Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)

View Poll Results: Which event should we have next? [Details in post #1024]

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tennis Doubles Tournament

1 25.00%
  • Beach Volleyball Tournament

3 75.00%
  • Other (Please specify in the thread)

0 0%
New Reply
Page 25 of 73 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 ... LastLast

Thread: Shin Prince of Tennis Hangout Thread

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Hangout Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Fayte View Post
    Me saying that is part hyperbole and part serious. They are too high a tier to for Big Bang to have any effect on them whatsoever. It's like every other serve. It all depends on the tier of the person hitting it.
    I personallly believe Neo Scud Serve will take a few tries to get used to. It is an amazing serve.

Also, I don't believe Tachibana/Chitose are to be a high level pair.
    Think about it. Next we have No.s 5/6 (Possibly). So 6 more guys. Akutsu and Sanada are strongly hinted to appear again.
    So we have 4 spaces. I believe Ryoma will take a space. I believe that since Fuji is the most popular character right now, he will appear and get improvement.

So two spaces in this 6 left. I dont see Tachibana or Chitose getting them.
    I see Shiraishi appearing more likely than them. I see Tooyama and Yukimura appearing again like Niou did, more likely than them.

At best I believe they will be No.s12-20. (If Irie tries to aim higher).

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    I personallly believe Neo Scud Serve will take a few tries to get used to. It is an amazing serve.

Also, I don't believe Tachibana/Chitose are to be a high level pair.
    Think about it. Next we have No.s 5/6 (Possibly). So 6 more guys. Akutsu and Sanada are strongly hinted to appear again.
    So we have 4 spaces. I believe Ryoma will take a space. I believe that since Fuji is the most popular character right now, he will appear and get improvement.

So two spaces in this 6 left. I dont see Tachibana or Chitose getting them.
    I see Shiraishi appearing more likely than them. I see Tooyama and Yukimura appearing again like Niou did, more likely than them.

At best I believe they will be No.s12-20. (If Irie tries to aim higher).
    We only have five characters left, not six. (Remember that Duke has already played)

I think it's pretty obvious based on the chapters leading into these matches that it will be Tokugawa, Sanada, Ryoma, Akutsu and Kaidoh. If characters like Fuji, Shiraishi, etc were going to play, we most likely would have had something hinting towards that by now, while we've had strong hints for all of those characters.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KuwabaraTheMan View Post
    We only have five characters left, not six. (Remember that Duke has already played)

I think it's pretty obvious based on the chapters leading into these matches that it will be Tokugawa, Sanada, Ryoma, Akutsu and Kaidoh. If characters like Fuji, Shiraishi, etc were going to play, we most likely would have had something hinting towards that by now, while we've had strong hints for all of those characters.
    I don't see Duke staying as the No.3. So I said six on purpose.
    And REALLY? Do you honestly see Kaidoh in a position in the Top 6? He isnt that good a player for such a rank.

The only hint for Kaidoh is that his drink was taken by Tanegashima. Unlike Sanada who has had LOADS of screentime, and Tokugawa and Ryoma who have had loads of screentime.
    Akutsu is the only guy who hasnt had much screentime yet we can still expect to see.

Just think Niou and Atobe are 9-10. They are of the strongest MSers. Top 5 without a doubt. No Tezuka/Ryoma included when I say that sorry.
    Kaidoh cannot compare to the Top 6 I imagine.

Although I could be wrong, and Kaidoh could become the No.6 or higher. I just highly doubt it. I don't think he is anywhere near good enough.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't see Duke staying as the No.3. So I said six on purpose.
    And REALLY? Do you honestly see Kaidoh in a position in the Top 6? He isnt that good a player for such a rank.

The only hint for Kaidoh is that his drink was taken by Tanegashima. Unlike Sanada who has had LOADS of screentime, and Tokugawa and Ryoma who have had loads of screentime.
    Akutsu is the only guy who hasnt had much screentime yet we can still expect to see.

Just think Niou and Atobe are 9-10. They are of the strongest MSers. Top 5 without a doubt. No Tezuka/Ryoma included when I say that sorry.
    Kaidoh cannot compare to the Top 6 I imagine.

Although I could be wrong, and Kaidoh could become the No.6 or higher. I just highly doubt it. I don't think he is anywhere near good enough.
    Right now, I'm expecting Kaidoh and Akutsu to play in Doubles against 5 and 6 and lose, and then Akutsu will get one of the vacated spots. I don't see Kaidoh as getting in the Top 10 right now, but I think he has potential to reach that level eventually.

I'm reasonably certain that those five will be the ones to play because Konomi was clearly setting these matches up. If he wanted to have Fuji or Shiraishi play, he would have given them at least some sort of appearance in those lead up chapters. And while Duke may lose that spot eventually, it won't be during these matches. There's been absolutely no mention of folks being able to play twice, and that wouldn't make much sense. Could Richard and Kadowaki challenge an exhausted Atobe and an unable to move Niou and win their spots by default?

If Niou is actually out for good, I see things going like this:
    Akutsu/Kaidoh lose to 5/6, Akutsu takes one of the three empty spots
    Ryoma beats Ryoga
    Sanada and Tokugawa challenge Tanegashima and Byoudouin, losers wind up with one of the empty slots for each (I'm guessing right now that Sanada and Byoudouin win)

We'll probably see many spots change later on, but I don't think we're going to see multiple matches for Duke in this set of challenges. It would fly against common sense.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Kuwabara, regardless of whether or not Kaidou plays (I don't think it should happen, but the explanation in chapter 83 makes it sound as if it could), I see Kaidou beating Kenya and taking his spot to partner in doubles with Momo. I see Kikumaru taking Niou's vacated No. 16 spot to remake the GP, and then for Kabaji's vacated No. 13 spot, I see Akutsu taking that to make JESUS/Akutsu.

We could see unofficial matches, which could have Duke losing to Irie or someone.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyMouse View Post
    Kuwabara, regardless of whether or not Kaidou plays (I don't think it should happen, but the explanation in chapter 83 makes it sound as if it could), I see Kaidou beating Kenya and taking his spot to partner in doubles with Momo. I see Kikumaru taking Niou's vacated No. 16 spot to remake the GP, and then for Kabaji's vacated No. 13 spot, I see Akutsu taking that to make JESUS/Akutsu.

We could see unofficial matches, which could have Duke losing to Irie or someone.
    LMFAO Jesus haha.
    I personally dont see a Jesus/Akutsu pair though. I see Akutsu as Top 10 material.
    Although I could be wrong anyway, since Yukimura is possibly Top 10 material but is No.11.

Explanation in chptr 83? I need to check it too I guess.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

LMFAO Jesus haha.
    I personally dont see a Jesus/Akutsu pair though. I see Akutsu as Top 10 material.
    Although I could be wrong anyway, since Yukimura is possibly Top 10 material but is No.11.

Explanation in chptr 83? I need to check it too I guess.
    Sai didn't get us a full translation, but basically it had to do with people getting picked to play in the G10 matches not entirely on their own merits as tennis players, but because they had some connection to a G10 member, such as how Kite has apparently pissed off Tohno at some point.

---------- Post added at 12:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:18 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
    Alright, Sai gave me a few notes regarding these chapters:

Spoiler show

Summary:

-Niou goes to the rehabilitation center, Ohmagari makes a comment that Niou might have to retire
    -Oni tells Duke to only use 60% of his power but Duke says he has to go all out or he might be in trouble, this might indicate that Gin's power is ~60% of Duke's
    -there might not be an actual schedule and people just get up when a match is over
    -Kite taunts Tohno and gets "nominated" to play in the next match
    It's along these lines, but I'm still not completely clear as I haven't gotten a word for word tl of the chapter, and without all of the dialogue, I can't be exactly positive, but it definitely makes it possible for a lot more players to play in the G10 matches. I mean, considering that Gin and Marui/Kite are getting to play definitely cuts down on the number of high tier players who will play, and possibly opens the door for a random partner for Akutsu in the 5/6 doubles match. This month's chapter, ignoring the words, more or less already made it clear that Kintarou and Yuki will not be playing in the G10 matches, and this bit of dialogue also more or less means that Fuji probably won't either as he can't stand up to Shuuji or Byoudouin, and he has no stake in the 5/6 doubles match as he has no connection with Oni or Ohmagari, that is, if Ohmagari even plays.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hardy's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm glad that my JESUS-player idea is back in action lol

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eiji Kikumaru View Post
    I'm glad that my JESUS-player idea is back in action lol
    It's not your idea...Kawamura became JESUS the second he used the 108th Level as a serve, and screamed, "JESUS!"

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

After all, I see Ryoma, Sanada, and maybe Tokugawa winning their matches, but I don't think players like Kintarou or Yukimura will appear again.

I like the idea of Kaidoh/Akutsu vs Oni/Oomagari, it would be an epic match, but if Kaidoh plays in a G10 match, that means he must have improved beastly. He could outmatch some G10 player in stamina and tenacity probably.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

It's not your idea...Kawamura became JESUS the second he used the 108th Level as a serve, and screamed, "JESUS!"
    The irony that adds to Kawamura being Jesus is that he was left in a ''cross'' position by Date. I actually laughed when you said that. I might refer to him as Jesus more often now haha.

Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showth...scussion/page4

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eiji Kikumaru View Post
    Regardless of that, as soon as we saw that Kawamura screamed "JESUS," I made the play, and I've called him Jesus since. It's been many months since then, so June's a lot later on...

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
    Since I don't see (m)any more votes being cast, the poll is over. Results are:

The reason why you only get a screenshot is because I needed the space for a second poll. Blame the forum software.

In any case, when playing around a bit with the teams, I had the feeling that there was a rather large gap for the doubles in particular, so I wondered whether you would prefer throwing a couple makeshift pairs in instead of only having canonical ones (e.g. Marui/Kite would have been considered a makeshift pair before the latest chapters). It might be possible to go with only canonical ones, but it'd include pairs like Taira/Hara, where we've only really seen one half of the pair do anything.

Again, please vote for what you'd like to have.
    What happened to this?

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I need some things for it and the person that's helping me out has a low availability right now, so it has to start a bit later than I originally anticipated I fear. Sorry for the inconvenience.

New Reply
Page 25 of 73 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 ... LastLast