Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/7/14 - 7/13/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 502 by kewl0210 , Bleach 588 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 26 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: The 5 War Potentials

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member devstauk's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

The 5 War Potentials

Okay so i got to thinking and based on my theory that the 5 war potentials are based on the amount of reistu produced, being some kind of deterrent to the quincy's bankai steal/sealing process, my reason for thinking this is when Ivan couldn't steal/seal ichigo's bankai it was due to the sheer overwhelming amount that Ichigo let's out, If this is a factor then it would make sense to me that the 5 war potentials are Ichigo who we already know to be one, but also the three who fought Azien. Isshin, Urahaaha, Yoruichi my reasons for these three are the fact that being able to give him a reasonable beating, without even going bankai is pretty impressive feat, and lets be honest if they go bankai they would be serious powerhouses that emit immense amounts of Reistu so stealing or sealing would be damn near impossible to contain and possibly "control"
    the last one like i said in another post is a toss up between Zaraki and Yamamotto, these two are in my eye the only other two it could be i mean lets face it Zaraki has this Unknown potential but going by what we know of him and seen what he is capable of it only suggests that he cant be subdued. The only thing that makes me think its not him is the fact he hasn't got bankai but we don't know if what gives the War Potentials that title has anything to do with bankai itself, if its not to do with bankai then it has to do with the Reistu these guys emit.
    Yamamotto is kind of on the fence with this one, i don't think he's going to be a war potential due to BB basically looking overly confident that he's gunna Yama's arse so being a war potential kind of defeats the object.

I know some of you are going to say what about Shunsui, Ukitake and Unohana, lets just say these guys aren't weak and by any means should be taken out of the equation but you have to remember their bankai's for all we know may not have much to do with overwhelming amounts of Reistu but the control and physical effects they may have on their opponents so in my opinion these won't be war potentials.....

Now lets take a look at the back runners for the 5 war potentials, okay we have chad and orihime these guys aren't necessarily power houses or anything but we do have to take into account that their powers are unique and will come in handy for either side

My theory on what makes people war potentials is one of three things,
    1. is to do with how useful they will be to either side
    2. it has something to do with the reistu they emit, going by what we saw kirge do to allon this could mean that they all have that ability and the war potential has to do with this ability as well has the stealing/sealing
    3. it has to do with the blood lines

Spoiler: War Potentials Confirmed show
    Last edited by devstauk; July 10, 2013 at 12:29 PM.
    Spoiler show

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The 5 war potentials

Well, there are indeed many names that come into play here. Ichigo was already stated to be one so it comes down to figuring out who the 4 other people are. Originally I thought we could rule out urahara, chad and orihime since none of them was called a war potential however then I had the idea that this could be because urahara and orihime in particular had yet to be spotted by vanderreich. After all, ichigo headed out first and urahara went elsewhere to help dodonchaka. So this are my candidates:

1.- Urahara. Very smart dude who seems to have met the king.
    2.- Orihime. Actual godlike powers who has the power to bring back the dead. Her ability might even be able to return shinigami to a state before being robed of their bankai.
    3.- Ishin. Powerful shinigami who could have a connection to vanderreich through ryuken
    4.- Ryuken. Powerful quincy, the last of the line of souken apparently who I would argue knows about vanderreich through souken. His abilities cannot be stolen and if souken knew stuff about vanderreich then he is likely to have told ryuken.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity NAM61's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

ichigo, isshin, ishida, ishidas father and urahara are the 5 i think

ichigo because he is immune to getting his bankai stolen and he is very powerful

isshin maybe he has a past with the leader and seems to be very powerful as well

ishida and his father because they are quincys

urahara because he is smart and probably can counter their bankai stealing medallions
    Last edited by NAM61; June 18, 2012 at 10:31 AM.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Dunno, based on kirge's opinion of ishida it does not seem like vanderreich thinks of him as an enemy. Kirge seemed actually disappointed in him being weak, I would find it incredible if they did not have an expectation of ishida switching sides to them at some point. I would imagine that more than ishida being a war potential he is a potential ally.

I also can't imagine orihime not being a war potential. Her abilities are quite literally godlike. She has a deeper ability than merely time and spatial regression, her ability allows her to outright reject events. SS feared this ability enough to have the shinigami stationed in KT return and it would make no sense if vanderreich has not understood the implications of the ability. Given the nature of her abilities, she should be the most likely to be on the list. With her help SS could potentially fight VR indefinitely lol.

~ Forum Fixer ~ 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Miyagi's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think war potential status is all about power and/or reiatsu. VR had no idea that Ichigo's bankai couldn't be stolen and they can't possibly know whose bankai are strong enough to resist bankai stealing technique even if we assume that it didn't work on Ichigo because of his high reiatsu and not some other factor. For now I have five theories about who those five war potentials may be:

1) Isshin, Ryūken, Urahara, Yoruichi and Ichigo because they're the strongest people outside SS, and it's not in VR's best interest to face them alongside SS captains during invasion.

2) Ichigo, Isshin, Uryū, Ryūken and unknown person because they're quincies or have connection with quincies.

3) Ryūken, Ichigo, Uryū, Chad and Orihime because they're humans and can potentially be dangerous if they're not exterminated.

4) Yamamoto, Shunsui, Ukitake, Isshin and Ichigo because VR leader knows what they're capable of from 1000 years ago with the exception of Ichigo who is Isshin's son and defeated Aizen.

5) Ichigo, Shinji, Kensei, Love and Rose because they are vizard captains.

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone have any theorys on how people become war potentials, war potentials seems more like they could be one of 3 things a danger, helpful, or something else that i cant figure out, but knowing how they've come to the conclusion that these 5 are war potentials could help figure who they are
    Spoiler show

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, the most basic thing we can guess is that each of them is capable in some form of having more influence in the outcome of the war than any one given person. To be fair, that is saying quite a bit considering this is a manga where a relatively small group of people already usually hold the majority of the power in organizations. I maintain orihime must be a war potential in this regard. Her ability to heal much faster than what kido would allow and to bring back dead people is a bit of an inconvenient for the enemies IMO.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

i don't know why but i think Ryuken could have something to with their research and development, also if they know about orihime's abilities but not who she is or what she looks like that makes me think they have only been told her name which i think could be the case
    Spoiler show

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impossibility's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

I have to agree with kkck on Orohime. Although her battle capabilities, for some reason, pale in comparison to others, she has the most ridiculous ability in the entire manga. Anyone aware of her ability would have to consider her a major factor in a war scenario. Isshin, Urahara, Yamamoto, Aizen, Uryu, Ryuken would seem like the most obvious of potential candidates, but in reality the war potentials have yet to be defined so it is distinctly possible that we could see a group that fails to include any of them. I'd also like to point out that beyond the names that have been offered up, it is distinctly possible than one or more of the war potentials have yet to be introduced.
    Last edited by Impossibility; June 20, 2012 at 06:28 AM.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member okaneman's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the 5 would be:-

1. Ichigo. He's not a Shinigami or Human, he's a.... (stated by Aizen). Well it does makes sense as being from human, he trascends into Shinigami, Hollow, Full-Bringer, and Shinigami (revived). If he tends to have Quincy power, I wouldn't be surprised at all... ,
    2. Vizards. Even though their Bankai's stolen, they still have their hollow powers.
    3. Urahara or Isshin. By this time, they maybe know the method of stopping the Quincy's Bankai-Stealing or even counter it. They also hang out with Ryuken, the Quincy.
    4. Aizen. An immortal, hougyoku-fused shinigami. And he doesn't have his Zanpakuto anymore so no Bankai.. or is it??
    5. Ishida/Ryuken. A mutual Quincy fellas with the Vandenreich. They also, know the method of Bankai-Stealing or how to counter it.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I would question whether ryuken and ishida know much about vanderreich. Souken knew them, thats a fact, however the issue at hand is that he did not approve of what they were doing. Souken advocated them fighting together and was against the holy form as far as we know. Ryuken fashions himself the last true quincy and has seemingly taken after souken's ideals even if he does not live a quincy live. I don't think ryuken has much knowledge of what the vandereich are up to, if he takes after his father odds are he already rejected the lot of them. Its ishida who is in trouble here, being unfamiliar with VR makes him a prime candidate to be either recruited or assasinated. If we take kirge's statement as true, his potential would be quite up there to say the least.

My issue with the vizards is that they would not be significantly different from arrancar to begin with. I don't think they would be regarded in any way more dangerous than what harribel was at large.

Would the shinigami release aizen though? I would question that much a decent bit lol. Aizen is a powerful immortal genius, releasing him could end up being potentially more dangerous than VR lol.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    I would question whether ryuken and ishida know much about vanderreich. Souken knew them, thats a fact, however the issue at hand is that he did not approve of what they were doing. Souken advocated them fighting together and was against the holy form as far as we know. Ryuken fashions himself the last true quincy and has seemingly taken after souken's ideals even if he does not live a quincy live. I don't think ryuken has much knowledge of what the vandereich are up to, if he takes after his father odds are he already rejected the lot of them. Its ishida who is in trouble here, being unfamiliar with VR makes him a prime candidate to be either recruited or assasinated. If we take kirge's statement as true, his potential would be quite up there to say the least.

My issue with the vizards is that they would not be significantly different from arrancar to begin with. I don't think they would be regarded in any way more dangerous than what harribel was at large.

Would the shinigami release aizen though? I would question that much a decent bit lol. Aizen is a powerful immortal genius, releasing him could end up being potentially more dangerous than VR lol.
    thing is ryuken didnt have an entirely father son sort of relationship with his dad, who knows if he saw a profit from helping the VR obtain these medallions that steal bankai, thats not to say he cant be a war potential
    Spoiler show

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by devstauk View Post
    thing is ryuken didnt have an entirely father son sort of relationship with his dad, who knows if he saw a profit from helping the VR obtain these medallions that steal bankai, thats not to say he cant be a war potential
    Profit from the medallions? where did that come from? Seems kinda random.... If he had helped VR obtain the medallions wouldn't he be an ally though?

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

He said to Uuryu that there was no profit in being Quincy, (i dunno i was spit balling with what i said in my previous post) although he did build a training ground to help his son regain his powers after losing them, he seems to have the knowledge to not only enhance his son's powers but also probably his own, he's also a doctor so he knows his shit so to speak, and he also knows very well how the Shinigami's bankai work, the war a 200 years ago was lost by the Quincy due to them not understanding bankai, so who would be the likely choice to either bribe, pay or intimidate into giving information on the shinigami

this is now kind of off topic, but as long as it gets back on topic i don't mind

---------- Post added at 11:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:09 AM ----------

Going back to topic, if the Stealing medallions are doing just that, stealing bankai or essentially the spirit of the Zan, then a reason Ichigo was able to stop it from happening is due to him having fused with it thus not having one now
    Spoiler show

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think that makes sense. Zangetsu/shirosaki have at every point in the manga been ichigo himself so to speak. Ichigo didn't fuse with them in that regard, at least not IMO. He did become getsuga but that does not in itself imply a change of that nature. If they are stealing bankai then I would argue the issue is about reiatsu, stealing bankai has the implication of stealing a portion of the shinigami's power. Ichigo's reiatsu and power are less than ordinary. In his basic form he is a hybrid with hollow and shinigami powers and in his transcendental form he has power which inherently surpasses hollows and shinigami altogether.

New Reply
Page 1 of 26 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast