Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 (2)
New Reply
Page 59 of 73 FirstFirst ... 9 49 57 58 59 60 61 69 ... LastLast

Thread: Shin Prince of Tennis Hangout Thread

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Hangout Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Phantron View Post
    If FuRinKaZan each counters one of the 4 styles, it'd mean that at least one of the remaining style is not counterable. At this point, we know Ryoma has seen Fu (which counters Ka) and Ka (which we don't know what it counters). Basically you can just work out a list of all the possibilities:

1. If Ka counters Rin, then use Zan (which would have to be countered by Rin)
    2. If Ka counters Zan, then use Rin (which would have to be countered by Zan)

So therefore the whole weakness of FuRinKaZan is bogus because there are at least two techniques Ryoma hasn't seen yet. Now, it is correct to say that Sanada always plays 'head-on tennis' so even if he has another technique that can sidestep Ryoma's strengths, he probably wouldn't use it.

Keep in mind Sanada is supposed to be able to beat Atobe in endurance style, so you can infer that any head-on matches usually ends up in with Sanada completely dominating his opponent. We can see that while Atobe was learning World of Ice, he indeed gets absolutely crushed against Zan until he finally got World of Ice, so yeah these matches wouldn't exactly be worthy of screen time.

Unrelated note, I picked up NPOT volume 10, and I notice in the execution scenes where Kite was bleeding like crazy, on the bottom of the page I found the usual disclaimer that should be on the first page of the volume which reads: "The likeness of characters and organizations to anything in real life is purely coincidental."

They really should add a "Don't try this at home, kids" disclaimer to NPOT as well. I don't believe this is anything of NPOT itself since the disclaimer is usually put on by the publisher, so the whole execution stuff was bloody enough to move the disclaimer there, which I thought was quite hilarious.
    what do you mean one of the remaining styles in uncounterable?
    if there are 4 techniques, then they can all be countered, here are some examples:
    wind beats fire
    fire beats forest
    mountain beats wind
    forest beats mountain
    if there are 4 techniques, then each one counters another, until we actually see mountain and forest, we don't know how they would relate to fire and wind, my examples were just theoretical, but none of them would be uncounterable

Sanada was beating atobe using mountain, which is supposed to, based on the match against 2 and 6, destroy his opponents endurance, so against an opponent who likes to enter an endurance battle, of course Sanada was winning, and isn't one person being dominated and then all of a sudden gaining a mid match upgrade how most of the seigaku players win their matches? Ryoma with all his drives and muga doors, tezuka with his muga doors, fuji with his counters, etc.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Atobe the king's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't they imply that Ryomas drives are developed before his matches? The only one i think he just made up mid match was COOL Drive. It usually looks as though it's a technique they seal, or would rather not use rather than something they made up on the spot (In most cases).
    When's Prince of Tennis Smash Hit 4

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by redhairSH View Post
    if there are 4 techniques, then each one counters another, until we actually see mountain and forest, we don't know how they would relate to fire and wind, my examples were just theoretical, but none of them would be uncounterable
    I believe Phantron's point was that if Ryoma knows Fuu and Ka, and Fuu counters Ka, he cannot counter one of Zan and Rin (the one that isn't countered by Ka), so Sanada should've used that one. While none of the four parts are immune to being countered, Ryoma cannot counter them if he hasn't seen the counter before.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
    I believe Phantron's point was that if Ryoma knows Fuu and Ka, and Fuu counters Ka, he cannot counter one of Zan and Rin (the one that isn't countered by Ka), so Sanada should've used that one. While none of the four parts are immune to being countered, Ryoma cannot counter them if he hasn't seen the counter before.
    That kind of makes sense, but Sanada uses his techniques based on what he needs in the match, he had no use for Rin, since it neutralizes the spin(and possibly power) of shots, he didn't have much trouble neutralizing spins, and he already had more power than Ryoma. Zan he uses to wear down stamina, and I think it's been described as a kind of defensive move, but Ryoma wore down his own stamina using muga, plus with muga, since ryoma had Fuu and Ka, he would be able to counter one of those moves if he wanted, and we don't know which move would have been canceled

Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by redhairSH View Post
    That kind of makes sense, but Sanada uses his techniques based on what he needs in the match, he had no use for Rin, since it neutralizes the spin(and possibly power) of shots, he didn't have much trouble neutralizing spins, and he already had more power than Ryoma. Zan he uses to wear down stamina, and I think it's been described as a kind of defensive move, but Ryoma wore down his own stamina using muga, plus with muga, since ryoma had Fuu and Ka, he would be able to counter one of those moves if he wanted, and we don't know which move would have been canceled

I think it also has to do with the fact that Sanada wanted to challenge Ryoma head on. Ryoma's tennis is based on attack and Rin and Zan like you said are defensive moves. Fu and Ka on the other hand are attacking moves so in using them Sanada is challenging Ryoma head on.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member MochiRoll's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Official twitter account of Konomi?
    https://twitter.com/konomi_takeshi

It was only created about 7 hours ago and is already being followed by PoT seiyuus so I guess its safe to assume its official. There are also sketches of Ryoma, Ryoga and Byoudoin that looks very Konomi-ish.

7. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Atobe the king's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hiro Mashima of Fairy Tail Fame likes to tweet a bunch of sketches too...this is really cool, thanks for the heads up
    When's Prince of Tennis Smash Hit 4

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Atobe the king View Post
    Hiro Mashima of Fairy Tail Fame likes to tweet a bunch of sketches too...this is really cool, thanks for the heads up
    I love his account. He pretty much tweets any left over sketch on it desk it seems like.
    So far that's the exact same thing Konomi has been doing so far.
    Konomi also tweeted a photo of him drawing Yagyuu. Possible future relevance in the story lol?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Korean Kuroko's Avatar
    Country
    Puerto Rico
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello.First time poster but sorta long time lurker,I guess. I read the original POT manga and to this day it's still the ONLY manga I've read and watched completely. Since I started getting into comics when Shin started I dropped off. 3 days ago I was bored so I checked what was happening in the manga and read all the chapters. It's been quite interesting to say the least. I really think this manga doesnt work in the monthly format. I'll be married and with kids by the time this manga gets out of the camp XD.
    Still since I'm kinda don't pay much attention when reading I still have some questions:
    - is the first court and the official team the same thing?
    - What is Kazuya's rank,since he is first court doesnt that mean he has a rank?
    -How much time has passed since the manga started and the U-17 camp in story?
    -Chances of a time skip?

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hardy's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi and welcome ^^, gonna answer your questions:

1- nope. The official team is the 1st string, the 1st court is just another court.
    2- nope. He's just a member of the 1st court.
    3- around 3 weeks
    4- not any time soon, but as PoT was just a prologue to Ryoma's life, I expect some time skips here and there, yeah.

Btw, I've only read PoT too ^^ and yeah, by the time NPoT ends you'll have grandkids, lol.

There's also a fanbook with a lot of recent info if you wanna check it out ( http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showth...ok-Volume-10.5 ) and this other thread is kind of a summary of this forum ( http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showth...read-Directory ) but there are a lot more threads that you should check out and share your opinions (tier lists, fav characters, etc).

Have fun

---------- Post added at 11:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:12 PM ----------

Oh you mean since PoT started?

Well here's a timeline that the guys from Fudo did (it may have some errors here and there... the year might be one of them for example) but it's kinda accurate

Country
    Puerto Rico
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hardy View Post
    Hi and welcome ^^, gonna answer your questions:

1- nope. The official team is the 1st string, the 1st court is just another court.
    2- nope. He's just a member of the 1st court.
    3- around 3 weeks
    4- not any time soon, but as PoT was just a prologue to Ryoma's life, I expect some time skips here and there, yeah.

Btw, I've only read PoT too ^^ and yeah, by the time NPoT ends you'll have grandkids, lol.

There's also a fanbook with a lot of recent info if you wanna check it out ( http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showth...ok-Volume-10.5 ) and this other thread is kind of a summary of this forum ( http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showth...read-Directory ) but there are a lot more threads that you should check out and share your opinions (tier lists, fav characters, etc).

Have fun

---------- Post added at 11:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:12 PM ----------

Oh you mean since PoT started?

Well here's a timeline that the guys from Fudo did (it may have some errors here and there... the year might be one of them for example) but it's kinda accurate
    Thanks,man. If you could could you check my post in the First string thread?

---------- Post added December 03, 2013 at 08:03 PM ---------- Previous post was November 26, 2013 at 08:43 PM ----------

Anyone wanna Prince of Tennis PM?

Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

I wanna what

Country
    Puerto Rico
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hardy View Post
    I wanna what
    Forget it I'm bored.PM=Private messages.

Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh, yeah I don't mind it, I had a little convo with Airgrimes the other days, lol. Just do it.

I guess there are usually guys like Frosty, Kaoz or Sai in the webchat (or a personal IRC channel) to chat. I find IRC ugly, that's why I never bothered them before

THE MH FOODIE 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Sai_the_Shaman's Avatar
    Country
    Earth Kindom
    Post Thanks / Like

Kaoz is usually in the IRC channel. I'm on usually only when I'm home.

I'm always on Google Hangouts though

New Reply
Page 59 of 73 FirstFirst ... 9 49 57 58 59 60 61 69 ... LastLast