Atobe, that means Atobe > Kite.
    First off, lets get one thing clear. You do realize that the Shukuchiho is an actual East Asian martial arts technique? It's not a super-running/teleport technique, it's a skill that uses fancy footwork to give people the impression that the person used it to close the distance between themselves and the opponent in one step. Yes, it is an illusion, but it is effective all the same.

Now, Sanada is physically strong? I don't see how you can use that as a point, seeing how Kite is an expert at Okinawan martial arts.

And all this talk about gimp Tezuka does nothing for me, considering Kite's skills and reputation as a player even had Sanada and the rest of Rikkai worried for a second.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

@Brandnewkid how would Oshitari overcome WOI unless he has a zone or no blind spots he isn't overcoming WOI.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Roronoa Zoro View Post
    @Brandnewkid how would Oshitari overcome WOI unless he has a zone or no blind spots he isn't overcoming WOI.
    Oshitari's Poker Face.

13. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Oshitari's Poker Face.
    This is neither confirmed nor implied in any way, shape or form to my knowledge.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
    This is neither confirmed nor implied in any way, shape or form to my knowledge.
    Neither is "Sanada has Ka so he is physically stronger than Kite" like he said.

But to me, I think it's common sense. Oshitari's Pokerface hides all of his habitual movements and such, giving the impression that he isn't even there. The effect is similar to that of Sanada's In. If the person isn't even there, how can Atobe use his insight?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Oshitari's Poker Face.
    It only closed Oshitari's mind and prevented Momo from using his insight. WOI is too much for Oshitari, like AK.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LetalHawk View Post
    That only closes his mind and only kept Momo from using his insight. WOI is too much for Oshitari.
    Wtf?

New Reply
Page 23 of 73 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 ... LastLast