Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (6/30/14 - 7/6/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 752 by cnet128 , Bleach 587 (2) , Gintama 501 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: Which event should we have next? [Details in post #1024]

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tennis Doubles Tournament

    1 33.33%
  • Beach Volleyball Tournament

    2 66.67%
  • Other (Please specify in the thread)

    0 0%
New Reply
Page 36 of 69 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 38 46 ... LastLast
Results 526 to 540 of 1025

Thread: Shin Prince of Tennis Hangout Thread

  1. #526
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Country
    Spain
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,474
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Hangout Thread

    WTF they did to Momo?

    Echizen is just like Ryoga, and Tezuka seems to have won a Grand Slam

    Karupin is still alive? What lol.
    Last edited by LetalHawk; February 05, 2013 at 04:18 AM.

  2. #527
    Custom Title 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Darjaille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Wonderland
    Country
    Japan
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    4,478
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Hangout Thread

    Yeah lol, Momo's hair is probably the most wtf thingu of them all. Cool though that the two of them are (seems) close friends. That usually happens I guess - rivals -> best of friends.


    Not sure about Ryoma though - is he coming from a friendly game? Does he teach? Does he play professionally (don't think so)?

    And yay for Tezuka, that means the elbow from hell is no longer a problem.


    ex oriente lux

  3. #528
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Country
    Spain
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,474
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Hangout Thread

    I think Echizen's a pro by that time

  4. #529
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Asclepius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ceará
    Country
    Brazil
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    7,851
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Hangout Thread

    Wow, the braid was really from Sakuno.
    Spoiler show

    thanks to blossomday@tumblr

    Discuss the yaoi side of Shingeki no Kyojin and Kuroko no Basket at the Boys Love section.

  5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  6. #530
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,151
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Hangout Thread

    I envision in the Tezuka wins the Grand Slam picture, the next scene will show Tezuka getting carried out on a stretcher while Yukimura holds the trophy and thanking his doctor from America or he'd be the out getting carried out in a stretcher today due to sustained injury to his body.

  7. #531
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Country
    Thailand
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,155
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Hangout Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Phantron View Post
    I envision in the Tezuka wins the Grand Slam picture, the next scene will show Tezuka getting carried out on a stretcher while Yukimura holds the trophy and thanking his doctor from America or he'd be the out getting carried out in a stretcher today due to sustained injury to his body.
    Because Yukimura lose 0-6 to PoP Ryoma and only get some points because Ryoma decide to slow down the ball aka going easy on him. I doubt this will happen.

    He'll get stronger after the surgery, but there's also rehabilitation that'll without a doubt be taxing on his muscle. It'll be a big while before we say Yukimura in his next match.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

    If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

  8. #532
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,151
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Hangout Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by -Ken- View Post
    Because Yukimura lose 0-6 to PoP Ryoma and only get some points because Ryoma decide to slow down the ball aka going easy on him. I doubt this will happen.

    He'll get stronger after the surgery, but there's also rehabilitation that'll without a doubt be taxing on his muscle. It'll be a big while before we say Yukimura in his next match.
    The most likely outcome for Tezuka's career would be that he plays one of those mythical 'pros' after he goes to Germany, gets thoroughly outmatched because that's what pros do, and then sacrifice his arm or another body part to defeat that guy and that'd be the end of his career. I mean of course Tezuka is super strong, but the way he plays tennis it's just not sustainable. You don't even necessarily have to be better than him to beat him. As long as you're at least good enough to sort of bother him, he's going to resort to using self-destructive moves because that's what Tezuka does and then just wait until he self-destructs and you get your win, like how Atobe beat Tezuka the first time even though Atobe was nowhere near Tezuka's league at that time if you look at that game seriously (Tezuka basically can't serve after he injuried his shoulder and he still almost won the tiebreaker). So the only way Tezuka wins a Grand Slam would require Yukimura's help. I'm pretty sure he'd thrash Yukimura quite comfortably based on current standing if he didn't hurt himself somehow but Tezuka always hurts himself somehow.

  9. #533
    Custom Title 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Darjaille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Wonderland
    Country
    Japan
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    4,478
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Hangout Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Asclepius View Post
    Wow, the braid was really from Sakuno.
    Spoiler show

    thanks to blossomday@tumblr
    I actually though that was only a very very goood fanart? When I saw it it linked to pixiv...


    ex oriente lux

  10. #534
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,478
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Hangout Thread

    Like everyone else, I don't understand Momo's new hairdo.

    I was amused by Tezuka winning a Grand Slam. It begs the question of whether or not Ryoma does surpass him, or whether Ryoma surpasses Tezuka and Nanjirou and then doesn't play professionally.

  11. #535
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Country
    Thailand
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,155
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Hangout Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Phantron View Post
    The most likely outcome for Tezuka's career would be that he plays one of those mythical 'pros' after he goes to Germany, gets thoroughly outmatched because that's what pros do, and then sacrifice his arm or another body part to defeat that guy and that'd be the end of his career. I mean of course Tezuka is super strong, but the way he plays tennis it's just not sustainable. You don't even necessarily have to be better than him to beat him. As long as you're at least good enough to sort of bother him, he's going to resort to using self-destructive moves because that's what Tezuka does and then just wait until he self-destructs and you get your win, like how Atobe beat Tezuka the first time even though Atobe was nowhere near Tezuka's league at that time if you look at that game seriously (Tezuka basically can't serve after he injuried his shoulder and he still almost won the tiebreaker). So the only way Tezuka wins a Grand Slam would require Yukimura's help. I'm pretty sure he'd thrash Yukimura quite comfortably based on current standing if he didn't hurt himself somehow but Tezuka always hurts himself somehow.
    I think the point of his last match is that so he wouldn't hurt himself anymore. And this picture is meant to prove that he can be strong even without hurting himself, due to lack of discolor arm.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

    If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

  12. #536
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,151
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Hangout Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by -Ken- View Post
    I think the point of his last match is that so he wouldn't hurt himself anymore. And this picture is meant to prove that he can be strong even without hurting himself, due to lack of discolor arm.
    I think in the game against Yamato it just turned out he happened to have yet another powerup so he can steamroll the opponent without any risk to himself. Tezuka has played 4 games where he could've sustained a career ending injury (Atobe, Kabaji, Sanada, Yamato) and unless the point is that Tezuka then becomes a godlike player who bulldozes everyone (which is quite possible), I just don't see him getting away from his old self-mutiliation ways whenever he runs into an opponent that's marginally difficult and eventually his luck will run out. I realize just about everyone in POT that's remotely good is a sore loser in the sense that they'll do almost anything to prevent a loss, but the key difference between Tezuka and the rest of the POT characters is that Tezuka resorts to hurting himself to avoid a loss while the vast majority of POT characters resort to hurting your opponent to avoid a loss. I saw one fan joked that Tezuka has been banished to Germany because he doesn't hurt his opponent and that's not allowed in NPOT but in the world of NPOT you literally do have to make a choice between hurting yourself or hurting your opponent, and Tezuka is unlikely to ever choose the latter options so he's pretty screwed despite his incredible talents.

  13. #537
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Country
    Thailand
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,155
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Hangout Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Phantron View Post
    I think in the game against Yamato it just turned out he happened to have yet another powerup so he can steamroll the opponent without any risk to himself. Tezuka has played 4 games where he could've sustained a career ending injury (Atobe, Kabaji, Sanada, Yamato) and unless the point is that Tezuka then becomes a godlike player who bulldozes everyone (which is quite possible), I just don't see him getting away from his old self-mutiliation ways whenever he runs into an opponent that's marginally difficult and eventually his luck will run out. I realize just about everyone in POT that's remotely good is a sore loser in the sense that they'll do almost anything to prevent a loss, but the key difference between Tezuka and the rest of the POT characters is that Tezuka resorts to hurting himself to avoid a loss while the vast majority of POT characters resort to hurting your opponent to avoid a loss. I saw one fan joked that Tezuka has been banished to Germany because he doesn't hurt his opponent and that's not allowed in NPOT but in the world of NPOT you literally do have to make a choice between hurting yourself or hurting your opponent, and Tezuka is unlikely to ever choose the latter options so he's pretty screwed despite his incredible talents.
    I disagree. Yamato pretty much been telling Tezuka to stop doing that crap with his arm, to which Tezuka agree. And because of he's enjoying tennis as a result of that, he earned PoP. It would be wasting the very point of that match if Tezuka start pulling that crap again.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

    If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

  14. #538
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Beika City
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,263
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Hangout Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by -Ken- View Post
    I disagree. Yamato pretty much been telling Tezuka to stop doing that crap with his arm, to which Tezuka agree. And because of he's enjoying tennis as a result of that, he earned PoP. It would be wasting the very point of that match if Tezuka start pulling that crap again.
    Not quite.
    Its also due to the fact Tezuka got a medal for all possible tournaments.
    Remember says, he's already done the things he set out to do.
    Had Seigaku lost the Nationals, there would be no TnK for Tezuka against Yamato. Not that it mattered as Tezuka was 5-4 up on match point.

  15. #539
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,151
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Hangout Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    Not quite.
    Its also due to the fact Tezuka got a medal for all possible tournaments.
    Remember says, he's already done the things he set out to do.
    Had Seigaku lost the Nationals, there would be no TnK for Tezuka against Yamato. Not that it mattered as Tezuka was 5-4 up on match point.
    Yamato showed him there was another way beyond hurting yourself to win so he realized there was a way to return the ball without hurting himself, though if Tezuka didn't abandon his 'hurt self' approach he'd still be ahead due to Tezuka Phantom but there was no guaranteed his arm was going to make it through the match. Sure, Tezuka probably will defy the odds because he's Tezuka, but you'd think one of these days the odds will catch up to him.

  16. #540
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brandnewkid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Country
    United States
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    808
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Hangout Thread

    Ryoma will most likely be a better player than Tezuka by the end of the manga, however due to having a child he'd forsake the Grand Slam victories, just like his father did. Also, Ryoma's kid is gonna be more like Nanjiro than himself.

  17. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 36 of 69 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 38 46 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts