Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)
New Reply
Page 50 of 58 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50 51 52 ... LastLast

Thread: Bleach Volume Cover Thread - [Newest: Vol 58]

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Firebird0ne's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bleach Volume Cover Thread - [Newest: Vol 55]

Quote Originally Posted by mattiaildivino View Post
    yeah,it was in the chapter,in the first page. however,I'm really disappointed... yama deserved to be there instead of that weakling captain. especially as I'd put someone from the 0th division on volume 58's one

---------- Post added November 27, 2012 at 03:29 PM ---------- Previous post was November 20, 2012 at 01:40 PM ----------

here you guys are: http://books.shueisha.co.jp/CGI/sear...70516-3&mode=1
    CC will probably get the next cover, and I think it's well deserved.

I don't, however, agree at all with your opinion that Byakuya is in any way a weak captain. First off, He has only been defeated by Ichigo (main character) and As Nodt, who could have wiped out several of the other captains at once (Soi Fon, who usually gets her butt kicked or has 'Lady Yoruichi' save her skin or Komamura, who loses nearly every fight he's in.). Byakuya is often sent out ahead with Kenpachi (the 'badass advance crew') and he always seems to get opponents with some nasty abilities (Zommari with his ability to possess what his eyes see and Tsukishima, who can insert himself in his opponent's past to gain the upper hand). He was one of the captains that Aizen locked into HM so his strength would be stolen from the group defending KT. And Kubo wouldn't have had a weak captain fall to As Nodt. He wanted to use a strong captain with an impressive bankai to show a powerful captain losing to his own technique. Any other captain facing As Nodt and having lost their bankai (as four captains did, but the other three drew lesser opponents, some not even important enough to be named) and facing it down with only a shikai would have been in trouble. Of course Byakuya looked bad in that fight. But he didn't lose to As Nodt's power. He was putting up a fight until hit at least twice with his own bankai. And until such time as it's discovered how to counter those medallions, I think any other captain will not be able to defeat As Nodt alone (I'm not convinced As Nodt is dead. If that other quincy with the mohawk could survive the CC's attack, so can As Nodt.) If Byakuya is weak, then some of the other captains are pathetic.

Byakuya deserves the cover. It suits this part of the story and it reflects the destruction of the Gotei and the noble houses...the two forces that protect and serve the Spirit King. I'm sure the CC will get the next cover anyway. And there's plenty of time to get a RG cover in there too. There's room enough for everyone, and the art on this cover is impressive!
    Last edited by Firebird0ne; December 04, 2012 at 01:52 PM.

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

here you guys are,let's check how the first chapter of volume 57 is for what concerns the volume edition: http://www.s-manga.net/comics_new/cn..._T0idJ7Ep.html .the volume opens with the 500th chapter,in which the one who killed kirge (likely grimmjow) makes his appearance!

---------- Post added at 04:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:20 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Firebird0ne View Post
    CC will probably get the next cover, and I think it's well deserved.

I don't, however, agree at all with your opinion that Byakuya is in any way a weak captain. First off, He has only been defeated by Ichigo (main character) and As Nodt, who could have wiped out several of the other captains at once (Soi Fon, who usually gets her butt kicked or has 'Lady Yoruichi' save her skin or Komamura, who loses nearly every fight he's in.). Byakuya is often sent out ahead with Kenpachi (the 'badass advance crew') and he always seems to get opponents with some nasty abilities (Zommari with his ability to possess what his eyes see and Tsukishima, who can insert himself in his opponent's past to gain the upper hand). He was one of the captains that Aizen locked into HM so his strength would be stolen from the group defending KT. And Kubo wouldn't have had a weak captain fall to As Nodt. He wanted to use a strong captain with an impressive bankai to show a powerful captain losing to his own technique. Any other captain facing As Nodt and having lost their bankai (as four captains did, but the other three drew lesser opponents, some not even important enough to be named) and facing it down with only a shikai would have been in trouble. Of course Byakuya looked bad in that fight. But he didn't lose to As Nodt's power. He was putting up a fight until hit at least twice with his own bankai. And until such time as it's discovered how to counter those medallions, I think any other captain will not be able to defeat As Nodt alone (I'm not convinced As Nodt is dead. If that other quincy with the mohawk could survive the CC's attack, so can As Nodt.) If Byakuya is weak, then some of the other captains are pathetic.

Byakuya deserves the cover. It suits this part of the story and it reflects the destruction of the Gotei and the noble houses...the two forces that protect and serve the Spirit King. I'm sure the CC will get the next cover anyway. And there's plenty of time to get a RG cover in there too. There's room enough for everyone, and the art on this cover is impressive!
    sorry dude,I liked reading your post,and for some aspects I even agreed with it,but let me correct you:
    1)first of all, byakuya is not weak,but even if he wins he always ends up being covered by his own blood,and that's not something I like,as he should own the opponent,instead of slicing his own joints;
    2) he should be really strong,but kubo changed his mind,maybe starting from the pendoloum arc,where gin was obviously shown to be stronger than him,although when he was a "spy" he seemed weaker
    3) it's not true that his end was impressive,as he fell after taking his own bankai (which was taken much better by renji )
    4) against his own strength,kenpachi proved that someone can win,why could byakuya not be at ken's level???
    5)sure he was important in this volume,but I don't think he deserved it more than akon,well,just a little bit. if you check the titles,more than half the volume is focused on yamamoto,who is the real baddass of this volume (only to be owned in the following ),I agreed that yamamoto had to take a cover,but if he gets the next one,it will be a sad cover like this one,instead of having the God of Fire on it

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Firebird0ne's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

First of all, Renji was only hit once with Byakuya's bankai and would have died if Rikichi hadn't broken Hanatarou out of jail to help him.. Byakuya was hit at least twice after 17 months of additional training, and waited much longer for medical attention.

Secondly, Kenpachi and Byakuya tangled in HM while fighting Yammy and neither dominated the other. Did you perhaps miss the part where Zaraki said that the fight with Yammy was boring? So, what is hinted is that it wasn't Yammy who beat the two until they were barely on their feet. The subtle hint there was that they fought each other. How did you miss that?

Oh, and did I mention...Zaraki is ALWAYS getting bloody. Byakuya has been bloodied lately because the opponents have been getting more powerful. That's why Kubo has him taking more damage. And really? I wasn't as impressed when winning was too easy for him. He's much more fun to watch when he has to think on his feet and struggle.
    Last edited by Firebird0ne; December 04, 2012 at 05:02 PM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member hossice's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Since you asked so nicely:
    twitter.com/mahossice - follow back!

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Firebird0ne View Post
    First of all, Renji was only hit once with Byakuya's bankai and would have died if Rikichi hadn't broken Hanatarou out of jail to help him.. Byakuya was hit at least twice after 17 months of additional training, and waited much longer for medical attention.

Secondly, Kenpachi and Byakuya tangled in HM while fighting Yammy and neither dominated the other. Did you perhaps miss the part where Zaraki said that the fight with Yammy was boring? So, what is hinted is that it wasn't Yammy who beat the two until they were barely on their feet. The subtle hint there was that they fought each other. How did you miss that?

Oh, and did I mention...Zaraki is ALWAYS getting bloody. Byakuya has been bloodied lately because the opponents have been getting more powerful. That's why Kubo has him taking more damage. And really? I wasn't as impressed when winning was too easy for him. He's much more fun to watch when he has to think on his feet and struggle.
    I can't believe that the fought,I didn't miss kenpachi's statement,but really.the 2 of them didn't fight. they were against someone stronger than stark,that is stronger than 2 vizard captains,and you should remember that they said it was boring but were about to fall down

---------- Post added at 11:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:44 AM ----------

GUYS HERE YOU CAN CHECK THE FIRST CHAPTER OF VOLUME 57, THE 500th !!! http://www.s-manga.net/comics_new/cn..._T0idJ7Ep.html

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member exacta's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mattiaildivino View Post
    sorry dude,I liked reading your post,and for some aspects I even agreed with it,but let me correct you:
    1)first of all, byakuya is not weak,but even if he wins he always ends up being covered by his own blood,and that's not something I like,as he should own the opponent,instead of slicing his own joints;
    2) he should be really strong,but kubo changed his mind,maybe starting from the pendoloum arc,where gin was obviously shown to be stronger than him,although when he was a "spy" he seemed weaker
    3) it's not true that his end was impressive,as he fell after taking his own bankai (which was taken much better by renji )
    4) against his own strength,kenpachi proved that someone can win,why could byakuya not be at ken's level???
    You're being pretty unreasonable. You can't say Byakuya should be more like Kenpachi when Kenpachi ALWAYS wins his battles covered in his own blood. Byakuya tends to suffer less injuries. Sure he took damage against Tsukishima and Zommari, but they had some of the haxest abilities in the whole manga. Kenpachi has only fought straight combat opponents, unlike Byakuya who tends to get the hax ones, and still wins.

It's also completely irrelevant that Kenpachi beat that clone of himself. As Nodt had his own powers plus Byakuya's Bankai. Byakuya had only his shikai, he couldn't use his full strength, Kenpachi could, and if you read the fight what truly did him in was As Nodt's fear inducing arrow. Byakuya also quickly removed the luchador from battle, so I'm pretty sure Byakuya, once again, drew an unlucky straw with As Nodt. The reason VR made note of Kenpachi is probably because they have no device to prevent him from using full power, not he's "Kenpachi and iz the strongest shinigamiz evar."

Also, no, Renji absolutely did not take it better than Byakuya. Um, Byakuya was covered in so many petals that all we could see of him was a hand sticking out, and he was getting repeatedly driven into the wall. Byakuya didn't even compress his petals into a wave like As Nodt did, he just spread them out and cut Renji. It's Byakuya's most basic attack pretty much, in shikai and Bankai. Gin didn't look strong in TBP....he didn't look weak either. He didn't do anything. They were both prodigies, thats it. I don't know who would win in a battle between the two of them, it'd be a very interesting fight though. Probably won't ever happen.

I'm of the opinion Kenpachi and Byakuya are equal. I seriously doubt Kubo would end a battle between them in anything but a draw.

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Exodi's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by exacta View Post
    You're being pretty unreasonable. You can't say Byakuya should be more like Kenpachi when Kenpachi ALWAYS wins his battles covered in his own blood. Byakuya tends to suffer less injuries. Sure he took damage against Tsukishima and Zommari, but they had some of the haxest abilities in the whole manga. Kenpachi has only fought straight combat opponents, unlike Byakuya who tends to get the hax ones, and still wins.

It's also completely irrelevant that Kenpachi beat that clone of himself. As Nodt had his own powers plus Byakuya's Bankai. Byakuya had only his shikai, he couldn't use his full strength, Kenpachi could, and if you read the fight what truly did him in was As Nodt's fear inducing arrow. Byakuya also quickly removed the luchador from battle, so I'm pretty sure Byakuya, once again, drew an unlucky straw with As Nodt. The reason VR made note of Kenpachi is probably because they have no device to prevent him from using full power, not he's "Kenpachi and iz the strongest shinigamiz evar."

Also, no, Renji absolutely did not take it better than Byakuya. Um, Byakuya was covered in so many petals that all we could see of him was a hand sticking out, and he was getting repeatedly driven into the wall. Byakuya didn't even compress his petals into a wave like As Nodt did, he just spread them out and cut Renji. It's Byakuya's most basic attack pretty much, in shikai and Bankai. Gin didn't look strong in TBP....he didn't look weak either. He didn't do anything. They were both prodigies, thats it. I don't know who would win in a battle between the two of them, it'd be a very interesting fight though. Probably won't ever happen.

I'm of the opinion Kenpachi and Byakuya are equal. I seriously doubt Kubo would end a battle between them in anything but a draw.

Kind of a fun side note that's somewhat off topic: I believe that was Byakuya's arm being hacked off.

After Ichigo shows up, we see Byakuya with a hand missing.
    http://www.mangastream.to/bleach-cha...27-page-6.html

Poor guy.

9. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Asclepius's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SasukeTheOne View Post
    Bleach v56& 57

I loved the blueish cover.
    I only missed the sakura petals dancing around him.

Discuss the yaoi side of Shingeki no Kyojin and Kuroko no Basket at the Boys Love section.

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

http://books.shueisha.co.jp/CGI/sear...-4-08-870551-4 Shueisha stated vol.58 contains 11 chapters, from chap 510 "The extinction" to chap 520 "killers not dead",ending here: http://www.mangareader.net/bleach/520/19 .

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Kokuryuu's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

This time I don't know who's going to appear on the cover. Can be Ichigo, or Yamamoto that dies on this volume, or one of the royals (although very unlikely, they're just introduced). Kyouraku is a possible option too.

Custom Title 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Darjaille's Avatar
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Me thinks it's defnitely gonna be Yamamoto. It's his last chance, and let's agree that those chapters were his chapters.

ex oriente lux

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Of course, the girl is right , yamamoto had to appear in the previous cover,but he didn't, so he will surely appear in this one,as those were his last moments

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Evil3ye's Avatar
    Country
    San Marino
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Kyouraku or a Zero Squader will take it, Yamamoto have had one not too long ago.

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

byakuya had already had a cover too,yet he got the previous one . kyoraku can't take this : his promotion takes place only in the last chapter, whereas the 0th squad didn't do much,and it'd be too much a spoiler.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Asclepius's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Discuss the yaoi side of Shingeki no Kyojin and Kuroko no Basket at the Boys Love section.

19. Thanks 6 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 50 of 58 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50 51 52 ... LastLast