Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128
New Reply
Page 55 of 64 FirstFirst ... 5 45 53 54 55 56 57 ... LastLast

Thread: Shin Prince of Tennis Hangout Thread

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Atobe the king's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Hangout Thread

Lol Tezuka was so good he wrote him out of the story :/ so he could go pursue a pro career lol . Had he stayed he would either always win or his injury would flare up...that's what all his losses amount to for the most part.

We don't /truly/ know how long phantom lasts. If Tezuka didn't get put on a bus you could be sure it could last multiple sets. I still like Tezuka over Kintarou.
    Last edited by Atobe the king; September 08, 2013 at 11:44 AM.
    When's Prince of Tennis Smash Hit 4

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by floman View Post
    Kai is ranked lower than Chinen! How can Kai be the number 4 of Higa? Also Kaido ranked lower than Shishido, Yagyuu, Jirou and Hiyoshi? I don't know if it's completely sufficient evidence. Like Kobashi said we have to take this with a grain of salt.
    I totally get what you're saying haha, but it seems that the info was actually correct.

And Shishido has better stats than Kaido.
    As for Yagyuu, I'm not surprised he has better stats than Kaidoh though. He beat Base!Niou who has 18 in stats.
    Jirou and Hiyoshi having better stats aren't too alarming either since Kaidoh is stamina and nothing else.

As its been said on here, your standing on the Tier ranking can be based entirely on your stats, having a special move, a special ability or a mixture of any of those things mentioned.

Kaidoh is a top guy and I expect him to beat Jirou and Hiyoshi most definitely, but that's only because of his amazing Gyro combo.
    Whereas with Shiraishi, I expect him to beat Akiba due to the fact Shiraishi has better stats and Akiba hasn't got either a special move or special ability to save him.

Tiering the characters at this stage in SPoT requires a lot of factors to be taken in.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    I totally get what you're saying haha, but it seems that the info was actually correct.

And Shishido has better stats than Kaido.
    As for Yagyuu, I'm not surprised he has better stats than Kaidoh though. He beat Base!Niou who has 18 in stats.
    Jirou and Hiyoshi having better stats aren't too alarming either since Kaidoh is stamina and nothing else.

As its been said on here, your standing on the Tier ranking can be based entirely on your stats, having a special move, a special ability or a mixture of any of those things mentioned.

Kaidoh is a top guy and I expect him to beat Jirou and Hiyoshi most definitely, but that's only because of his amazing Gyro combo.
    Whereas with Shiraishi, I expect him to beat Akiba due to the fact Shiraishi has better stats and Akiba hasn't got either a special move or special ability to save him.

Tiering the characters at this stage in SPoT requires a lot of factors to be taken in.

Yeah you are completely right. To many factors to play with. in fact no one has really beaten his gyro combination yet. At nationals Akaya just avoided hitting to Kaido. He was never seen hitting it against Tezuka (if Kaido had the Tezuka Zone probably would have beaten it.).

Even still I can see him having a really even match even with Shiraishi, because I don't completely understand how good that combo is. I really don't know why he is rated so low. Just like wonder castle. It's such a hack doubles move, but we haven't seen if against anything other than a head on attack. It might not be that good; it's just too hard to tell.
    Last edited by floman; September 09, 2013 at 11:39 AM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd like to think he went all out on his Buchou and it just didn't work out. Idk if Tezukas trouncing of him would have had any meaning if Kaidou was holding back.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    This is after mountain training stats. You can see couples of people (Atobe/Tezuka/Shiraishi) stat rise from 3rd court.

So it's very likely that Niou stat that Yagyuu beat is not 18. Of course, Yagyuu stat back then might not be 17 as well. But it's hard to judge how much each character stats improve.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Atobe the king View Post
    I'd like to think he went all out on his Buchou and it just didn't work out. Idk if Tezukas trouncing of him would have had any meaning if Kaidou was holding back.
    Yeah you are right even though the gyro combination wasn't shown it was most likely used. Even still it was probably beaten by the tezuka zone.

It's entirely based on spin and Tezuka is the master of spin, so a straight shot versus curved shot stance wouldn't phase him. Against a player who couldn't make a zone I don't see how you can beat it it. It's like the viking horn on steroids.

Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Seemed like volume 8 has been rescanned from the tankobon edition, now they fixed the uniform mishap and some more pages so the story made more sense. The night before the first stringers fight, Atobe went to Niou room so the decision wasn't on the spot.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AlexisMeade View Post
    Seemed like volume 8 has been rescanned from the tankobon edition, now they fixed the uniform mishap and some more pages so the story made more sense. The night before the first stringers fight, Atobe went to Niou room so the decision wasn't on the spot.
    This kind of new addition has been pretty consistent, probably because the monthlys are often relatively lightweight in volume.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AlexisMeade View Post
    The bit about the uniforms was added, yeah, but from what I can tell, the pages with Atobe visiting Niou are the same in the original and the volume release. If it wasn't there previously, it was messed up by whoever did the scan. Something that was changed in the volume though is how badly Oni beat up Kaji.

Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Ah, so maybe the all-mangas reader didn't upload all the pages then or the scanlator. Been a long time since I read it, so maybe I just forgot. I didn't remember the Higa boys room page too.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I was rewatching the anime again, i noticed Kurobe is "acting as director in the absence" of the true director. I wonder if there's any significance to this.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

I was rewatching the anime again,
    I respect your fearless bravery and courage.
    I'm unable to complete the task of re-watching this... Attempt of a sequel.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

This is about my 3rd time tbh haha, i don't mind the anime that much. Obviously it could have been better lol. The nickel and diming OVA system was off putting though.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

This is about my 3rd time tbh haha, i don't mind the anime that much. Obviously it could have been better lol. The nickel and diming OVA system was off putting though.
    Hmmm, I'll admit that the reason I hate it the most is due to how they took key matches in the story and put it into OVA's.
    But what about the entire episode on the Stealing Sake mission lol, or the way the cut rallies off of YamatoVSTezuka and AtobeVSIrie.
    I believe Ryoma VS Migihashi was a nice touch.
    But then having Kenya, Shishido and Hiyoshi as the guys who can be seen involved in crushing the 2ndCourt were a bit off.

I dunno, I personally can't re-watch it though I'm always tempted to re-watch Atobe VS Irie.
    Since they play the theme "Koutekishu" from PoT it helps lol

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I never watch it in order, i rewatch Atobe VS Irie. Then just pick random parts, i tend to ignore mountain training episodes though.

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 55 of 64 FirstFirst ... 5 45 53 54 55 56 57 ... LastLast