Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/15/14 - 9/21/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo

View Poll Results: Which event should we have next? [Details in post #1024]

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tennis Doubles Tournament

1 25.00%
  • Beach Volleyball Tournament

3 75.00%
  • Other (Please specify in the thread)

0 0%
New Reply
Page 39 of 73 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39 40 41 49 ... LastLast

Thread: Shin Prince of Tennis Hangout Thread

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Hangout Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Hardy View Post
    Lol, Fuji was prolly the worst S1, lost every match, yet his team won the tournament
    Meh, WoK pair even somehow managed to win the tournament all star team. That's a mess up overrated team. It's crazy how much hyped people are fine with giving them and not giving ANY to Echizen and Kintarou. That's some pure BS right there.

---------- Post added at 11:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:21 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    It wasn't wrong at that time. Back then we only knew Oni had BJK and a bit more than BJK.
    We also didn't know that without 10-at-once it would be a literal shut-out due to the rally Oni and Kintaro had.
    We had no idea that 10ball wasn't just a big advantage, but the ability to create illusionary(real) balls too.
    Or Kishin Mode. Or TnK. Oni is a beast and I'm even slightly annoyed at how beastly Oni is.
    Well, we knows he had 10 balls. And I even remember it being used as argument for how beastly 10 ball people are.

Of course, people just ignore it and say it's something Konomi just throw out the window or something. And even say others can't read the way the manga are going.

We do have enough information about how Oni are above every other players at that point, we just don't use it. So it is our fault for not seeing it.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I can agree with the removal of the Top tier. But may I ask how far up the higher end of the tier are we cutting out?
    Currently the highest ranked character I included is Chitose.

And can we please continue to use Mid and Low tier characters who have had little screentime even for Singles?
    I liked discussing Mouri, Shishido, Kenya, Hakamada etc.
    I could potentially throw in a couple more categories. An issue with using the old first string members is that they are already ordered, so if two of them were to face each other, it wouldn't be much of a discussion.

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
    Currently the highest ranked character I included is Chitose.
    Fair enough. So Fuji and above is ruled out. That's cool.

I could potentially throw in a couple more categories. An issue with using the old first string members is that they are already ordered, so if two of them were to face each other, it wouldn't be much of a discussion.
    Well, from Mouri all the way down I don't think the No.s can reflect their ability.
    Vanish is a shot that can't be seen and it obviously can't be predicted since its Hakamada's only move and he is ranked above Mitsuya.
    Then there's the issue of Akiba being perhaps much better than TeamShuffle!Atobe, implying Hara would wipe TeamShuffle!Atobe.
    Its pretty confusing to me, I wouldn't rule them out for discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by -Ken- View Post
    We do have enough information about how Oni are above every other players at that point, we just don't use it. So it is our fault for not seeing it.
    Not quite.
    We did not know if Byoudouin or Ryoga had 10ball therefore we did not have enough information. At all.
    If Oni had 10ball but Byoudouin from what we know didn't have it, then we just couldn't be sure so people choosing Sanada/Yukimura would have been fine at that specific time.
    Especially since Kenya for example has 4ball yet Tezuka doesn't have anything. And only a dog would argue Kenya > Tezuka w/out TnK.
    We knew 10ball was a big advantage but after we found out Oni wasn't even No.1 and there hadn't been any indication Oni was equal to the No.1, we didn't know enough.

It wasn't until the Kintaro/Oni rally where we had it confirmed the G6 had 10ball where we realized Oni would defeat each and every MSer.
    Last edited by Airgrimes; May 06, 2013 at 01:41 PM.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, I think both is true. We kinda knew that 10ao is incredibly powerful from Mifune, but most of us probably didn't imagine that you literally can't do anything about it if you don't have the ability yourself, because they only play with one ball in actual matches, right? Right?

Well, from Mouri all the way down I don't think the No.s can reflect their ability.
    Vanish is a shot that can't be seen and it obviously can't be predicted since its Hakamada's only move and he is ranked above Mitsuya.
    Then there's the issue of Akiba being perhaps much better than TeamShuffle!Atobe, implying Hara would wipe TeamShuffle!Atobe.
    Its pretty confusing to me, I wouldn't rule them out for discussion.
    That's pretty much what I'm talking about. Imagine Hakamada vs Mitsuya happened, it would be an absolute no-brainer to decide. I'll see whether I can come up with satisfying combinations, but no promises.

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hardy's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

I want some explanations of these votes

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll see whether I can come up with satisfying combinations, but no promises.
    So a bit of an update here, I did not come up with enough match-ups that I consider satisfying for a top tier category (low tier characters are now included though, so please look forward to those), however something I consider doing at the moment as a bonus of sorts is a modified top tier category.
    This would involve me giving characters stats (probably no stats above 5 and every character's total would be about the same), maybe some techniques would be altered (to avoid instant KOs based on one move), and just overall leveling the playing field a bit. This could for example look like this:

Quote Quote:
    Oni Juujirou - SPE: 2, TEC: 3, MEN: 4, STA: 5, POW: 5
    Info: Oni's speciality is his power, further underlined by his signature technique [Black Jack Knife]. This high level technique reduces the ball's spin before firing it back to the other side of the court. In order to return [Black Jack Knife], good power or technique are essential, although if the return has no force at all, it might very well turn into a chance ball.
    As you can see, there's no mention of 10ao or anything, so those things would be excluded from the discussion.

Would you guys be interested in something like that? If so, any preference between singles and doubles (if you're interested and have no preference, I would probably go for doubles)?

Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't agree with excluding things that are fundamental to a character so they can be discuss. I rather we don't include those characters in competitions at all.

For the 10 balls, it's pretty much, "We knows those characters are actually league and beyond everyone else, but let's give them a chance to lose although we actually know they won't lose anyways". If we're ignoring things like that, it'll just become whoever had the biggest fan base. But I guess the result of last tournament was already like that, so bleh.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree we should keep them omitted form the tourney.
    Giving Oni a 5 in Power? Considering Krauser has a 5 in Power I just don't think it could work.
    So yeah, omit the Top tier dudes.
    I'm open to Atobe and below I guess though.
    Atobe, Niou, Fuji, Ochi, Shiraishi, WoK, Mouri, Kite, Inui, Yanagi etc.
    Right down to... ... ... Oishi and Mukahi. No lower though lol.
    Higashikata/Kadowaki tier is too low.

(I don't know if people would want to discuss Kimijima and Tohno though).

And Singles over Doubles.

Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't mind arguing Kimijima and Tohno. Irie is also up to consideration in that regards.

And I'll do a quick summary of top tier tournament if they would be playing.

Oni wins.

Easily enough. He fodderized 10 Ball level player, and now he got PoP on top of that. That's crazy beast he's become. If he doesn't win, that's just fanboyish.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Ken, from what we've seen, Irie's better than everyone other than Kazuya, Oni, Byoudouin, Ryoga, Kintarou, and Shuuji. The jury's out on Ryoma or Tezuka. Irie would be easily the best player if you included him.
    Last edited by FrostyMouse; May 13, 2013 at 02:06 PM.

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyMouse View Post
    Ken, from what we've seen, Irie's better than everyone other than Kazuya, Oni, Byoudouin, Ryoga, and Shuuji. The jury's out on Ryoma or Tezuka. Irie would be easily the best player if you included him.
    Have you considered Sanada Frosty? Guess we'll have to see the upcoming match to decide if Irie's better than him or not.

And Irie > Kintarou by what you're saying? Kin-chan should be able to comfortably defeat Irie if he has 10 ball plus PoP. Or you didn't consider him?
    Last edited by LetalHawk; May 13, 2013 at 01:55 PM.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LetalHawk View Post
    Have you considered Sanada Frosty? Guess we'll have to see the upcoming match to decide if Irie's better than him or not.

And Irie > Kintarou by what you're saying? Kin-chan should be able to comfortably defeat Irie if he has 10 ball plus PoP. Or you didn't consider him?
    I think Irie's above Sanada.

I knew I'd forgotten someone. Yeah, Kintarou should be comfortably above Irie at this point.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Lol iirc there are people on here who thought Atobe and Irie were equal before Atobe damaged his ankle, even after seeing uninjured Atobe struggle intensely against Ochi/Mouri.
    But I agree with you Frosty that Irie is stronger than everybody besides those you mentioned.
    Although... We can't truly confirm Ohmagari may I add. Nor can we confirm Duke.
    Sure he got serious, but not in a sense that he was up against a wall against Gin.

But yeah, Chitose and below sounds okay, but Atobe and below sounds pretty good too for me.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Lol iirc there are people on here who thought Atobe and Irie were equal before Atobe damaged his ankle, even after seeing uninjured Atobe struggle intensely against Ochi/Mouri.
    But I agree with you Frosty that Irie is stronger than everybody besides those you mentioned.
    Although... We can't truly confirm Ohmagari may I add. Nor can we confirm Duke.
    Sure he got serious, but not in a sense that he was up against a wall against Gin.

But yeah, Chitose and below sounds okay, but Atobe and below sounds pretty good too for me.
    Yeah, I was never one of those. I always thought that Irie was better than Atobe.

I would think that Ohmagari's the player directly beneath 1-5, Kazuya, Irie, Ryoma, and Kintarou. Tezuka's obviously better than Ohmagari, but you don't really need to mention him. Where Ohmagari stands in terms of Sanada, Atobe, Niou, and Akutsu, I don't really know. He should be pretty good, considering that he viewed Mach with disdain.

I still don't know where to place Duke. He's a power player, which is always hard to estimate and he didn't display 10 at Once, although he certainly should have 10 at Once.

I believe Irie's better than Duke, based on what we've seen (however limited) and some of the comments in the PPs.

19. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyMouse View Post
    Ken, from what we've seen, Irie's better than everyone other than Kazuya, Oni, Byoudouin, Ryoga, Kintarou, and Shuuji. The jury's out on Ryoma or Tezuka. Irie would be easily the best player if you included him.
    There aren't even anything that can prove Irie is above Kimijima. It's all speculation at this point.

New Reply
Page 39 of 73 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39 40 41 49 ... LastLast