Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: Which event should we have next? [Details in post #1024]

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tennis Doubles Tournament

1 25.00%
  • Beach Volleyball Tournament

3 75.00%
  • Other (Please specify in the thread)

0 0%
New Reply
Page 38 of 72 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38 39 40 48 ... LastLast

Thread: Shin Prince of Tennis Hangout Thread

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hardy's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Hangout Thread

I kinda do a joke like that in the forum every 3 months (cause I don't like repeating but... some things need to be emphasized ).

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I mentioned this briefly in the fan league thread, but here it is again for everyone to see:

I am planning on hosting another tournament next, like the one we had last year. Not straight away, but maybe in a month or a month and a half or so.

There will be a couple changes, the most important one probably being that there won't be teams again, but separate competitions for singles and doubles. Furthermore, since we have so little information on most of them, the top tier players will not be included. I can try to throw another category with them together if there is a great demand for it, but it will not be the main focus.
    Another thing I should note in this context is that none of the doubles were shown in the manga, they are all makeshift combinations.

Secondly, last time I got some complaints that someone could just vote in the poll and it would count for just as much as the vote of someone who actively participated in the discussion and defended their choice. So this time, you will still have the option to just vote in the polls if you wish, but you will also be able to cast an additional vote by posting in the thread. Note that a short explanation is required for your vote to count, otherwise the post will be deleted.

I think that is it for now, if you have any questions, comments or suggestions, feel free to post here or send me a PM.

Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, I really like the makeshift pairs idea (as it makes it more "fair" and with a lot more possibilities of a winner) but I don't like the fact that there won't be any teams. I mean, that was the whole fun of the tournament, to see these makeshift teams clash on each other.

Otherwise, the whole tournament just becomes the same thing that we did in the "All stars team".

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

What do you mean? There will still be a bracket, there just won't be those 3 man teams like last time.

Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

4 men*

Yeah I know there'll be a bracket... but isn't it the same thing as the all stars with a bracket?

The makeshift teams made it a bit more interesting and fun, at least for me. I dunno :/

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think it's the same thing, you're still discussing all the individual match-ups after all instead of just pointing at one team. Anyone else with opinions on this one though?

Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

No, you don't remember the all stars team ? We picked a player from S2, S1 and D1 (discussing in each thread, why each one was the best) regardless the team they were to form a final "Dream Team".

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

I prefer bunch of makeshift team in comparison to to canon team. They are more fun to argue about. So I want to see more of that.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hardy View Post
    No, you don't remember the all stars team ? We picked a player from S2, S1 and D1 (discussing in each thread, why each one was the best) regardless the team they were to form a final "Dream Team".
    I made it, of course I remember >_>

I don't really see how it would be the same though. The all star teams weren't actual match discussions like they would happen in a bracket environment.

Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
    I made it, of course I remember >_>
    Lol, I know :P

Quote Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
    I don't really see how it would be the same though. The all star teams weren't actual match discussions like they would happen in a bracket environment.
    No, you're right, it was a general discussion, but with the same porpuse nevertheless. There was no need for brackets, we knew (for example) that the best S1 was either Yukimura, Tezuka, Sanada or Oni, and we discussed that.

---------- Post added at 05:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:53 PM ----------

Again, I dunno, I just find the whole concept of makeshift teams clashing against each other way more fun lol.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Added a poll, everybody go vote.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

You knows, I look back onto SPoT tournament Singles 1, and... well, let's say Oni would probably should have won. It's funny how he lose to Sanada and Yukimura.

I vote for Yukimura myself back then, though.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Last tournament was excellent. Kaoz totally landed it.
    I had some issues with some decisions I thought were just bat-in-daylight-crazy by others, but I guess there were those who felt no different.

I can agree with the removal of the Top tier. But may I ask how far up the higher end of the tier are we cutting out?
    And can we please continue to use Mid and Low tier characters who have had little screentime even for Singles?
    I liked discussing Mouri, Shishido, Kenya, Hakamada etc.

I guess separate sounds better. Since what if there's a character who's doomed by pairing up with teammates who, until you realize too late, just far too weak.

Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    I guess separate sounds better. Since what if there's a character who's doomed by pairing up with teammates who, until you realize too late, just far too weak.
    Lol, Fuji was prolly the worst S1, lost every match, yet his team won the tournament

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by -Ken- View Post
    You knows, I look back onto SPoT tournament Singles 1, and... well, let's say Oni would probably should have won. It's funny how he lose to Sanada and Yukimura.

I vote for Yukimura myself back then, though.
    It wasn't wrong at that time. Back then we only knew Oni had BJK and a bit more than BJK.
    We also didn't know that without 10-at-once it would be a literal shut-out due to the rally Oni and Kintaro had.
    We had no idea that 10ball wasn't just a big advantage, but the ability to create illusionary(real) balls too.
    Or Kishin Mode. Or TnK. Oni is a beast and I'm even slightly annoyed at how beastly Oni is.

New Reply
Page 38 of 72 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38 39 40 48 ... LastLast