Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)

View Poll Results: Which event should we have next? [Details in post #1024]

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tennis Doubles Tournament

1 25.00%
  • Beach Volleyball Tournament

3 75.00%
  • Other (Please specify in the thread)

0 0%
New Reply
Page 71 of 73 FirstFirst ... 21 61 69 70 71 72 73 LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 1081

Thread: Shin Prince of Tennis Hangout Thread

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Hangout Thread

NPoT biggest strike was cutting what little ok material that it have to put into DVD. It's simply horrible. I'm having a serious consideration of whether or not I should watch the next one.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Atobe the king's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

How strong does everyone think Tokugawa is? I was thinking....initially it seemed as though he was the strongest of the 3 but it was revealed oni was 5th in Genius 10 and Irie was holding back to bring up the lower courts making him the /weakest/. However it turned out Tokugawa had improved drastically and could (should have) beat(en) Byoudouin. Do you guys think he's better than Oni and Irie at this point?
    When's Prince of Tennis Smash Hit 4

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ChinkyCandie's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Well he can use Black Hole. I'm assuming Irie and Oni know the theory behind it but don't have the body physique to use it. Since its assumed they can't use it but know about it, I'd say Tokugawa has surpassed them.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, Tokugawa is stronger than them if he goes all out I think. We've seen all of Oni's moves by now and he doesn't have anything Byoudouin doesn't also have (unless he can use TnK freely). Irie is an unknown factor, but I just can't imagine him topping the current Tokugawa.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ChinkyCandie's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

I wonder, would Black Hole counter World of Ice?

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ChinkyCandie View Post
    Irie was immune to KnS. He wasn't immune to AK, however, but he was basically able to prevent Atobe from hitting it.

You'd assume that the same would be true for Tokugawa.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Since we're not getting chapters next month, I figure it'll be the ideal time to hold our third tournament. I would've liked a few more votes, but I'm just going to hope that those who didn't vote are fine with either option.

The alternative sports option won over the tennis doubles one, so unless there's a major uproar in the next few days, we'll be going with volleyball for this one. I think in the end it's the better choice over basketball here since we already have an idea of what it's like from the manga/OVAs, and this is certainly not going to be our final tournament, so if it goes well, we can move on to different sports in future ones (of course tennis is also still an option).

Next, regarding the format. Firstly, the number of participating characters will probably be on the lower side because I don't want to make a giant bracket and then have the whole thing flop - so expect 8 teams, or in other words 16 characters, to participate. I'm open for suggestions on who to include, but as always I'll make the final decision.

Secondly, due to how the last two tournaments went, there will only be a single discussion thread up at the same time in this one, but not for that long (currently thinking ~48 hours). The reason for this is that discussion tends to focus on a single thread anyway with the others getting somewhat neglected and two days should be enough for everyone interested to make a post or two and drop a vote.

Lastly, based on our experiences with the match subforum, active discussion threads will be on the main board as super stickies and I'll move them to a subforum once the round is over.

I plan to start the tournament on September 4.

That should be all, any questions or comments are welcome.

9. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a plan, Kaoz.

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

I really wanted the 3rd Tennis tournament to win the vote.
    I'm kinda wondering how the Volleyball tourney would work if I'm honest.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    I'm kinda wondering how the Volleyball tourney would work if I'm honest.
    Well, the characters are still the same, so players with a high power stat will have strong spikes, fast characters may be good at picking up the ball etc. Furthermore, as long as you can think of a way for a special move to be used in volleyball it's fair game. You can argue based on those factors if you want. Alternatively you can try to come up with a short story for the match similar to what happens in the filler chapters (e.g. something involving Inui juice or various distractions that fit the characters).

Basically, don't take it too seriously. If you can think of a crazy development, go for it.

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ChinkyCandie View Post
    It'll stop AK/World of Ice fine. In the worst case you just do a sphere of black hole like how he stopped Pirates of the World (infinite balls has to also hit his blind spots just because there are infinite of them!). It doesn't matter where the ball is because it'll get frozen in space and then Tokugawa can hit it back. It'll probably be a very bad exchange in terms of stamina though, if you assume using multiple Black Holes creates a bigger strain than the normal one.

I don't see how it's possible that Oni taught Tokugawa Black Hole without being able to use it himself, unless it's something like Jirou's magic volley or Fuji's ability to sense the wind where only a certain guy can do it because of some innate property. I can see Oni might not be able to use it as effectively so he doesn't bother using it but he must be able to do the move. Otherwise it'd be more like "Hey Tokugawa here's this ancient technique called Black Hole I found in a scroll somewhere, read it yourself!" instead of teaching.

From what I can tell another dimension tennis can be countered by another dimension tennis, so since Oni already has another dimension tennis he doesn't need anything special to deal with Byodouin. If he played Byodouin it'd just be like TnK vs TnK, that is whoever is stronger baseline will win. Tokugawa doesn't seem have another dimension tennis yet so he needs to use Black Hole to counter another dimension tennis. Now why doesn't Oni just teach Tokugawa another dimension tennis? I suspect that's not something you just learn. Oni didn't even know Byodouin has reached that level until the Tokugawa game.

Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
    Basically, don't take it too seriously. If you can think of a crazy development, go for it.
    This is why I like Beach Volleyball idea. I don't want to facepalm for another WoK-like pair bs or Sanada beating Oni while Ryoma loses for a certain reason. If it's a beach volleyball, it'll be funner for me. Because people who are strong at tennis isn't necessary great in volleyball.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Wouldn't volleyball be more or less the same assuming people can do comparable techniques with their hand instead of racket? Like I can see Oni and Byodouin still doing the 'glowing smash'. I think something like soccer might be more interesting in the sense that it wouldn't just be taking the most powerful guys in NPOT for auto win. For example I think Tanegashima might make a good goalie because he can nullify any technique.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, it's not that far off, that's why I think it's a good first step for a tournament centered around a different sport. Like I said, if things go well, I don't mind moving on to other sports in the future.

Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, for one, i can see the court 3 robot guy being pretty cool in volleyball XD.

New Reply
Page 71 of 73 FirstFirst ... 21 61 69 70 71 72 73 LastLast