Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)

View Poll Results: Which event should we have next? [Details in post #1024]

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tennis Doubles Tournament

1 25.00%
  • Beach Volleyball Tournament

3 75.00%
  • Other (Please specify in the thread)

0 0%
New Reply
Page 30 of 73 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 40 ... LastLast

Thread: Shin Prince of Tennis Hangout Thread

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Hangout Thread

They played 5 games a day for 10 days so that's a total of 50 games.

So MSers not playing Irie/Oni/Tokugawa would basically be a statistical impossibility unless the schedule was setup on purpose to avoid having MSer play these guys.

Ryoma lost matches that aren't official so I see nothing wrong if Tokugawa gets 6-0 on Yukimura or Fuji during off the record games.

I don't think the black jacket guys were considered for the official teams since they seem to be some kind of special tradition, like if you wear the black jacket you always get another shot because you proved yourself, regardless of whether there are guys more powerful in the regular court than you or not.

---------- Post added at 03:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:31 PM ----------

As an aside when you play 50 games you don't have the plot safety net of 'If I lose this game the story ends" to protect you. Roger Federer doesn't win 100% of his games over the course of 50 games. Unless the schedule was set up so that certain characters gets cupcake schedules of playing worthless competition 50 times, just due to the fact that several 'can't lose' characters must play each other implies someone must lose some games.

First I'll throw out the black jacket guys since they seem to have unconditional rights to play the G20 for having the black jacket. This helps because it helps you avoid Ryoma, Kintaro, and Sanada, who are all way up there in terms of 'can't lose due to plot' factor and are certainly top players even without plot immunity.

Assuming all the characters who matter actually play each other so you can't just dodge the best players, for Fuji his matchup would look like:

Heavily unfavored: Tokugawa, Oni, Irie.
    Underdog: Atobe, Yukimura.
    Even: Shiraishi
    Favored: WoK level guys (and there are a whole mess of these guys). All the court 3 guys are also roughly WoK level, and court 1 guys without screen time presumably are no worse than court 3 guys.

And favored doesn't mean 'guaranteed win'. I don't see why it's so hard to fathom a WoK level character winning 1 out of 3 matches against Fuji. If you assume there are 20 WoK level guys (8 in court 3, 6 in court 1, rest from MSers) then you're looking at a possible 10 loss for Fuji. The number goes up even higher if you assume he has to play the black jacket guys since they've quite a few of the top tier characters there too.

And by the way going 40-10 is pretty good in an extended format. Roger Federer is 64-9 (87%) in 2012 and that's good enough for #1 in the world.

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Didn't even notice he said this in an interview.
    This man is a legend. In the middle of making chapters he was on a holiday in France!

“As for the mountain climbing, I thought of it when I was in a café in France by the Seine River. I thought the mountain climbing was too far from reality and I might lose my fans, but I believe those who followed the series up to this point would continue even if it is mountain climbing. So I wrote it. I was having doubts about it, but I thought Tenipuri was just the type of manga that challenged the boundaries of reality.”
    — Konomi Takeshi

This guy is a boss. He even knew what the hell he was doing and just didn't care.

3. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    This man is a legend. In the middle of making chapters he was on a holiday in France!

“As for the mountain climbing, I thought of it when I was in a café in France by the Seine River. I thought the mountain climbing was too far from reality and I might lose my fans, but I believe those who followed the series up to this point would continue even if it is mountain climbing. So I wrote it. I was having doubts about it, but I thought Tenipuri was just the type of manga that challenged the boundaries of reality.”
    — Konomi Takeshi

This guy is a boss. He even knew what the hell he was doing and just didn't care.
    So the dude isn't insane after all, he already explained with that that this manga is just DBz sports

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hardy's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

He said that the series changed in the GP vs Yagyuu-Niou match, when they took their masks off. I don't know who told him "No, don't do that, keep it almost real" and Konomi was like "Bish, this is my series , I'm gonna take risks".

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hardy View Post
    He said that the series changed in the GP vs Yagyuu-Niou match, when they took their masks off. I don't know who told him "No, don't do that, keep it almost real" and Konomi was like "Bish, this is my series , I'm gonna take risks".
    It's his editor.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brandnewkid's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

— Konomi Takeshi

He never said he was making chapters while he was on vacation. He just implied that he got inspired by the idea while on vacation. And yeah, Konomi isn't an idiot who thinks all the stuff he draws in PoT is realistic; he knows damn-well that what he's doing is killing logic and science. He knows that weirdness and nonsense was and still is the selling point of Jump's greatest sports manga ... except for Slam Dunk.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brandnewkid View Post
    He never said he was making chapters while he was on vacation.
    I never said that he was either. Re-read.
    In the middle of making chapters. So he began making a chapter. Went on holiday in the middle of it. Came back and continued.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I never said that he was either. Re-read.
    In the middle of making chapters. So he began making a chapter. Went on holiday in the middle of it. Came back and continued.
    Lol Don't get smart, it means the same exact thing in this context.

Also, I doubt that's what he did. He probably went on vacay before SPoT's serialization.

Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Also, I doubt that's what he did. He probably went on vacay before SPoT's serialization.
    I don't know. He does have a month. If he's churning out 2 weekly chapters in 2 weeks (At the expense of being tiring and tons of work), that would equates to amount of page we are getting. It means he CAN get 2 weeks holidays per months if he wish.

Or he can just takes things easy.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Your attitude isn't necessary. You simply jumped the gun on my comment and can't handle it.
    Be mature. I've told you precisely what I meant.

And yeah, maybe he took a vacation before SPoT's serialization, or maybe not since he's on Monthly now.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by -Ken- View Post
    I don't know. He does have a month. If he's churning out 2 weekly chapters in 2 weeks (At the expense of being tiring and tons of work), that would equates to amount of page we are getting. It means he CAN get 2 weeks holidays per months if he wish.

Or he can just takes things easy.
    You're underestimating the process of making manga chapter. It takes FOREVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

You're underestimating the process of making manga chapter. It takes FOREVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.
    I'm not. You're overestimating it. In Jump AND Magazine, authors has to put out chapters weekly. Konomi used to be one of those authors. Amount of pages we get varies from 20-45 pages a months. If he decided to work on the same pace for 1-2 weeks. He CAN very much so get 2-3 weeks break a months.

Is weekly author hard work? Yes. Is Konomi not a weekly author before?

Not to mention he had some 1-2 months break in between. Konomi moved PoT to monthly, yes. But it doesn't mean that he can't work hard for 1-2 weeks, and take the rest of the time off. Neither you or I know his work schedule. A holiday after 1-2 weeks of working is very much possible. It depends on whether or not he want a longer holiday or work little per week.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Happened to find this, in case anyone besides me hasn't seen it yet: http://40point5.livejournal.com/728.html

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Fuji Shusuke's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
    Happened to find this, in case anyone besides me hasn't seen it yet: http://40point5.livejournal.com/728.html
    Became OVA Another Story Episode 2.
    "Sorry, but I never lose to the same opponent twice." - Fuji

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fuji Shusuke View Post
    Became OVA Another Story Episode 2.
    Fantastic ep.
    Maybe they went a bit far by having Mukahi, Shishido and Jirou on the regulars from their freshman year but great ep.
    I wish they picked up on more flashback things.

Tachibana VS Chitose at the Shishigaku intraschool ranking would be nice.

Seigaku One Year Prior, I wanna see their captain who lost to St.Rudolph's Akazawa Yoshiro.
    Fuji Yuuta would have been there as well lol.
    I'm assuming he sucked.
    The Rikkai seniors first day at Rikkai like we got with Hyotei.

New Reply
Page 30 of 73 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 40 ... LastLast