Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/20/14 - 10/26/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 516 (2) , Bleach 602 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 33 of 73 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 43 ... LastLast
Results 481 to 495 of 1094

Thread: Shin Prince of Tennis Hangout Thread

  1. #481
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,006
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Hangout Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Asclepius View Post
    I don't know how old or new these are, but Fuji looks amazing.
    It's said to be from the artbook.
    Thanks to heterochromaticperspective @Tumblr.
    Spoiler show
    I think that's early Fuji, so maybe Kantou, maybe around the time of the Akaya match. Fuji, in my opinion, changes a bit later on the series, so during the Nationals.

  2. #482
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hardy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Outer Heaven
    Country
    Argentina
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,778
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Hangout Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by FrostyMouse View Post
    I think that's early Fuji, so maybe Kantou, maybe around the time of the Akaya match. Fuji, in my opinion, changes a bit later on the series, so during the Nationals.
    It actually is! It's exactly in Kanto's finals.

    Spoiler show


    I posted that pic in the tournament

  3. #483
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,006
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Hangout Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Hardy View Post
    It actually is! It's exactly in Kanto's finals.

    Spoiler show


    I posted that pic in the tournament
    lol :P

    It looked specifically like the Fuji we saw against Akaya, so I figured as much, given how many times I've read PoT.

  4. #484
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fayte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Country
    United States
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,758
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Hangout Thread

    Needs more Sanada imo. And wtf frosty, I had to do a double take when I saw your avatar. I thought it was my post for a second.

  5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  6. #485
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,006
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Hangout Thread

    I forgot that you even had a Shuuji avi, Fayte. I actually prefer the earlier Shuuji in the manga, not the later one where Konomi changed his color scheme around.

    Although, considering that you love Sanada, shouldn't you have a Sanada avi?

  7. #486
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hardy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Outer Heaven
    Country
    Argentina
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,778
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Hangout Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Fayte View Post
    Needs more Sanada imo. And wtf frosty, I had to do a double take when I saw your avatar. I thought it was my post for a second.
    The series could be "Emperor of Tennis" and it wouldn't have enough Sanada for you.

    Quote Originally Posted by FrostyMouse View Post
    Although, considering that you love Sanada, shouldn't you have a Sanada avi?
    The word "love" there sounds so

  8. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
  9. #487
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Beika City
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,365
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Hangout Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by FrostyMouse View Post
    I forgot that you even had a Shuuji avi, Fayte. I actually prefer the earlier Shuuji in the manga, not the later one where Konomi changed his color scheme around.

    Although, considering that you love Sanada, shouldn't you have a Sanada avi?
    Hasn't Tanegashima always been the same?
    He's been pretty much a chilled black guy with extremely light coloured hair since his introduction no?

  10. #488
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hardy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Outer Heaven
    Country
    Argentina
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,778
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Hangout Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    Hasn't Tanegashima always been the same?
    He's been pretty much a chilled black guy with extremely light coloured hair since his introduction no?
    I think he just looked tanned before, that's what Frosty meant.

  11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  12. #489
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,006
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Hangout Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Hardy View Post
    I think he just looked tanned before, that's what Frosty meant.
    Yeah, more like this. Originally, he was uniquely colored (not exactly tanned) and fun looking, but when the anime came along, he became a a rather dark skinned asian and he didn't look nearly as unique. I liked him for the uniqueness, but we have plenty of non-Japanese looking characters, and originally Shuuji had a unique Japanese appearance. Ditching that made him less special in my opinion.

  13. #490
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Beika City
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,365
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Hangout Thread

    I think the Dark-skinned NOT TO MENTION WHITE HAIR does make him unique.
    The only other PoT character to have white hair was Saeki, and doesn't exist in the U-17 Camp.

    Since as far as we know, Tanegashima is the only FULLY Japanese really dark-skinned guy.
    Jackal Kuwahara and Richard Sakata being obviously half.

    It was obvious he was going to be dark-skinned and not slightly tanned when in anime though.
    The Kyushu guys with tans, Kite, Chitose, Hirakoba, Chinen, Tanishi & Kai all lack tans in the manga. Their tans exist only in anime.
    So if Tanegashima's tan is so strong it exists in the manga, then it would obviously have to be even stronger in the anime.

    So really Tanegashima is very unique.

    ---------- Post added at 12:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:33 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by FrostyMouse View Post
    I liked him for the uniqueness, but we have plenty of non-Japanese looking characters,
    Which non-Japanese looking characters do we have?
    Since if you're noting that they don't look japanese, then it must mean you are referring to fully Japanese characters who don't look it.
    I think Tanegashima is the only one? Off head.

  14. #491
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hardy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Outer Heaven
    Country
    Argentina
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,778
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Hangout Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    The only other PoT character to have white hair was Saeki, and doesn't exist in the U-17 Camp.
    Chotarou

    I think Tanegashima's skin is too dark for a japanese guy.

    IMO Sanada's colour is the most accurate.

  15. #492
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,006
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Hangout Thread

    That is an interesting point of view on the matter, Airgrimes. Well, actually, in the manga, Irie looked like he had white hair at first, but then the anime made it yellow.

    ---------- Post added at 07:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:43 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    I think the Dark-skinned NOT TO MENTION WHITE HAIR does make him unique.
    The only other PoT character to have white hair was Saeki, and doesn't exist in the U-17 Camp.

    Since as far as we know, Tanegashima is the only FULLY Japanese really dark-skinned guy.
    Jackal Kuwahara and Richard Sakata being obviously half.

    It was obvious he was going to be dark-skinned and not slightly tanned when in anime though.
    The Kyushu guys with tans, Kite, Chitose, Hirakoba, Chinen, Tanishi & Kai all lack tans in the manga. Their tans exist only in anime.
    So if Tanegashima's tan is so strong it exists in the manga, then it would obviously have to be even stronger in the anime.

    So really Tanegashima is very unique.

    ---------- Post added at 12:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:33 AM ----------


    Which non-Japanese looking characters do we have?
    Since if you're noting that they don't look japanese, then it must mean you are referring to fully Japanese characters who don't look it.
    I think Tanegashima is the only one? Off head.
    Byoudouin really looks that Japanese to you? Hakamada isn't that Japanese either. I don't have an exact picture of Duke in my mind, but he's not overly Japanese looking.

  16. #493
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fayte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Country
    United States
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,758
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Hangout Thread

    Shuuji is supposed to be tan. His skin tone isn't black like Richard or Jackal, but it isn't average either. So naturally that would place him as a pretty tan guy. I would say it is pretty much like Tanishi. Or, you can just look at my avatar I edited the color to. That's pretty accurate to what it should be.

  17. #494
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,006
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Hangout Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Fayte View Post
    Shuuji is supposed to be tan. His skin tone isn't black like Richard or Jackal, but it isn't average either. So naturally that would place him as a pretty tan guy. I would say it is pretty much like Tanishi. Or, you can just look at my avatar I edited the color to. That's pretty accurate to what it should be.
    Well, yeah, I know what he's supposed to look like. The tan works, although I don't even think that he's supposed to be as tanned as you have him.

  18. #495
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hardy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Outer Heaven
    Country
    Argentina
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,778
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Hangout Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by FrostyMouse View Post
    Well, yeah, I know what he's supposed to look like. The tan works, although I don't even think that he's supposed to be as tanned as you have him.
    That's the spray tan version of Tanegashima

    ---------- Post added at 05:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:21 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by FrostyMouse View Post
    That is an interesting point of view on the matter, Airgrimes. Well, actually, in the manga, Irie looked like he had white hair at first, but then the anime made it yellow.
    Not to mention Jirou's hair, Atobe's, Ootori's, Yukimura's head band, etc

    Was the Rikkai uniform also red in the beginning of the manga as it was in the anime?

New Reply
Page 33 of 73 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 43 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts