Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (6/30/14 - 7/6/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 752 by cnet128 , Bleach 587 (2) , Gintama 501 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: Which event should we have next? [Details in post #1024]

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tennis Doubles Tournament

    1 33.33%
  • Beach Volleyball Tournament

    2 66.67%
  • Other (Please specify in the thread)

    0 0%
New Reply
Page 28 of 69 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 ... LastLast
Results 406 to 420 of 1025

Thread: Shin Prince of Tennis Hangout Thread

  1. #406
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Beika City
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,263
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Hangout Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by TheShiraishi View Post
    Sorry if this has been discussed before, but why didn't Ochi and Mouri Synchro?

    Also, is this indication that Sanada has controlled Black Aura? http://www.mangahere.com/manga/new_p...04/c048/6.html
    Sanada can control Black Aura freely now.

    Ochi and Mouri didn't use Synchro because they can't. I think from now on, every pair who can use Synchro will start using it if they have it on demand as soon as they feel slightly pushed.
    Like Washio/Suzuki and Mutsu² did. As soon as they felt pushed, they brought out Synchro.

  2. #407
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member TheShiraishi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    78
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Hangout Thread

    Oh yay... like we need more separation of Sanada from the others

    So Ochi Mouri are 1st String Doubles simply due to sheer power. I thought they were holding back for whatever odd reason, thanks.

  3. #408
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Beika City
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,263
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Hangout Thread

    Just how I felt. The MSers now have massive gaps between each set of players.
    Konomi has distributed significant improvement just here and there lol.

    Ochi showed his stuff with Mental Pressure and Mach. Tezuka!Niou couldn't do a thing against it. Atobe could sometimes return it.
    Mental Pressure takes games too. Ochi is easily dangerous at Singles.

    Mouri we only know wiped Kenya.
    I honestly expected more from Mouri too, but it wasn't to be.
    I still don't think he was that good of a player to be part of what is famed as ''G10''.

    What's happened is that the strongest pairs are all makeshift pairs, so they cannot perform Synchro unless Niou is involved.
    All the Synchro pairs are just best friends that are average Singles players. (Oishi being below average).

    Your right though, Ochi and Mouri did let Atobe/Niou pair have the first set after Cabbage interrupted and got kicked out. So the first set could have been won by them.

  4. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
  5. #409
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member TheShiraishi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    78
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Hangout Thread

    It's a pity... unless we can get some good Synchro/extreme teamwork formations, Doubles has essentially turned into Singles.

    Another question: What's so great about Saiki Kanpatsu no Kiwami? Maybe I'm not getting exactly how it works... does it run a bunch of sims like a computer till the player can win?

  6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  7. #410
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Beika City
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,263
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Hangout Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by TheShiraishi View Post
    It's a pity... unless we can get some good Synchro/extreme teamwork formations, Doubles has essentially turned into Singles.

    Another question: What's so great about Saiki Kanpatsu no Kiwami? Maybe I'm not getting exactly how it works... does it run a bunch of sims like a computer till the player can win?
    Singles-Only.
    It's a way to counter somebody who can overpower you I believe.
    I think its great, but overhyped. It has its limits, but Tezuka was able to use it for 6games straight. However he had Hyakkuren Jitoku no Kiwami at the same time.

    Not sure on how to explain it though.

  8. #411
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Fuji Shusuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    In the Clouds
    Country
    Australia
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    455
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Hangout Thread

    Saiki Kanpatsu no Kiwami allows the player to focus the power of Muga into their brain to accelerate mental processes to the point where the player can almost instantaneously simulate all of the possibilities for a point and determine the minimum amount of shots needed to win the point at their current ability.

    It can only be used in singles because presumably, the addition of an uncontrolled variable onto your side to too much for your brain to process.

    I've brought this up before but I'd like to again but, Saiki Kanpatsu's prediction has only been exceeded and not the inverse. Why is that? You see Chitose make a prediction, then Tezuka exceeds the prediction. Same with Tezuka!Niou and Fuji. Is that one of the cardinal rules of PoT? That SKnK's prediction will always predict the minimum number of shots before the point ends?
    "Sorry, but I never lose to the same opponent twice." - Fuji

  9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  10. #412
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Beika City
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,263
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Hangout Thread

    I reckon your theory is bang on.
    But, Saiki Kanpatsu has been neglected so far in PoT.

    Tezuka decided to only use Hyakku Ren Jitoku against Yamato and we haven't seen Ryoma in action.
    And we haven't seen Niou in Singles match yet.

    But yeah, we haven't seen a guy call 9shots in Saiki, thenthe opponent breaks it in 5shots.

    But we did see Yips interfere with it. Ryoma called like... 6 shots, then I think it ended in 6 shots but not for him winning the point.

    Would be good to see Muga in action again. I loved seeing Muga and its doors in matches.
    Really want Konomi to go back and focus on his MSers properly again.
    He's done a good job on Atobe/Niou and he's been okay with Marui/Kite.

  11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  12. #413
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Fuji Shusuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    In the Clouds
    Country
    Australia
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    455
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Hangout Thread

    Maybe SKnK has been abandoned because if it worked every time it would be hax. Every SKnK user would win 6-0 if the opponent didn't have an unpredictability skill such as In or Closed Eyes.

    Here's something, if Yips interfered with SKnK, will Ochi's eye do the same?
    Also, what would happen if the SKnK user were to face BJK? "6 shots until my wrist breaks" XD

    I guess Konomi didn't think this through as much :S

    ---------- Post added at 02:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:03 AM ----------

    This is the problem with absolute techniques. (SKnK isn't completely absolute but it is in the fact that its prediction of minimum shots is always correct.) Absolute techniques break the storyline. You say, "Hey Byodouin, take my Atobe Kingdom," then the point is over. If the technique is guaranteed to work every time then the plot is broken -_-
    Last edited by Fuji Shusuke; October 15, 2012 at 01:08 PM.
    "Sorry, but I never lose to the same opponent twice." - Fuji

  13. #414
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brandnewkid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Country
    United States
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    808
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Hangout Thread

    SKnK is something you won't see so much because it doesn't really do anything. It doesn't predict what move the person wiil do next, it just tells how many shots until the next point. It's only something Konomi really put in the story for what I call "empty dramatic effect." When we first seen it, it was a big deal, but when you think about it, it doesn't really do anything except give the characters a reason to say "Wow! His prediction was spot on!"

  14. #415
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Beika City
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,263
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Hangout Thread

    I believe SKnK has been abondoned because the only guys left are Niou, Chitose and Ryoma.
    Konomi has been throwing constant doubles matches which are making me sick personally. No SKnK in Doubles lol.

    Chitose, I think despite his popularity will not be shown in a Singles match.

    This isn't PoT where Konomi wonderfully gifted us with all kinds of play styles and abilities in Singles over the course of the series with Low tier guys like Kikumaru, Kamio, Sengoku, Kai, Ibu in Singles or Mid tier guys like Akutagawa, Yushi, Hiyoshi, Gin to Lower High guys like Inui, Yanagi and Kite in Singles.

    Where we had a variety of guys where there will definetely be people susceptible to losing to SKnK.
    And we could still enjoy a good match out of it.

    Only the really strong will be in Singles from now I reckon which is a bit boring for me since I enjoyed the lesser abilities.
    Niou as the best Doubles player in the series likely won't be in Singles again either.

    And I reckon with Ryoma left, the limits of SKnK will show against the only possible opponents he has who are Ryoga, Tokugawa and Byoudouin.
    Facing men who could all contend for the best in the camp wouldn't show opportunities to use SKnK I reckon.

  15. #416
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Country
    Thailand
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,154
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Hangout Thread

    Konomi probably just didn't make Tezuka use SNsK because he don't know much way to break it. It's just a broken skill. If Tezuka CAN use SNsK back then, it'll probably will calculated that he'll have to use the bottom of Racket to return Rai, and that's probably why Sanada block it using In.

    Give a character too broken of a skill and, to beat it? you just can't use the tech.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

    If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

  16. #417
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Beika City
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,263
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Hangout Thread

    Which is simply called sealing it in PoT.
    In and Closed Eyes sealed SKnK.

  17. #418
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Country
    Spain
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,474
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Hangout Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    Which is simply called sealing it in PoT.
    In and Closed Eyes sealed SKnK.
    Still, Ryoma didn't show in the finals any improved version of Saiki. Will we see him using it to his fullest like Hyakuren in SPOT? I still have the feeling that Konomi has to show an upgraded version of Saiki like Moveable Hyakuren, a Saiki that no matter what technique uses the oponent or state he is into, the player will always predict him. Or something like that

  18. #419
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Beika City
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,263
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Hangout Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by TheShiraishi View Post
    Oh yay... like we need more separation of Sanada from the others

    So Ochi Mouri are 1st String Doubles simply due to sheer power. I thought they were holding back for whatever odd reason, thanks.
    Also, Ochi and Mouri are two years apart in age, and unlike Oishi/Kikumaru, Washio/Suzuki and Tachibana/Chitose are not in the same year.

    For those MSers, they are known as best friends for a long time. Doubt Ochi and Mouri could have been friends for a long time given that Mouri was in Rikkai til just last year.

  19. #420
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,047
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Hangout Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by -Ken- View Post
    Kirihara doesn't say that. He say MS have good win %. It means in the court shuffle, they manage to win a lot of the times. I'm thinking that it's all 100%. And because it's all 100%, the coach decided to go with the HS instead of MS.
    This is a quote from one of the tournament threads. I'm posting this stuff here because it's more of a general thing, but that's what spawned it. Basically I've been wondering whether it's possible and likely for the quoted scenario to actually be the case, which resulted in the following convo.

    Spoiler: Log show


    And here's the results of that last calculation:

    Spoiler show





    Of course this is far from conclusive, but still kinda interesting.

    ---------- Post added at 02:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:33 PM ----------

    I guess technically it should only be 145 players since Tanegashima didn't play... shouldn't change the numbers too much though.
    Last edited by Kaoz; October 18, 2012 at 05:44 AM.

New Reply
Page 28 of 69 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts