Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 (2)

View Poll Results: Which event should we have next? [Details in post #1024]

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tennis Doubles Tournament

1 25.00%
  • Beach Volleyball Tournament

3 75.00%
  • Other (Please specify in the thread)

0 0%
New Reply
Page 64 of 72 FirstFirst ... 14 54 62 63 64 65 66 ... LastLast

Thread: Shin Prince of Tennis Hangout Thread

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Hangout Thread

Too bad only 1 volume is out in Thailand. Don't know how long I have to wait.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Short announcement: The Center Court subsection has been closed due to lack of posts and the threads have been moved back to the main forum. Furthermore, previously stickied threads are now super stickied. I sticked some regular threads as well and will shuffle that selection as I see fit. That's all.

---------- Post added April 08, 2014 at 02:47 PM ---------- Previous post was March 12, 2014 at 07:41 PM ----------

Shin Prince of Tennis Fan League II: Season 2 sign ups are now open. Please sign up in the game thread, and make sure you have read the opening posts before signing up.

---------- Post added May 07, 2014 at 06:48 AM ---------- Previous post was April 08, 2014 at 02:47 PM ----------

It finally occurred to me that whoever served first in the G10 matches might have depended on the score of the previous match.
    9/10 -> Ochi -> 32 games
    3 -> Duke (probably) -> 8 games
    7/8 -> Tohno -> 17 games
    5 -> Kintarou -> 16 games
    2/6 -> Akutsu -> 12 games
    1 -> Tokugawa
    So whenever the number of games played in the previous match was even, the first serving side stayed the same, and they switched when it was an odd number of games. I wonder if that applies to the older matches as well, but too lazy to check.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hardy's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

I was randomly reading the wikia, and read that ¨Tokugawa is the only person who Byoudouin has had a rematch(ed?) against¨.

We know that Oni was the number one player in the camp, then somehow ended up being the no. 5 (and then left that spot to Kaji) but he didn't lose against Tanegashima nor Byoudouin (because there was no rematch) apparently... so how did he end in that spot?

Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it's say he's unmatched before he seal away Kishin. So he can perfectly just be beaten by other people after he seal Kishin, I believe. So his rank drop down.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by -Ken- View Post
    So he can perfectly just be beaten by other people after he seal Kishin, I believe. So his rank drop down.
    Who? We know that BJK was enough to give him the no. 5 spot and be as good as Tanegashima. He never had a rematch against Byoudouin, so there's literally no one in the camp left that could have taken his spot.

On the other hand, he could had stepped down from 1 to 5... but that wouldn't make sense.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, maybe Byoudouin did have another match with Oni and beat him. He says that Tokugawa is the only person who dared to appear before him a second time, which could mean that nobody challenged him again after they got beaten. In the case of Byoudouin and Oni, Oni won though and then Byoudouin would've been the challenger in case of a rematch.

Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Tanegashima doesn't beat him, but for him to come down in rank, someone have to. I'm guessing Byoudonin was the ex no 5 before he challenge Oni. Is there any page that says Byoudonin never have another match with Oni since then ever?

Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
    Well, maybe Byoudouin did have another match with Oni and beat him. He says that Tokugawa is the only person who dared to appear before him a second time, which could mean that nobody challenged him again after they got beaten. In the case of Byoudouin and Oni, Oni won though and then Byoudouin would've been the challenger in case of a rematch.
    I guess? I mean, maybe I was taking the wikia too literally.

Tanegashima doesn't beat him, but for him to come down in rank, someone have to. I'm guessing Byoudonin was the ex no 5 before he challenge Oni. Is there any page that says Byoudonin never have another match with Oni since then ever?
    Do you even read what I post?

Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes? So what? I'm asking for a page that state there was never a rematch against Byoudonin. Evidence, please?

Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

I just said I read it in the wikia (and it can be wrong, that's why I'm asking, no need to be an ass). Please.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes? So what? I'm asking for a page that state there was never a rematch against Byoudonin. Evidence, please?
    I'm not sure where it is, but there's a page that says that when Byoudouin returned, he was beating everyone and Oni stepped aside to raise up the next generation. Until we're told otherwise, you can't just assume that they played after Byoudouin returned. In fact, given that Oni was unaware that Byoudouin had gained Pirate, you'd argue that it's likely that they didn't play after Byoudouin had returned.

12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, did it say they never play each other? If it doesn't state that, there is a chance they play each other. It is as simply as that.

Also, you don't need to play someone to knows they got a new tech. The U-17 court watch videos of MS just playing National, really. I thought they'll be focusing more on bettering their own players.

And Byoudonin doesn't have to know Pirate as soon as he return. He could gain that while playing overboard. We don't really know.

Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Also, you don't need to play someone to knows they got a new tech. The U-17 court watch videos of MS just playing National, really. I thought they'll be focusing more on bettering their own players.
    When the 1st stringers came back from their travel, they were asking themselves if the 2nd stringers had improved at all. So no, they don't watch videos of the camp when they are out.
    Last edited by Hardy; May 13, 2014 at 10:54 AM. Reason: jesus my english is crap

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Since Irie and co. had never seen Oni's Kijin, it's likely that he had already sealed it by the time Byoudouin returned, so even if they did play another match, Oni probably didn't use that move.

Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hardy View Post
    When the 1st stringers came back from their travel, they were asking themselves if the 2nd stringers had improved at all. So no, they don't watch videos of the camp when they are out.
    Well, that is the 1st stringer and not Oni, isn't it? And how long are they gone, really? Who's to say Byoudonin doesn't gain Pirate overboard? Do we even know the time period that Byoudonin gain pirate?

Byoudonin can simply beat Oni as #5 when he comes back. There's nothing that go against it.

New Reply
Page 64 of 72 FirstFirst ... 14 54 62 63 64 65 66 ... LastLast