Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)

View Poll Results: Which event should we have next? [Details in post #1024]

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tennis Doubles Tournament

1 33.33%
  • Beach Volleyball Tournament

2 66.67%
  • Other (Please specify in the thread)

0 0%
New Reply
Page 29 of 69 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 39 ... LastLast

Thread: Shin Prince of Tennis Hangout Thread

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Hangout Thread

This is interesting.
    So the things to factor in are, whether the play won by 6-0, 6-1 6-2. 6-3 etc.
    And who won in general.

Considering Kirihara mentioned percentages, are we to assume he went up against somebody and lost?
    And are we to assume players like Atobe, Fuji, Shiraishi, Niou and Akutsu won all their matches easily? Since I think we can assume that.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    Considering Kirihara mentioned percentages, are we to assume he went up against somebody and lost?
    And are we to assume players like Atobe, Fuji, Shiraishi, Niou and Akutsu won all their matches easily? Since I think we can assume that.
    Well, if we're going with these simulations, there should be 5-8 players at most that didn't lose any of their matches. Kazuya and Oni seem like the most obvious picks here. I personally believe Yukimura didn't lose any matches since I could see that as reason why he was chosen despite all other MSers being excluded. Ryoma and Sanada are the next that come to my mind who could have a perfect record. If there are others, Irie, Kintarou, Akutsu and Atobe would be decent picks.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

ํThese are interesting number. Is this assuming that there is no rematch against someone whom you fight with before? If it did, then the result pretty much become impossible to calculate.

I highly doubt that Konomi actually run these simulation, though.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

@Kaoz

That's the thing.
    We can assume Tokugawa, Oni, Yukimura shat on whoever appeared in front of them.

But then Irie enjoys trolling and could have perhaps lowered his % for fun?
    Can't see who could stop Ryoma, Sanada, Niou, Atobe, Akutsu or Tooyama from winning out of the HSers though.

We can assume no MSers faced Tokugawa, Oni or Irie too. Since there has been no mention.
    Also, how many HSers could really touch Shiraishi, Fuji, Chitose, Tachibana?

I'm unsure of the whole procedure of this. Mathematically we would have to assume that others won.

There are the other 6 1st Court members from Tokugawa's court.
    They should be in that list. Do we think 1st Court players are weak?

Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, as far as we know, the list most likely consists of

7 1st court (I assume that won't put Shuuji on this list)
    8 3rd court
    Yukimura
    Oni (Since we have to fight Kaji to get his badge back)
    Irie
    2 4th court

No 2nd court, since they all go home. And that sort explain why 3rd court is here. Otherwise, it'll be 8 2nd court and 2 3rd court instead. There might be some 2nd court who didn't run home. But I'm not sure. In that case, replace the 4th court with the 2nd court accordingly.
    Last edited by -Ken-; October 18, 2012 at 01:01 PM.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by -Ken- View Post
    ํThese are interesting number. Is this assuming that there is no rematch against someone whom you fight with before? If it did, then the result pretty much become impossible to calculate.

I highly doubt that Konomi actually run these simulation, though.
    I doubt it too, but now we know how it should work out on average... for whatever it's worth. I'm still hoping we get to see the results in a future data book.

Also these calculations assume that you cannot play the same person twice.

That's the thing.
    We can assume Tokugawa, Oni, Yukimura shat on whoever appeared in front of them.
    I'm kinda unsure about Irie tbh. Remember that this is most likely the Irie from the Atobe match, although since we have different opinions on that anyway, I'm not sure whether it's worth discussing. I could see Irie losing to the top MSers and there's also a chance that Kazuya, Irie, Oni played each other.

We can assume no MSers faced Tokugawa, Oni or Irie too. Since there has been no mention.
    I wouldn't go that far. It's actually pretty likely that they played MSers (they make up about 1/3 of the camp after all), although not necessarily the top ones (which is probably what you're getting at, but yeah).

Also, how many HSers could really touch Shiraishi, Fuji, Chitose, Tachibana?
    Possibly Migihashi and some of the 1st court players? I still like to think that Nakagauchi is stronger than the other 3rd court players too, but of course I can't prove that in any way.

Then of course they again could have played each other or stronger MSers.

There are the other 6 1st Court members from Tokugawa's court.
    They should be in that list. Do we think 1st Court players are weak?
    I always thought that they are the guys right after Irie on that list, so Kishimoto, Hitsujida, Taniyoshi, Ishimaru, Sekine... and I guess Kobayashi? Although the last one is below all of 3rd Court, so I dunno.

Personally I think before the 1st Stringers left, the other 1st Court players were slightly below Taira, Hara and Akiba, although the growth rates are probably different, making the current gap greater.

---------- Post added at 08:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:03 PM ----------

No 2nd court, since they all go home. And that sort explain why 3rd court is here. Otherwise, it'll be 8 2nd court and 2 3rd court instead. There might be some 2nd court who didn't run home. But I'm not sure. In that case, replace the 4th court with the 2nd court accordingly.
    Migihashi stayed. The others disappeared though.

Little tocs-Coming Soon 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

MH Community Awards 2012 are back with Voting Round 1 . In this round, you get to vote for the nominations from the first phase. Being a part of this wonderful community, we expect maximum participation from your end.

Thanks.

Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

8 3rd court
    Migihashi
    Yukimura
    Irie
    1 4th court

In that case, it probably look like this. That poor 4th court guy...

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

8 3rd court
    Migihashi
    Yukimura
    Irie
    1 4th court

In that case, it probably look like this. That poor 4th court guy...
    Oh actually there should only be 6 1st Court players. Tanegashima was listed as part of 1st Court on the Ch 47 distribution.

So it should be
    7 1st Court (including Kazuya)
    1 2nd Court (Migihashi)
    1 3rd Court (Oni)
    2 4th Court
    8 5th Court (former 3rd Court guys)
    1 MSer (Yukimura)

Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
    Oh actually there should only be 6 1st Court players. Tanegashima was listed as part of 1st Court on the Ch 47 distribution.

So it should be
    7 1st Court (including Kazuya)
    1 2nd Court (Migihashi)
    1 3rd Court (Oni)
    2 4th Court
    8 5th Court (former 3rd Court guys)
    1 MSer (Yukimura)
    Oh, right. I count Irie twice.

And you're right. The shuffle match score result in future data book would be perfect. The tier is really mess up right now in the middle to lower upper tier.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah our opinions on Irie differ greatly.

But why would Konomi off-screen something like Yuki/Ryoma/Niou/Sanada/Atobe/Tooyama/Akutsu/Fuji/Shiraishi VS Oni/Irie/Tokugawa?
    I strongly doubt that happened.

And yeah, if Oni/Tokugawa/Irie off-screened anybody, I'm thinking it was Higashikata, Mukahi, Kurobane and a few other 100% irrelevant characters.

Nakagauchi wasn't weak no. I can see Nakagauchi at Kirihara's tier.
    So he could be off-screening MSers. But had he touched anything in the tier above he should have got wiped.

Yamato from what the Team Shuffle showed us is stronger than Nakagauchi. Since Nakagauchi was a good player, GUYU must work on him.
    So we have 6 1st Court players, Tokugawa, Oni and Irie, and then Migihashi who in Anime was beast for an HSer, Yamato and Nakagauchi.

The rest of 3rd Court arent beating quite a few MSers.
    Matsudaira and Miyako are Mid tier.
    Washio and Suzuki I don't know where they stand in Singles. Takei could be from Matsudaira's level to Suzuki's.

Then we can assume our two 4th Courters are the guys who got their asses handed to them by Hara/Taira.
    Since they were unknown dudes when we saw their faces.

I can totally agree with you that 1st Court and Old No.s 11-20 were pretty much the same level.
    And likely still are. Since all the guys who are likely 1st Court were set to go up against the Top 10 along with Yamato who after he faced Tezuka is likely 1st Court level.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

But why would Konomi off-screen something like Yuki/Ryoma/Niou/Sanada/Atobe/Tooyama/Akutsu/Fuji/Shiraishi VS Oni/Irie/Tokugawa?
    I strongly doubt that happened.
    Well, probably not Yukimura, Ryoma, Sanada, Akutsu, Atobe, Kintarou. But Fuji, Shiraishi and everyone below seems fair game to me.

I don't really expect Fuji etc. to have a flawless win percentage either.

---------- Post added at 02:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:26 PM ----------

Also, since the doubles matches in the tournament were apparently fairly popular, would you guys like a dedicated thread for doubles that allows non-canon pairs? Or would you prefer leaving that to a future tournament event?

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

I see Fuji, Shiraishi, Atobe and Akutsu not having a flawless record by dropping several games by winning 6-4 etc.
    But still, I don't see Fuji or Shiraishi getting bt.

On a serious note, in Singles, we can assume besides Oni/Tokugawa/Irie, that there can only be 7 other HSers of the 2ndString who are of Fuji's tier.
    Migihashi Itarou being one of them based on his Anime appearance only however, and the 6 1stCourters.

I'm personally willing to assume there was Doubles Shuffles for Canon Pairs only.
    Since how would Washio rank above so many players? Unless he is in fact a Singles Player who is at our Mid Tier.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

But still, I don't see Fuji or Shiraishi getting bt.
    Tokugawa, Oni, Irie, Yukimura, Sanada, Ryoma, Akutsu, Atobe, Kintarou, Niou, each other, Tachibana, Chitose, Kite, Inui, Yanagi. The last five moreso in Shiraishi's case, but that's still a good amount of people they could have played and lost against I think. Possibly a 1st Court HSer as well.

I'm personally willing to assume there was Doubles Shuffles for Canon Pairs only.
    Since how would Washio rank above so many players? Unless he is in fact a Singles Player who is at our Mid Tier.
    We know for a fact that the normal shuffles were all singles matches, so just by getting to 3rd Court it's clear that he can't be terrible in that aspect. Really the only possible surprise is him and Suzuki being ranked above Matsudaira, but I don't see why he should lose to guys from 4th Court and below.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Tokugawa, Oni, Irie, Yukimura, Sanada, Ryoma, Akutsu, Atobe, Kintarou, Niou, each other, Tachibana, Chitose, Kite, Inui, Yanagi. The last five moreso in Shiraishi's case, but that's still a good amount of people they could have played and lost against I think. Possibly a 1st Court HSer as well.
    Nope.
    Fuji isn't losing to WoK, Kite nor Data. Can't see Shiraishi losing either realistically.
    The Golden Gauntlet improvement in Singles should stand out, since all his strokes will have much more speed than they used to.

But more importantly, what is the likelihood of Konomi off-screening a Fuji or Shiraishi loss?
    But the last 5, nope. It's not to say their Singles ability has had a significant lift in SPoT to think they could suddenly win against the two.

---------- Post added at 11:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:13 AM ----------

We know for a fact that the normal shuffles were all singles matches, so just by getting to 3rd Court it's clear that he can't be terrible in that aspect. Really the only possible surprise is him and Suzuki being ranked above Matsudaira, but I don't see why he should lose to guys from 4th Court and below.
    I believe 4th Court suck eggs.
    Since it's said at the start that they were shut down by 3rd Court.

This means only Nakagauchi, Miyako/Matsudaira and Yamato played.
    We know Yamato hadn't used GUYU yet on them.
    and that Nakagauchi didn't mix Cord Ball with his Robot Play. Since Irie noted how rare it was for Nakagauchi to bring it out.

This means they lost to Gimp!Yamato and Gimp!Nakagauchi. They are very weak and would have got shat on by MS!6thCourt and MS!5thCourt.

Like I said, Washio and Suzuki could range from being Miyako or Matsudaira level to Takei Toshio level in Singles.
    However this list meant they chose only the best 20HSers, but were forced to choose Yuki as his skill level stood out above everybody else's.

Also, that list where Suzuki was ranked above Matsudaira, how seriously are we to take that list as an accurate reflection of their skill?

How could they prove All those 19 HSers were better than Yukimura?
    Only HSers were chosen. MSers that would ass-kick most of the list weren't included.

That list just seemed inaccurate. Nakagauchi didn't appear to be able to best Yamato at all.

New Reply
Page 29 of 69 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 39 ... LastLast