Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 44 of 73 FirstFirst ... 34 42 43 44 45 46 54 ... LastLast

Thread: Shin Prince of Tennis Hangout Thread

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Hangout Thread

Quote Originally Posted by -Ken- View Post
    What's wrong with simply high base stats? Really? That's simply how the case it is with many HS. It's just the way it is. I can get why you don't know simply high base stats, but that's just how Konomi made his characters. And all those curving shot and stuff that Kimijima do prove his point as that. His position shows how high his base stats is.
    I don't have an issue with high base stats. If I did, Nakagauchi wouldn't be on the list for example. However again, based on what Kimijima did you can at most say that his technique seems to be decent, that's it. There are four more stats to consider and we don't know anything about them.

I'm not even talking about even close to exact numbers, you can't tell whether he's on the stronger or weaker end of the spectrum, whether he's fast or slow, whether he has lots of stamina or only very little.

I knows some people try not to believe this tier list, and argue 11-20 have set number and position. But 9-10, 8-10, 2-6 pair just mess all those up. You can of course assume all kind of stuff, but until confirmation is given, the most reasonable assumption is that # does reflect character strength relative to other people in the 1st stringer.
    Well, I don't think it's necessarily incorrect to believe that, but for example you can support Fuwa > Hakamada > Mitsuya > Akiba pretty easily based on what they've shown in their matches as well, you don't need their ranking for that.

And I also wouldn't go so far as to say that it's individual strength every time. Airgrimes brought up the Mutsus as prime examples. They have Synchro, which is an ability exclusive to doubles. But does that mean they're above Mitsuya or Akiba in singles? You can't tell either way. I also wouldn't go so far as to say Date > Hakamada etc.

Here's an example. Does Kimijima really show more than, say, Date or Hakamada? Do you think he would lose to those two? We saw a full match consdiering of 3 set from Konomi.
    I don't think he would lose, but based on what they've shown during their respective matches, my answer is: I don't know. It was a three set match, but the only one who actively played was Tohno.

And Kimijima shows less than those two, and I don't think I tiered either of them, simply because they showed so little.

Explain Irie anyways.
    I don't have much to say about him. I recall that I wanted to tier him based on the Atobe match and leave the Akiba match out of the discussion, and that there was an outcry from literally everyone who commented.

If you're fine with Kimjima being on tier list, then I guess that's all good with me. That's the main thing I don't agree about. Just make sure other characters with unclear power level don't make it into tournament too and it's all fine.
    Maybe you could wait until the tournament is up before complaining about who made it in.

There have been people with unclear power level in the last tournament. So I'm wondering why is that used as a base to keep people from participating in this tournament.
    I gave an example a couple pages ago. There are two issues to consider.

1. Imagine the match is Hakamada vs Mitsuya. Is there any way you can see Hakamada losing? Because I can't. So if the result is too obvious, it's no good. If a lot of match-ups are like that, we wouldn't need the tournament in the first place.

2. Now imagine the match is Kimijima vs Atobe or something. You said yourself that Kimijima being No. 7 is only meaningful when you're comparing him to other 1st Stringers (Atobe is a 1st Stringer now, but I hope you get what I'm trying to say; and even then there's the issue of Kimijima being ranked in doubles). Now we know a lot about Atobe, but then you look at Kimijima and are left with very, very little. How is anyone supposed to form an argument now?

Yes, Oni, Irie and WoK were in the last tournament. And at least with Oni I can see why you'd bring him up in this context. Maybe I shouldn't have included him last time, but just because I made a mistake back then doesn't mean I have to make the same mistake again this time, does it?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

So there won't be WoK (as a pair), Irie, and Kimjima in this tournament, correct? If that so, then I'm fine with that.

I'll throw out Sanada name too. You seen 1 shot from Black Aura. That's it. He probably should stay out too. And Yukimura, as per discussion above that it's impossible to know his new Yips requirement.

Oni is fine now, since his power is clear. But it's pretty clear he would win anyways, so I would leave him out.
    Last edited by -Ken-; May 19, 2013 at 01:06 PM.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Using my ranking, there won't be anyone included who is stronger than Chitose, and all the pairs are makeshift ones, so no WoK either.

Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Alright, that sounds good. I'll be looking forward to seeing the match up.

Just some suggestion, if there's no "team", the characters in Singles bracket can appear in Doubles bracket too. Example: Chitose can be in Singles, and pair with, say, Kamio in doubles bracket.

You might had that idea in mind already, but I figure I'll throw it out there anyways.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh right, forgot to ask about this: Do you guys want 3 or 4 days per match for discussion? And how many matches would you like to be up at the same time?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd like it to be like the first tournament, with three matches per round and 4 days of voting and discussion

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hardy's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

4 days seems too much though, I think that 3 would be enough (I'd even say 2 but the tournament would be very short lol)

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

No way not 2.
    Could the first round be a tester round when deciding 3days or 4days?
    We do 3 days and if the verdict is not enough we could perhaps get an extra day?

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hardy's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    No way not 2.
    Ok dude chill D:

Spoiler show

Could the first round be a tester round when deciding 3days or 4days?
    We do 3 days and if the verdict is not enough we could perhaps get an extra day?
    Well, I guess I agree, I just said that because in the last tournament most matches were kinda decided instantly and there wasn't really much discussion (I think the one I remember the most was Sengoku vs Hirakoba, and I was kinda defending the undefendable lol).

4 days still seems too much though, at least for me. But well, a tester round would be good I guess.

10. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hardy View Post
    Ok dude chill D:

Spoiler show

Well, I guess I agree, I just said that because in the last tournament most matches were kinda decided instantly and there wasn't really much discussion (I think the one I remember the most was Sengoku vs Hirakoba, and I was kinda defending the undefendable lol).

4 days still seems too much though, at least for me. But well, a tester round would be good I guess.
    Precisely, because with two days the tournament would end in no time, and I said 4 days as that way we could probably discuss more the matches and it'll be more entertaining (problem is that with obvious match winners like Krauser vs Sakata for example, it'll be one hell of a waiting). You could also defend more the undefendable forgotten bros

So I guess three days is alright
    Last edited by LetalHawk; May 26, 2013 at 04:32 AM.

Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

3 Days. With 4 days, there's normally next to no discussion on the 4th day.

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Ah yes, how could I forget Hardy. The Guardian Angel of the forgotten bros.
    This'll be good since you normally manage to change my outlook on them all, and remind how cool they were til they became, you know... Forgotten...

14. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Ah yes, how could I forget Hardy. The Guardian Angel of the forgotten bros.
    This'll be good since you normally manage to change my outlook on them all, and remind how cool they were til they became, you know... Forgotten...
    He is the savior of old POT

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

So, no color page for this month, but in the August issue (released July 4th), SPoT gets the cover, but not a color page. Covers are nice, but I like to see the characters in action in a color page, not just a banner of the characters, which is what the covers are.

The color page we got of TnK!Kintarou wasn't even them playing, it was just him standing there with the associated bishie sparkle.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Any raws yet? I'm dying since last month we have no SPoT

New Reply
Page 44 of 73 FirstFirst ... 34 42 43 44 45 46 54 ... LastLast